PC/WI: Earlier Sino-Soviet Split

Is a Sino-Soviet split possible directly after WW2 (before 1950)? How would this affect the Korean situation, would this butterfly away the whole war? Or if it still happens, would China get involved alone, without Soviet nuclear support?

How would Stalin react?

Maybe the macho men in either or both of the national parties notices the implications(shall we say) of this poster, and try to overcompensate by launching an early split?
There is actually a disturbingly large library of such pictures. They tell a whole gay love story up to and including adoption.

gaycation-e1513907613995.jpg

rZY0pji.jpg

Well, I don't know if I'd use the word "disturblingly" there. Maybe "curiously", given the stated social views of the Soviets and the Chinese during the 1950s.

Is a Sino-Soviet split possible directly after WW2 (before 1950)? How would this affect the Korean situation, would this butterfly away the whole war? Or if it still happens, would China get involved alone, without Soviet nuclear support?

How would Stalin react?

China wouldn't get involved with the Korean War without Stalin's assent. Historically, Mao sent feelers out to Moscow to get their thoughts on the matter from the beginning. To be honest though, the Korean war wouldn't have happened full-stop without Stalin giving Kim il-Sung the go-ahead.

Is a Sino-Soviet split possible directly after WW2 (before 1950)?

Well, if Chaing won the civil war...

How would Stalin react?

Assuming you mean a split with a communist China, dunno about before 1950, but Khruschev later wrote "I'm convinced that had Stalin lived a little longer, our dispute with China would've come into the open sooner." So maybe by '55.

There were some people in the US who were not fond of Chiang and the Nationalist's corruption during WWII.

Mao also had tensions with Stalin and the USSR.

There are arguments that if the US supported Mao and the Chinese Communists in WWII (some viewed them as more effective allies against the Japanese than the Nationalists), Mao may have emerged as a Tito-like figure, and set up a Communist state that was anti-Stalin and anti-Soviet.

Last edited: