OTL Election maps resources thread

It's a bit worrying when the CSA has fewer unopposed elections than the South does nowadays...

The Southern Whigs still had their death throes at the time, aided by the sheer incompetence of the Davis administration (IIRC they managed to win a majority in the House in the 1863 elections). They were killed off for good when the Confederacy fell and the Republicans began to draw the opposition vote, and then Jim Crow happened.

Last edited:
Do you know where I can find a map of UK parliamentary constituencies that is editable in Paint?

upload_2017-6-12_19-50-32.png

The map is of total support for unionist parties (Labour, LibDem, Conservative), vs. total support for nationalist parties (SNP, Green). Sorry if that isn't clear.

Again, the SNP (which was the only nationalist party standing) had 39.9% of the vote. A 50% margin for unionism is physically impossible.

Again, the SNP (which was the only nationalist party standing) had 39.9% of the vote. A 50% margin for unionism is physically impossible.

I must have mistranscribed the results. I'll have to check them again.

EDIT: Stupid, stupid, not checking my Excel cells' equations. I'll post the corrected map later. :oops:

EDIT AGAIN: Right, now it's correct. (I accidentally added the SNP votes to both columns for Too-Many-Hyphens-Shire-North-By-North-West.) Thanks @Utgard96 for pointing out my mistake. :oops:

Unionist vs Nationalist.png

Last edited:
I must have mistranscribed the results. I'll have to check them again.

EDIT: Stupid, stupid, not checking my Excel cells' equations. I'll post the corrected map later. :oops:

EDIT AGAIN: Right, now it's correct. (I accidentally added the SNP votes to both columns for Too-Many-Hyphens-Shire-North-By-North-West.) Thanks @Utgard96 for pointing out my mistake. :oops:

View attachment 327842

This map puts into perspective how the old nationalist strongholds in the North East are slipping away from the party - the way things are going I think by 2030 the SNP will be confined to the Central Belt, Dundee and Aberdeen.