Sorry for the double post but I was thinking that we should pass a law that de-monopolized corporations and companies from becoming what we know OTL while also making sure they don't influence or at least limit their influence in politics and elections.

Sorry for the double post but I was thinking that we should pass a law that de-monopolized corporations and companies from becoming what we know OTL while also making sure they don't influence or at least limit their influence in politics and elections.
So a form of anti-cartel and anti-monopoly law?

Council of Europe and crisis in India
Churchill_Tha_Hague_1948.jpg

In the Crisis of the Dominican Republic Earthquake, the United Nations send all possible help they could, while in the Turkish Strait Crisis the Turks and therefore an ensured International Neutral Strait was backed, not deescalating the situation overall, but for the moment forcing the Soviet Union to back down for now. On September 2nd the new Indian Interim Government of Jawaharlal Nehru as vice president, begins the official transition from the British Raj to full independence for India and Pakistan. Because of differences between Unionists of both new nation states and immensely rivaling local Pakistani Muslims and Indian Hindus violence erupts in the streets of Bombay and later other places, threatening to escalate in local unrest, civil war, or war between both nations. Bulgaria gets rid of King Simeon II after a referendum, forcing him to leave and declare the Bulgarian People's Republic. On behalf of Winston Churchill, a so called Council of Europe is introduced as an idea to uphold democracy, human rights and the rule of law in Europe among the local nation states. In Australia the federal election of 1946 sees the Labor Government re-elected and George II of Greece returns to Athens as King of a constitutional Monarchy. Meanwhile some, especially from the Eastern Block questioned how the massive influence of companies and conglomerations on governments trough financial and other means could be limited, to lower the influence of non-elected, non-people oriented groups and individuals on politicians and elections, giving worst-chase scenarios from corporate nation states and influences from Nazi Germany to Imperial Japan.

Indian and Pakistan violence
A) Send UN forces to keep up the peace and peaceful solutions for the rivalries.
B) Back the Indians.
C) Back the Pakistanis.
D) Remain Neutral

Council of Europe
A) Support it as a peaceful cooperation aid throughout Europe.
B) Give only diplomatic and verbal support.
C) Let the Europeans figure it out themselves.

Cooperation and Company de-monopolizing:
A) Yes it is needed, prevent global, continental regional and even national monopolizing.
B) Oppose at least regional and even national monopolizing, but let global trade be free.
C) Prevent only national monopolizing, but let cooperation's and companies from different nations cooperate and rival one another freely outside of state borders.
D) Trough a neutral International Trade Organization.

Last edited:
Indian and Pakistan violence
A) Send UN forces to keep up the peace and peaceful solutions for the rivalries.
B) Back the Indians.
C) Back the Pakistanis.
D) Remain Neutral
A
Council of Europe
A) Support it as a peaceful cooperation aid throughout Europe.
B) Give only diplomatic and verbal support.
C) Let the Europeans figure it out themselves.
A
Cooperation and Company de-monopolizing:
A) Yes it is needed, prevent global, continental regional and even national monopolizing.
B) Oppose at least regional and even national monopolizing, but let global trade be free.
C) Prevent only national monopolizing, but let cooperation's and companies from different nations cooperate and rival one another freely outside of state borders.
Yes it is needed, but, no, the UN isn't the best place to establish such a system.

Instead I propose:

Easy as a law, not so easy to enforce overall, just look at Rockefeller...
True especially in America since those corporations will/is using us and the Cold War to get richer along with the oil/gas companies.

Also I'll add my vote now:

A.
A.
D. but without America having complete control cause as I mentioned above...

I was thinking that we should focus on a cooperative space agency between UN members so we can start space explorations before we overpopulate Earth.

I was thinking that we should focus on a cooperative space agency between UN members so we can start space explorations before we overpopulate Earth.
Sure that would be a good opportunity for cooperation among member nations towards a higher, common goal benefitting all of mankind.