Norman Sicily, Henry VI and Andronikos Komnenos

I don't know how true this is, but my impression is that Constance's marriage to Henry VI was also met with huge outrage and disbelief among William's lords and other subjects - yet William still managed to push it through. Going by that assumption, a marriage to one of Andronikos' sons doesn't seem too hard. The result likely wouldn't be a Greek king of Sicily; but Tancred lazing around on his throne with little to no serious threats. The Pope's possible protests could be an obstacle, but they might be prevented by letting him know "it's either this or the Hohenstaufens".

In Byzantium, Andronikos having an (explicit or implicit) marriage alliance with Sicily could have some interesting consequences - the throne might stay in the hands of one of his sons even if he has to go. Byzantium may be in slightly better shape, and help the Crusaders (or rather: help Sicily out in its activities after the fall of Jerusalem, and let the German army pass without serious difficulties).

As an aside from that scenario, a military action in Cyprus may be worth considering - not to prop up the separatist Isaac Komnenos, but to seize the island.

I am still skeptical about a Byzantine marriage for Constance to be honest...

As an aside from that scenario, a military action in Cyprus may be worth considering - not to prop up the separatist Isaac Komnenos, but to seize the island.

Which could be seen by William as a useful stepping stone for crusading (William apparently was deeply affected by Jerusalem's fall and was likely preparing to join the crusade when he died), but it is quite far from Sicily.

With 20/20 hindsight the Normans should use their powerful fleet to seize Crete in 1185 and defeat any Roman attempt at taking it back, but not do anything on the mainland.

With Constance dead and an at best unsympathetic empire I think that William would turn to the Pope to legitimise Tancredi and accept him as heir apparent, Archbishop Walter's pro imperial stance would necessarily lose to Matthew Ajello's pro Tancredi lobbying.

I think Andronikos will eventually still fall, but maybe it could be Alexios Branas to take the purple ITTL? If butterfly have Emperor Frederick's crusade reach its goal the changes in the levant will be very significant, maybe Jerusalem could be caught... Meanwhile a stable Sicily will try to exert influence from Crete to Cyprus and eventually taking it over.
At this point Byzantium would still be at a quite low point, could something similar to the IV crusade happen? And if it doesn't, can Constantinople have a comeback, both in the Balkans and Anatolia? The Mongols are looming over the horizon...

I am still skeptical about a Byzantine marriage for Constance to be honest...

Which could be seen by William as a useful stepping stone for crusading (William apparently was deeply affected by Jerusalem's fall and was likely preparing to join the crusade when he died), but it is quite far from Sicily.

With 20/20 hindsight the Normans should use their powerful fleet to seize Crete in 1185 and defeat any Roman attempt at taking it back, but not do anything on the mainland.

With Constance dead and an at best unsympathetic empire I think that William would turn to the Pope to legitimise Tancredi and accept him as heir apparent, Archbishop Walter's pro imperial stance would necessarily lose to Matthew Ajello's pro Tancredi lobbying.

I think Andronikos will eventually still fall, but maybe it could be Alexios Branas to take the purple ITTL? If butterfly have Emperor Frederick's crusade reach its goal the changes in the levant will be very significant, maybe Jerusalem could be caught... Meanwhile a stable Sicily will try to exert influence from Crete to Cyprus and eventually taking it over.
At this point Byzantium would still be at a quite low point, could something similar to the IV crusade happen? And if it doesn't, can Constantinople have a comeback, both in the Balkans and Anatolia? The Mongols are looming over the horizon...

I want to say Constance if married to Andronikos's sons might have children, if Andronikos is still ousted, Constance's children can still inherit Sicily without a possible personal union..