New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

I meant in that sense. Keep in mind that France kept the Soviets in check during the Interbellum by alliances with Poland and Romania.

No need for that, its now Germany and Poland (plus France). There is enough manpower, and the Soviets I'm predicting with this civil war are going to be decimated. No need for another strong state. That would be actually bad. Keep the states weaker; the British strategy. America has not a channel to cross but an ocean.

I understant, but keep in mind that Eastern Europe is not Western Europe, the Romanians and Hungarians are not the French and the Flamands and Transylvania is more than 3 times the size of Belgium.

Only difference really is that WE is more developed and thus has less of an inferiority complex and need to show their prowess through nationalistic banterings. There was a time when the Flemish and Walloons hated each other. People end up accepting each other.

Size does not matter. Rwanda was small and Holy Fuck!

Romanians and Hungarians are not the French and the Flamands

Honestly, none of them being satisfied is better then one being and the other livid. At least for stability. The Monarchy would most likely not be either Romanian or Hungarian, and thus would be a neutral party focused on regional development. Also, nationalistic banterings in eastern Europe will occur; the point is that everyone is so weak that they cannot act on it.

well those peace terms aren't gonna cause a whole lot of trouble... at all and a number of regions aren't just gonna explode when the US and friends turn their back

No need for that, its now Germany and Poland (plus France). There is enough manpower, and the Soviets I'm predicting with this civil war are going to be decimated. No need for another strong state. That would be actually bad. Keep the states weaker; the British strategy. America has not a channel to cross but an ocean.

Problem is now Romania is the soft underbelly of South Eastern Europe and it is easy for Russia to pass it towards the Balkans.

Last edited:
Plus, shouldn't the opiod of the masses have been eliminated under communist rule? ;) (JK JK, I'm religious so I like religion in society and I also know that would not happen.)

Strangely enough, Romania is one of the least affected of the former communist states in terms of religious affiliation, it being the third most religious country in Europe, after Malta and Croatia, and more religious than countries like Italy or Poland.

Historically it does, being one of the main causes of the Romanian-Hungarian conflicts, since the Hungarians never allowed Transylvanian Orthodox Romanians equal rights as Catholic Romanians.
Keep in mind that the Wallons and the Flemish are both Catholic.

I'm just saying that by the late 20th century, nationalistic conflicts born from religious and linguistic tension are the big thing. It's not going to turn into Lebanon.

Post WWIII Map
Alright y'all here it is. The map of the world as defined by the Treaty of Warsaw.
ndcr post ww3.png

I think these territorial changes will cause severe problems in a lot of countries. For example, Amapá's population would dwarf French Guiana, not to mention that they wouldn't accept it.

Last edited: