OTL Election maps resources thread

Thande

Donor
US maps uploaded for 1997 and 1996.

That's 20 years of US electoral history down; just another 200 or so to go...

View attachment 356565

I made a map of the districts of the Confederate House of Representatives from Martis' book on it and the County-BAM.
You know the modern USA has a problem when even a secessionist entity founded to defend the institution of slavery has nicer-looking electoral districts. Though I imagine they're malapportioned to overrepresent rural areas.

I think a key might be helpful at this point. Other than that, great work - I know how hard it can be to find old constituency boundaries, especially in urban areas where they can't just list municipalities.

Fortunately I own a book with highly detailed electoral maps including constituency boundaries, so I don't have much of a problem there, although not each election is mapped in there so for some elections I have to look up the result of each constituency individually online.

Next up is 1901, now with a key. As you can probably tell, this election was a devastating blow to the Liberals and a landslide victory for the right. After the election, the latter formed a government under the leadership of theologian and Anti-Revolutionary statesman Abraham Kuyper. Aside from the parliamentary right, two competitors to their left also won some previously Liberal seats. The Social Democrats saw their parliamentary representation grow to seven men, while the Freethinking Democrats, who had been founded as a merger of the Radicals and some more left-leaning Liberals, gained in popularity as well.

11H5odx.png

Noord-Brabant and Limburg still looking incredibly homogenous.

And so they would stay until well into the 60s. The Catholics would continue to obtain an absolute majority of votes in North Brabant until 1971, and in Limburg until 1972. In the pluralist, proportional, multi-party Netherlands.

val-cl-1973.png

While waiting for the second round of the 2017 presidential election, I made this. As usual, I'll have it up on the DA once I have a writeup done.

They'd look even more so if he used majority shading, I'm sure.

Here you go. Note that this is the result of the first round of the election. Also note that in many districts the winning candidate was opposed only by another Catholic, thus making the total Catholic vote 100%.

AOZUOHi.png

I know for a fact that the Irish general election maps post-1992 have been done here, but have maps for before 1992 been made out of curiosity?

Does anyone have any town data for Maine/other New England states in 1992? I can only find results for Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Oddly enough, New Hampshire's town data for 1992 primaries is available, but apparently not the general.

Thande

Donor
US general maps uploaded for 1992 and 1993.

Thanks to whoever it was who recommended OurCampaigns for looking up special election results, that was very helpful.