Plantagenet Hungary instead of Capetian Anjou Hungary

Is it possible that Hungary to be ruled by the Plantagenets instead of the Capetian House of Anjou, the POD would be in 1240, because Edmund the Crouchback had a claim to the throne of Sicily at his child hood if he pursues this could they take the place of the OTL Capetian Anjous in the throne of Hungary.

Anything is possible. Once the Arpads were gone anyone could have become the next king as long as Ugrin Csak and Mladen Šubić decided they would place that person on the throne.

Didn't the Jagiellons intermarry with Arpad descendants later on? Who were the closest heir, or heiress rather, that Edmund could marry?

What effects would result from an English King? English-inspired laws and customs?

Didn't the Jagiellons intermarry with Arpad descendants later on? Who were the closest heir, or heiress rather, that Edmund could marry?

What effects would result from an English King? English-inspired laws and customs?

Actually ITTL, Edmund's son marries Mary of Arpad or Elisabeth of Arpad, a daughter of Stephen V of Hungary, in my scenario I made Edmund do what Charles I of Naples did except that he retains all of Sicily and marries Constance of Sicily.