P&S-No Rest for the Wicked

Sorry for the long pause between updates, its exam week. But rest assured, I will continue to work on this. The show must go on

Sorry for the long pause between updates, its exam week. But rest assured, I will continue to work on this. The show must go on

So, how did the exams go? This is a wery good read. I like the style of the story, and I'm so very glad not beeing in Africa in 1984.

I know this is an ancient necro, but I am bringing it back. (probably)

But while im continuing, would any african nations besides South Africa have a ship large enough to visit say Australia, or England. Basically I am trying to figure out how Kenya could reach out to the outside world.

Also, I plan on touching on the horrific situation in Ethiopia and Somalia...

I know this is an ancient necro, but I am bringing it back. (probably)

But while im continuing, would any african nations besides South Africa have a ship large enough to visit say Australia, or England. Basically I am trying to figure out how Kenya could reach out to the outside world.

Also, I plan on touching on the horrific situation in Ethiopia and Somalia...

What about a yacht from some place like Djibouti or the Comorros?

Dijibouti is annhilated, but I like the Yacht idea.

Anyway, first update. Sorry if its a little different/rough. Been ages since i wrote like this.

No Rest for the Wicked
Act II, Scene 1-In which the second phase of an odyssey begins, a man becomes King of the Wastelands, A war begins and the silence calls, and when there is horror, there is hope.
H-Hour +14 to 30 Days

US Embassy, N’Djamena

The President of Chad, such as there had been, was long dead. The City of N’Djamena had bairly begun to recover from the civil war a few years ago when the war had come. The disintegration of the world system had ensured that Central authority in Chad, what little was left, had quickly collapsed. The city, and the neighboring cities and population centers had essentially disintegrated into a brutal warfare of the sort that only occurred when had nothing left to lose.

As far as the survivors of Embassy row could tell, no less then 7 factions battled for what was left of the city, ranging from 4 different legitmet governments of Chad, to advance elements of some radical Islamic group calling itself the Caliphate of Dust. Of the 22 Embassies that had started in the city when H-Hour had occurred, 15 remained.

The German Ambassador had remarked that the situation was remarkably like the siege of the foreign quarter in Peking during the Boxer Rebellion. Except for the fact that there was no hope, probably no rescue, and the fate of those who were captured were liable to be much, much worse.

Of the 15 Embassies, the survivors were concentrated into a perimeter made of ruined walls, courtyards, cars, and debris in 8 of the remaining compounds. The various security detachments rotated themselves along the perimeter. Right now, the Chinese, South Africans and French were holding the perimeter. Most of the detachments had switched to scavenged AK-47s.

Marine Corporal Ellenbacher, the Russian Ambassador, and several others had volunteered on the radio, and had been on the radio each day, every 6 hours, calling out into the darkness for any hope. Zhihong Chen, typist for the Chinese Embassy had been on the radio when she said
“I have a contact, a Mercenary with about 45 fighting men and some vehicles, he says if we can stage an escape, he can support us.”

The Escape from N’djemena had been a harrowing affair. Many of the Embassy personnel had died in the fighting, but now the expanded convoy was along the road heading South towards Kenya. The Mercenary rode in the lead technical, smoking a cigarette. The American Ambassador was riding next to him, curious about the mercenary. The Ambassador asked
“So…do you actually have a name.”
“Does it matter?”
“Not really I guess. But we have to call you something.”
“Whatever makes you happy Ambassador, but we’ll go with you to Mombassa, and that’s whats important.”

Northern Nigeria
Kano

The King of Niger asks the kneeling man if he wishes to beg for mercey, or accept his fate. The Man was once a powerful man, a Colonel In the Nigerian Army. But his Brigade had run screaming or had died. Some had knealt in submission to the King of the Niger, other had been cruxified and blood eagled.

The man begs for mercy, pleading for the King of Niger to spare his life. The King smiles, and then lops the Colonels arms off with the machete. The King laughs as the man screams, bleeding in the dirt. He begs for God.

The King of the Niger tells him
“There is no God, only me”

And leaves the man to die.

Axum
The Monks and the small party of Ethiopian Soldiers who have broken with the government are traveling overland. Ethiopia is burning. While Addis Abba didn’t go up in an Atomic Pyre, continuing conflict with Somalia, with the Eritreans, with the remnants of Sudan, mainly Janjaweed Militias, pressing the Ethiopians on all front, the state was on the very of total collapse. But the small party knew about Kenya, about how the cradle of humanity might be its salvation, at least for East Africa.

So they would go. They couldn’t tell anyone about what they carried. But they would save it. There were churches in Kenya where it could be safely hidden.

Kenya

Nairobi was gone, and so was the President. But President Kibaki had come into his own. Mombasa was safe. Kenya was wounded, perhaps grievously, but most of her armed forces had survived intact. Refugees had been streaming towards the border from the North and the West. The Kenyan Army was largely intact, and had been deployed to the border. Fuel was being strictly rationed, though hoarding food was becoming a problem.

President Kibaki was not his predecessor, he recognized that the war had changed so much. Dialogue had been opened with President Nyserre in Tanzania. His state was intact, though poor and on the edge of the chaos zone in Southern Africa. But they were working together. Kenya would survive.
It must survive.

???
Radio Transmission from Unknown Location
???

God has seen our world, and cast down his judgement. Capitalists and Communists, Whores, Idolators, False Prophets, Pagans. God has seen you, and judged you. The Atomic Bomb was his instrument, casting judgement upon the unworthy.

We shall build a New Caliphate on the dust of the old world. God is Great, God has given forth his judgement, and we shall be his instrument.

Looks like there's going to be a lot conflict between surviving states and extremist groups and warlords (like in Kano).
The South of Nigeria might have split in two.