OTL Election maps resources thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Thande, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Umbric Man Umbric Manned

That was a good election day - and so is this for the map, so thank you for it and the shoutout. :) I live in House District 41 and Senate District 20, for the record!

Thande likes this.
  2. The British Empire Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a map for AK's House and Senate?

JwEX likes this.
  3. Nanwe Left-Macronista

WIP of the Belgian 2014 federal election. Should be finished in a couple of days. The political difference between Wallonia-Brussels and Flanders is very visible.

[​IMG]

4. Caprice Psephologising since 2011

upload_2018-12-3_22-52-17.png
    A map of the Virginia Senate elections of 1947, done as a test of QGIS. Therefore, there isn't really anything other than the map itself.

5. Utgard96 basically a load of twaddle about freedom

Interesting to see the pre-Reynolds district lines - do you know how the populations of the various districts looked? I can imagine the disparities being somewhat horrific.

Caprice likes this.
  6. Caprice Psephologising since 2011

I'm afraid not, but Virginia was one of the few states to actually keep redistricting after every census, so it could have been far worse.

Utgard96 likes this.
  7. Utgard96 basically a load of twaddle about freedom

This is the motto of the American South, isn't it?

8. Nanwe Left-Macronista

Map of the results of the 2014 Belgian federal election to the Chamber of Representatives. It shows the results at the constituency and communal level. Description of the parties to follow, but I think it's relatively straightforward.

[​IMG]

9. Nanwe Left-Macronista

Wallonia 2014. These are to be the last elections with these constituencies, as in 2017, ECOLO and the PTB challenged the electoral constituencies before the Constitutional Court arguing that they hindered the representativity of the Wallonian Parliament. They won. As a result, the Wallonian Parliament passed a new electoral map merging the constituencies of the Luxembourg province and reworking those of the Hainaut province. However, the new division only passed with the support of PS, MR and cdH. ECOLO and PTB remain opposed to the new map.

Also, the longer the constituency's name, the smaller the number of deputies it elected.

[​IMG]

GBehm, Utgard96, Witch0Winter and 4 others like this.