Opinion of a living Audie Murphy to Spielberg's WW2 films and series?

ITTL Audie Leon Murphy, Hollywood actor and the most decorated American soldier of the Second World War does not die of a plane crash in 1971 and instead lives well into the 2010s. In the process Murphy gets to see Steven Spielberg's 1998 film Saving Private Ryan as well as two series produced by Spielberg Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

What then would be Murphy's opinion of these films? Would he appreciate them for their stark depiction of war? Or in the contrary would be put off by he excessive violence, especially in SPR?

Unfortunately you are asking for pure speculation. Unless you knew Audie Murphy well that is all you do.
he could go either way, applaud that alt last the real horror of modern combat is being shown, Or have a totaly negative response due to his own trauma.
It is anyone's guess which way he goes, though I personally favour a middle ground, where he praises the depiction of the horror but cautions people over the glorification of the gore fest that is the opening sequence to SPR.

Why Audie Murphy? There where plenty of WW2 veterans still around when these were made to pass comment on them.

Geon

Donor
@andys Audie Murphy was an A1 Hollywood film star. He wrote, directed, and starred in a critically acclaimed movie of some of his experiences in World War II in the late 50's entitled Hell is for Heroes. (someone correct me if I got the title wrong) He would have brought a unique perspective to the table with regard to Spielberg's filmmaking having been both a decorated veteran, a movie star, and a filmmaker.