Photos from Alternate Worlds II

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Petike, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

Fun fact, when I first saw this, I was listening to this:

Pretty damn fitting.

2. Filo Count of Santa Lucia

Regno di Longobardia, Margraviato di Toscana.
    Austrian and German troopers in the streets of Wien; November 1919.
    (Soldati austro-tedeschi per le vie di Vienna, Novembre 1919)
    [​IMG]
    LA TRIPLICE: N.3 (Anno X - 11/1953)
    We don't know exactly what happened in austrian Parliament those days; part of the archives weredestroyed during the Austrian Rat Republic revolution, and we have only the voices of Great German Party and German officials
    So, we don't know if German invasion was an answer to Communist coup or vice-versa.
    However in November, the parliament of the Austrian Republic voted a resolution to merge Austria with Germany.
    The two days later, in Hofburg the communist and social radical parlamentaries, who were refused to enter in parliament building, proclaimed the Austrian Rat Republic (Österreich Rat Republik)

3. Filo Count of Santa Lucia

657px-28._rijen_1918_0.jpg
    Crowd outside goverment buildings in Prague. Some months after the indipendence of Austria from the Double Monarchy, Bohemia followed.
    On the monument members of the Bohemian diet are proclaming the secession from Duoble Monarchy

LA TRIPLICE: N.3 (Anno X - 11/1953) - LA CADUTA DELL'AQUILA BICIPITE(The fall of doubleheaded eagle)

25/02/1919:
    Prague was more discontent than Wien, and Czecks were more suffering than Austrians.
    Secretly in contact with Italians (and perhaps with Germans, also if unproved), the administration of Bohemia-Moravia shaken by the hard war they fought (for they Wien Masters, as they said) was shocked to learn that a republic was proclaimed in Wien and that Hungary refused to mobilize to restored the Hapsburgs(Hungary, anyhow, was happy to have Karl as they apostolic king, but because tensions were rising with Italy, was not happy to divert forces from Adriatic theater). so panicked.
    Tomas Masaryk, retuned in 1917 from his exile from England, promptly took the matter in his hands.
    He delivered a speech (although he was not a member of the diet), he undestood that the only possibility for freedom was the incipient caos and forced the diet to agree with him.
    Leaving the costitutional status of Bohemia for the future, the Diet proclaimed the indipence from Wien and deposed Karl as their king.

CJD, terranova210486, Bennett and 2 others like this.
  4. Puget Sound +Density, +Transit, Strong Cities, Strong Towns

From an ATL where Scotland colonizes Egypt or another Arab country?

[​IMG]

5. Partisantheory Member

Bogdanoff.jpg
    An Illustration Drawed By A Anonymous Artist For Igor And Grichka Bogdanoff,The Real Leaders Of The Milkway Galaxy And World.

6. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

Who... What... Why?

7. ajdb0614 Filipino KKK rebel

Silly 4chan meme about two aging French celebrities notorious for their really bad plastic surgeries.

Deblano and Partisantheory like this.
  8. Filo Count of Santa Lucia

LA TRIPLICE: N.3 (Anno X - 11/1953) - LA CADUTA DELL'AQUILA BICIPITE(The fall of doubleheaded eagle)
    [​IMG]
    People in Troppau main square, around Bohemian official, in fall of 1919.

When Bohemia proclaimed the independence from the double monarchy, the german speaking minority in Sudetenland felt unprotected and feared for its culture and safety.

(This, altrough Masaryk promised to protect the rights of the Germans)

So, in that same year, German delegates to Bohemia Diet met in Troppau.
    Social democrats had a bigger rapresentation, but pangermanic party was close second, along with liberals.
    When Prague asked for obedience, Troppau could not refuse, but neither they wanted accepted the new government.
    The new Bohemia army entered in the city with an armed division, officials dictating conditions in the Main Square, the Sudetenland Parliament took its own decision...to be continued.

Etruscan-enthusiast35 and CJD like this.
  9. Hallowmaster Christian Conservative Agrarian Populist

You should make a timeline thread for this,is interesting.

10. Filo Count of Santa Lucia

I have not a timeline, but you can check the thread in my signature.

11. GeorgeUK Massively Multiplayer Contributor

[​IMG]

For many British Case Closed fans, the show's airing on CBBC from 2002 to 2007, when it was moved to BBC3, is what introduced them to it. This episode aired in mid-August 2002, when the show was still being aired daily on CBBC, a couple of weeks before The Last Wizard of the Century was aired on the August Bank Holiday. The success of Case Closed paved the way for the BBC to enter the anime market, with Lupin III (Red Jacket) (BBC2), Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh and K-On! (all CBBC) making their way to Britain, along with a new dub of Castle of Cagliostro in 2005, which was much more faithful to the original script and utilised the cast of Red Jacket, along with Jason Isaacs as the Count of Cagliostro.

The scene in question won Brina Pallencia a special award at the BAFTA Children's Awards, and, in Britain, is still considered to be the saddest moment in the series.

12. BlackentheBorg This is going to become a bad meme

[​IMG]

Junior Senator Peter Camejo speaks to a crowd of students, 1970. Camejo, a half-Venezuelan progressive, championed workers rights, the anti-war effort, civil rights and environmental protection form the early outset, and was likened to the late JFK in his sense of youthful invigoration. He would later be poached for a position in the McGovern administration, and go on to win the presidency ten years later alongside his VP Harvey Milk.

13. snassni2 Well-Known Member

You mean OTL Jordan?

14. Laqueesha The Right Honourable and Quasi-Learned Laq'

Placentashire, Placentaland, Placenta Kingdom
    The Château Frontenac hotel in Quebec, U.S. on January 7, 2006. It was placed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1981.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM
  15. Michel Van Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The first Afroamerican President Richard M. Nixon (dem.) in Office from 1972 to 1980s

16. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

That reminds me of what I originally thought Black Mirror was about.
    When I heard the title, I thought the show was about a parallel universe where everyone had the opposite race.

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  17. Suvareshkin Well-Known Member

That...is actually something I would like to see.

How would you factor in races other than black and white, though?

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  18. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

I dunno. The show would probably be a commentary on stuff like racism and like, police brutality.

19. Filo Count of Santa Lucia

[​IMG]

Keiser Karl arrives in Budapest, greeted by Hungarian government and officials (1921)

With the collapse of the Austrian part of the double monarchy, Keiser Karl was forced to leave Wien to avoid capture by the revolutionaries.

Fleeing in Budapest he was Welcomed by Rakovszky, Premier of the Kingdom of Hungary.
    Along the Emperor his wife Zita

20. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

michael-hutchence-.jpg
    A poster of the Australian rock band INXS' hit album "Save My Life". Lead singer Michael Hutchence, who was suffering through depression, had attempted suicide on the 22 of November 1997. After being found and resuscitated by a maid at the hotel he was staying in, he was rushed to hospital. The following year, INXS would release "Save My Life", the title song having been written by Hutchence prior to his suicide attempt. The money the album made would be donated to suicide prevention charities.
    It would be the last album released by Hutchence before going to rehab in 1999.