New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

Don't forget the Saxons (Germans for those who would not know; I know you know this @Blebea Cezar-Iulian ;))!

In 1991 there were just 100 000, representing 1,2 of the population of Transylvania. Also, the Romanianization policies of the Ceaușescu led to Romanians comprising 75% of the population and Hungarians being concentrated in the Harghita, Covasna and Mureș counties, so instead of a peaceful Belgium-like state, I predict an Ireland-like tense political situation.

The longer that the debate continues over the fate of Pomerania and Silesia, the more likely it is to remain under Polish control.

Frey gained power on the promise of making Germany great again and he would not simply abandon the annexation of the Eastern Provinces because it takes too long. Poland also regained their 1938 Eastern Borders, so why expand into hostile Ukrainian and Bielorussian territory, if they won't recolonize it with Poles?

Next time on NDCR:
181544.jpg

I'm guessing this is going to be the counterpart to the 1919 influenza epidemic.

Oh frak, if he hit place like the USA, Europe and Japan people will found the idea of nuclear war the lesser evil, more advanced tech or not, modern first world nation can't cope phisically and logistically with this kind of epidemic, for this reason the standard procedure it's to contain them on the origin zone

I imagine the early to mid 90s ITTL are going to be very, very tumultuous.

Largely because the global economy is not going to be doing very well, for two reasons.

1. The ebola epidemic

Disease itself is not dangerous: the ability for disease to spread like wildfire relies on certain conditions.

A world wrecked by conflict, the interlinking of various soldiers from multiple nations, and the devastation of medical infrastructure could create a breeding ground for disease.

The death of millions of people itself can weaken nations, but if the epidemic is bad enough, it could weaken global trade and travel.

2. The shift to a peacetime economy.

After three years of war, nations built around a war economy will have trouble adapting to peace.

I imagine 1992 being the year of political revolution, at least in America, because Rummy is not likely to be able to resolve it. After being the second FDR, Rummy and the Republicans will lose a ton of popularity, and go from being the party that smashed the Commies, to the party that can't solve the economic crisis. Maybe Progressives, with the Commie threat destroyed, might do extremely well come 1992.