Photos from 1983: Doomsday

800px-Saint_Martin_Fort_Louis_2010.jpg

Fort St. Louis, Marigot (French Collectivity of Saint Martin, RTFA)

I'm glad that I can still visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa after Doomsday. I wonder if any other famous landmarks besides this, Mount Rushmore and the Taj Mahal were able to survive Doomsday.
There is a LoNESCO list of all those surviving landmarks

I'm glad that I can still visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa after Doomsday. I wonder if any other famous landmarks besides this, Mount Rushmore and the Taj Mahal were able to survive Doomsday.
All landmarks in South America survived so there's that to begin with. In my country in the Philippines, majority survived.

Pangur

Donor
Newgrange either was destroyed or never made the cut?

I'm surprised the Soviets spared Manila, Cebu, Davao, Mactan Air Base, Sangley Point, Crow Valley, and Wallace Air Station.
Of course but Burnham planned Baguio and it would take decades since the location was hilly and had temperate temperatures due to the height of the mountain range I think radiation could still hamper or prevent efforts to rebuild the city, but luckily since the mountains surrounded John Hay, the radioactive fallout winds will never go down to the south.

However, with Subic and Clark were destroyed by nukes, the agricultural output might be affected I don't know what the agricultural situation in Central Luzon was at that time in the 1980s, however, with the realization of the huge impacts of the Doomsday, my parent's futures will diverge since my grandparents were working as an OFW when the nuclear war happens like my grandpa whose work was an overseas worker in Saudi Arabia when the PoD happen.

Last edited:
Of course but Burnham planned Baguio and it would take decades since the location was hilly and had temperate temperatures due to the height of the mountain range I think radiation could still hamper or prevent efforts to rebuild the city, but luckily since the mountains surrounded John Hay, the radioactive fallout winds will never go down to the south.

However, with Subic and Clark were destroyed by nukes, the agricultural output might be affected I don't know what the agricultural situation in Central Luzon was at that time in the 1980s, however, with the realization of the huge impacts of the Doomsday, my parent's futures will diverge since my grandparents were working as an OFW when the nuclear war happens like my grandpa whose work was an overseas worker in Saudi Arabia when the PoD happen.
The Central Luzon plain will be contaminated with fall out. I expect millions of Filipinos will die of starvation in the next decade.

The strike on Baguio is easily contained by the hills, but the ones in Clark and Subic would spread to other provinces. Would Manila get drenched in fall out as well?

For my case, my parents were 23 year old medical students in Cebu. Since Doomsday happened on a Monday morning in Manila time, I think news of the strikes would reach Cebu by noon time. They would probably still meet and get married, but my brother and I won't exist in this TL due to the million sperm theory.

For my case, my parents were 23 year old medical students in Cebu. Since Doomsday happened on a Monday morning in Manila time, I think news of the strikes would reach Cebu by noon time. They would probably still meet and get married, but my brother and I won't exist in this TL due to the million sperm theory.
Me, in my own case where my parents are still children in elementary school, and when the news of the nuclear strikes would reach Manila, they would listen and will likely suspend classes but my two grandparents could be stranded before going back home. They would probably still meet and get married, but I still exist but different since I don't know what is the situation in the United States and Europe since they got smoked during the tragic day on the 26th of September and different pop cultures were there will be no K-Pop, Hollywood movies, European-American/Western musical genres of pop, pop-rock, rock, metal, punk, ska, classical, EDM, and others, TV shows like the B99, and others as most of the reliable and accurate sources were either being lost or still missing.

I've still existed in the TL, but would probably grow up without the magic of the Cold War invention, the internet as computers remain expensive, and no easier exposure to Euro-American media/culture/society but I might live in a ten-year-old new home.

Me, in my own case where my parents are still children in elementary school, and when the news of the nuclear strikes would reach Manila, they would listen and will likely suspend classes but my two grandparents could be stranded before going back home. They would probably still meet and get married, but I still exist but different since I don't know what is the situation in the United States and Europe since they got smoked during the tragic day on the 26th of September and different pop cultures were there will be no K-Pop, Hollywood movies, European-American/Western musical genres of pop, pop-rock, rock, metal, punk, ska, classical, EDM, and others, TV shows like the B99, and others as most of the reliable and accurate sources were either being lost or still missing.

I've still existed in the TL, but would probably grow up without the magic of the Cold War invention, the internet as computers remain expensive, and no easier exposure to Euro-American media/culture/society but I might live in a ten-year-old new home.
Some of my relatives that migrated to Detroit in 1982 are dead. They were in the city center when the missiles hit. Other relatives that were waiting for their petition to be approved would be stuck here in the Philippines (IOTL, the remaining ones that were still waiting for their petition moved in 2009 and 2011 respectively).

My alternate self will never know about the U.S., Europe, or Japanese culture. I grew up watching 80s/90s action movies in the early 2000s and those are butterflied away. Same with every pop-culture era I have entered in OTL.

I read the article. Thanks for the info.

Some of my relatives that migrated to Detroit in 1982 are dead. They were in the city center when the missiles hit. Other relatives that were waiting for their petition to be approved would be stuck here in the Philippines (IOTL, the remaining ones that were still waiting for their petition moved in 2009 and 2011 respectively).

My alternate self will never know about the U.S., Europe, or Japanese culture. I grew up watching 80s/90s action movies in the early 2000s and those are butterflied away. Same with every pop-culture era I have entered in OTL.
My mom was only 10 during Doomsday (born in 1973) and was still in elementary school in my hometown of Bellows Falls, Vermont. She'll be fine and probably still alive in the alternate timeline. My maternal grandparents are also from BF so they'll be fine.:)

My dad on the other hand, was 17 (would turn 18 in November, started Kindergarten at age 4) (born in 1965) just started college down in Springfield, Massachusetts. As Springfield got nuked on Doomsday, unless he can get into his car and hop onto Interstate 91 and hightail it back up to Vermont, he probably has very little chance of surviving.:cryingface: My paternal grandparents and my uncle (dad's younger brother) either lived in Bellows Falls or up in Rockingham near the Chester border, so they should be fine in the alternate timeline.

With my dad probably getting killed in the Springfield, Massachusetts nuking, me and my three siblings most likely won't exist in the 1983: Doomsday timeline unless my mom marries another man and my siblings and I have him as my dad and as a result, have a different last name.

I really glad my family is from Vermont. It was the only state not to be directly nuked on Doomsday, though Burlington did get damaged from Plattsburgh, New York's nuking from across Lake Champlain. Maybe living in a small and low populated state is good, given that there is literally nothing important to nuke her in Vermont.

Last edited: