Photos from World War Z

unit-731-museum-10.jpg

The infamous building of Unit 731, the Imperial Japanese Army's biowarfare division. Unit 731 was where the Japanese researched the Solanum Virus as a last ditch effort to make the U.S. and allies seek peace with favorable terms for Japan in the Pacific Front as mentioned in The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks by renowned author Max Brooks. Most of it was dismissed as hoax. However, recent theories have made Unit 731 as the possible origin for zombie outbreaks in China since it is possible the Soviets obtained the data for Operation Cherry Blossom during the invasion of Manchuria and Korea. Prior to the Sino-Soviet split, the CIA and the DIA believes that the Soviets shared data with the Chinese for their own bioweapons program. It is evident that what ever China planned to do with the Solanum Virus spun out of control as bodies of infected were merely dumped in the ruins of Old Dachang. It is heavily likely that the first infected people were those fishermen and heirloom hunters that were bitten by underwater zombies dumped by the PLA. From there, all these pieces would start small outbreaks in China, in which the CCP tried to cover up once more.

During World War Z, Unit 731 was reclaimed by the Manchurian forces and used as a staging ground. It is now a museum just as it originally intended to be, but this time with information about the Solanum Virus.
This is how the horrors back then making the German medical experiments got run for it's money.

i6batdng81431.jpg

A refugee vehicle arrives in Los Angeles with a tied television set. During the chaotic evacuation west of the Rocky Mountains, thousands of cars were spotted bringing in non-essential items including televisions and refrigerators.

sunstar%2Fimport%2Fuploads%2Fimages%2F2020%2F12%2F18%2F260753.jpg

Civilian volunteers in Metro Manila use firecrackers to draw zombies into a Killzone for the Raj-Singh Manuever tactic that was adapted by the AFP.

M81-Woodland_MARSOC.jpg

U.S. soldiers issued with M81 Woodland BDU during the defense of the West Coast. Due to the shortage of camouflage uniforms, surplus M81s were issued to National Guard and State Guards.

v3mon4aat8e81.jpg

Even the most iconic structures could not stand 10 years of neglect, looting and weather.

2-north-brother-island.jpg

Former upper New York mansion fallen into ruin by the end of WWZ.

abandoned-part-of-Gary-Indiana.jpg

Many a wag would say Gary, Indiana looks the same at the end of WWZ as at the start...

Last edited:
1920px-National_Reconnaissance_Office%2C_2013.jpg

Pre-war aerial photograph of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, Virginia. The NRO was relocated to various posts west of the Rocky Mountains after the federal government abandoned the East Coast. NRO personnel were stationed mostly in Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado, Beale Air Force Base in California, Area 51 in Nevada, and the Hawaii Cryptologic Center. The NRO continued to analyze horde movements and the status of other countries. The NRO played a direct role in monitoring which cities needed to be liberated first during the Road to New York Campaign.

WWZ - Year One - The Great Panic
Location - Atlanta, USA

1000014506.jpg

During the first year of the war, multiple towns and cities were turned to nothing more than melted glass and steel via napalm bombing in an attempt to stem the flow of infection rates climbing higher. Both living and dead were made targets by US Millitary in the ever growing panic and vain to stop the pandemic reaching critical levels in America. Naturally, it did nothing to stop the inevitable collapse of the USA.

Official Government Documentation shows here the city of Atlanta burning to the ground after the millitary had bombed the city as an attempt to cut the infection off at its source. The source being millions of lives, living or dead.

Location - Edinburgh, Scotland, The United Kingdom

In Scotlands capital city of Edinburgh, the dead emerge through the fire and smoke during the fall of Princess Street. A battle against the growing numbers of shambling corpses took place in the heart of the capital for three days as Scots survivors tried in vain to defeat a horde that had formed in Leith and swarmed down the cities main shopping and retail hub. The battle culminated in mass fire and hysteria, which resulted in the destruction of the department store Jenners

1000014498.jpg

The dead are seen here sillouhetted against the light of fire wandering through the smoke filled ruins of what was once Scotlands most beautiful city.

Location - Poland
1000014502.jpg

The dead swarm around a fuel station at an unknown location in Poland during the first year of the war. Electricity grids are seen to still be on, which would indicate this photograph was taken very early on in Polands part of The Great Panic

WWZ - Year One - Pre Great Panic
Location - China
1000034968.jpg

A pre war internet UK news outlet "The Daily Mirror" reports on a "cannibal" attack that took place in the city of Wenzhou in South Eastern China.

The news article reports that a locally known bus driver was heavily intoxicated with alcohol and had "jumped" onto the windscreen of a passing car, "smashing hands and fists" through the motor vehciles glass before the driver of the car tried to escape, but not before the attacker "lept" onto her and wrestled her to the ground, biting her nose and lips, leaving her covered in bite wounds and blood.

However, eye witness reports at the time who posted in Internet forums and pre war social media platforms had a different account of events. According to Ziungh Chiang, a local man who had been sitting at the window of a cafe across the road, the scenario that played out in front of him was vastly different to what the local media had reported at the time.

Ziungh wrote the following on a heavily moderated chinese social media platform.

"This isnt what happened. Id been watching him for a while. I was zoned out and thinking about other things that had been bothering me, but was watching him too. He had been sat by the roadside for some time mumbling and muttering to himself while drinking beer. He didnt look well. One of his hands were bandaged and the dressings looked wet and red, but there was broken glass around him from other bottles so i assumed he had cut his hand. Eventually he passed out from drinking and lay on the road side. I looked away at that point. I was reading the newspaper about this new mysterious flu bug that is sweeping through China and wanted to enjoy my food. By time i had finished my meal about thirty or forty minutes later, maybe an hour, i looked up to see him staggering back to his feet. He walked directly into the path of oncoming traffic, and was hit by a passing car. The car wasnt going that fast, but it was enough to knock someone out. Probably about 30mph or something. Soon as he hit the ground, the driver of the car, a woman, ran to his aid. She knelt down to check if he was OK, but as soon as she did he was on top of her. It looked like he was trying to kiss her, but when I saw blood I realised he was biting. She tried to fight him off, and he bit her again, taking her nose clean off. Lots of people ran to her aid, trying to wrestle the man off her. He didn't budge. Kept tearing into her and bit her on the lips again. Kicks and punches and pulling him away wouldn't do anything. Eventually he got up and tried to attack the womans helpers. He bit one of them on the arm i think but i couldnt tell in the commotion. It wasn't until someone grabbed the empty beer bottle he had left at the side of the road and smashed it over his head that he finally stopped and dropped to the ground. I could hear sirens in the distance. Someone had called the police. I could hear ambulance sirens in the distance too but never got to see what happened next as I had a train to catch and didnt want to miss my TV programs at home"

Its unknown how Chinese censorship did not see this comment on Ziunghs social media that day. It is unclear by what The Daily Mirror had published at the time, and the behaviour of the media during the lead up to The Great Panic, whether or not The Daily Mirror were lying to deliberately misinform the public to avoid mass panic, or the Chinese government and/or media were covering up the truth and passing on a cover story to what was really going on.

WWZ - Year One - Pre Great Panic
Location - China
View attachment 892468

A pre war internet UK news outlet "The Daily Mirror" reports on a "cannibal" attack that took place in the city of Wenzhou in South Eastern China.

The news article reports that a locally known bus driver was heavily intoxicated with alcohol and had "jumped" onto the windscreen of a passing car, "smashing hands and fists" through the motor vehciles glass before the driver of the car tried to escape, but not before the attacker "lept" onto her and wrestled her to the ground, biting her nose and lips, leaving her covered in bite wounds and blood.

However, eye witness reports at the time who posted in Internet forums and pre war social media platforms had a different account of events. According to Ziungh Chiang, a local man who had been sitting at the window of a cafe across the road, the scenario that played out in front of him was vastly different to what the local media had reported at the time.

Ziungh wrote the following on a heavily moderated chinese social media platform.

"This isnt what happened. Id been watching him for a while. I was zoned out and thinking about other things that had been bothering me, but was watching him too. He had been sat by the roadside for some time mumbling and muttering to himself while drinking beer. He didnt look well. One of his hands were bandaged and the dressings looked wet and red, but there was broken glass around him from other bottles so i assumed he had cut his hand. Eventually he passed out from drinking and lay on the road side. I looked away at that point. I was reading the newspaper about this new mysterious flu bug that is sweeping through China and wanted to enjoy my food. By time i had finished my meal about thirty or forty minutes later, maybe an hour, i looked up to see him staggering back to his feet. He walked directly into the path of oncoming traffic, and was hit by a passing car. The car wasnt going that fast, but it was enough to knock someone out. Probably about 30mph or something. Soon as he hit the ground, the driver of the car, a woman, ran to his aid. She knelt down to check if he was OK, but as soon as she did he was on top of her. It looked like he was trying to kiss her, but when I saw blood I realised he was biting. She tried to fight him off, and he bit her again, taking her nose clean off. Lots of people ran to her aid, trying to wrestle the man off her. He didn't budge. Kept tearing into her and bit her on the lips again. Kicks and punches and pulling him away wouldn't do anything. Eventually he got up and tried to attack the womans helpers. He bit one of them on the arm i think but i couldnt tell in the commotion. It wasn't until someone grabbed the empty beer bottle he had left at the side of the road and smashed it over his head that he finally stopped and dropped to the ground. I could hear sirens in the distance. Someone had called the police. I could hear ambulance sirens in the distance too but never got to see what happened next as I had a train to catch and didnt want to miss my TV programs at home"

Its unknown how Chinese censorship did not see this comment on Ziunghs social media that day. It is unclear by what The Daily Mirror had published at the time, and the behaviour of the media during the lead up to The Great Panic, whether or not The Daily Mirror were lying to deliberately misinform the public to avoid mass panic, or the Chinese government and/or media were covering up the truth and passing on a cover story to what was really going on.
i bet it was too late oh in Florida a man bites a woman but yes they thought that person got high on bath salts.

IMG_8607.jpeg

Early in the Great Panic, many of the infected were buried normally, even if it took truck loads of coffins to do so, but as the casualties piled up it became impossible to keep up.