New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

Never thought I’d say this but save Russia Putin!!!
You know I was thinking about that besides Zhirinovsky the other major post war Russian faction would be in European Russia led by Semischatny Reformists possibly Putin at the helm who is in no doubt being influenced by his time being Semichatnys personal body guard.

Speaking of Bob Kerrey. What is he up to in this timeline?
I can’t remember where, but somewhere in Part I it was mentioned he is going to be Secretary of Defence at some point. Can’t remember when, and I don’t think anything else is said about him.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that India and China have just made a terrible mistake helping that man.
Zhirinovsky is not good to create a stable and reformed Russia. China and India made a mistake.
China and India doubt he'll win, they just want to make sure any post-war version of the USSR is weak.
Speaking of Bob Kerrey. What is he up to in this timeline?
Senator from NE. Won the seat of the late Ed Zorinsky (who stayed in the GOP) in 1988

Is no one concerned that due to how japan will not get all of the territories promised to it due to diplomatic pressure, that people in the Japanese military, political, and economic sphere might become reactionary.

I mean one of the reasons why imperial japan went insane during the 30s and 40s was because japan was limited by the western powers

list:
Washington naval conference
triple intervention
end of the Anglo-japanese alliance
paris peace confrence
and etc. safe

Hell, in the russo japanese war, when japan made peace with russia, the japanese people got angry because they thought that the peace terms were not enough in japans favor. Originally japan wanted all of sakhalin island but due to the us, japan only got half of it so the japanese got a bit distrustful.

Also I read that during the 1930s, the Rikken Seiyūkai party managed to remove the Rikken Minseitō party by saying that the minseito party bowed down to western imperialism. The thing was that the minseito party wanted to adhere to the Washington naval treaty, and the people did not react well to it.

Im just worried that mishimas decision to relent to diplomatic pressure might anger some nationalists in japan. Which means that we might see the resurgence of some secret societies like the cherry blossoms or the black dragon society. :l

Last edited:
Is no one concerned that due to how japan will not get all of the territories promised to it due to diplomatic pressure, that people in the Japanese military, political, and economic sphere might become reactionary.

I mean one of the reasons why imperial japan went insane during the 30s and 40s was because japan was limited by the western powers

list:
Washington naval conference
triple intervention
end of the Anglo-japanese alliance
paris peace confrence
and etc. safe

Hell, in the russo japanese war, when japan made peace with russia, the japanese people got angry because they thought that the peace terms were not enough in japans favor. Originally japan wanted all of sakhalin island but due to the us, japan only got half of it so the japanese got a bit distrustful.

Also I read that during the 1930s, the Rikken Seiyūkai party managed to remove the Rikken Minseitō party by saying that the minseito party bowed down to western imperialism. The thing was that the minseito party wanted to adhere to the Washington naval treaty, and the people did not react well to it.

Im just worried that mishimas decision to relent to diplomatic pressure might anger some nationalists in japan. Which means that we might see the resurgence of some secret societies like the cherry blossoms or the black dragon society. :l

I mean, the last time Japan got too imperialistic, it ended with newly developed weapons of mass destruction being dumped on them in the first and (so far) only time a country has ever been attacked with nuclear weapons.

In the 1960s OTL, when the US gave them the opportunity to rearm (and indeed, insisted upon it) against the Soviet threat via amending Article 9, the Japanese government refused due to the popular outcry.

This sort of popular opposition to a return of the 1930s-40s imperialism combined with much stronger neighbors like China and South Korea (many of whom still remember Japanese atrocities and wield quite formidable militaries)—and of which quite a few are boosted by US military aid—will prevent any particularly aggressive actions.

This is, of course, not mentioning the possibility of nuclear weapons-wielding neighbors. It's going to be a bit hard to try and take over Manchuria when China decides that such an action warrants repeating Hiroshima and Nagasaki twentyfold.

I mean, the last time Japan got too imperialistic, it ended with newly developed weapons of mass destruction being dumped on them in the first and (so far) only time a country has ever been attacked with nuclear weapons.

In the 1960s OTL, when the US gave them the opportunity to rearm (and indeed, insisted upon it) against the Soviet threat via amending Article 9, the Japanese government refused due to the popular outcry.

This sort of popular opposition to a return of the 1930s-40s imperialism combined with much stronger neighbors like China and South Korea (many of whom still remember Japanese atrocities and wield quite formidable militaries)—and of which quite a few are boosted by US military aid—will prevent any particularly aggressive actions.

This is, of course, not mentioning the possibility of nuclear weapons-wielding neighbors. It's going to be a bit hard to try and take over Manchuria when China decides that such an action warrants repeating Hiroshima and Nagasaki twentyfold.
Mishima is a nationalist and the Japanese people are seeking to reclaim their national honor, but there really isn't a threat besides a few cranks to go back to the 1930s. It's pseudo-Freyist in a way, but Mishima idealizes the pre-militarist Japan. Minseito promised a return to that, and as such it kept the strict civilian control of the military. They'd be content with the lands they are wishing to take from the USSR because Mishima and his government sees them as absolutely necessary for Japan's economy and the looming demographic crisis (lack of space and a loss of fecundity). Plus, China has nuclear weapons. Best not piss them off (there are rumors that Japan has a nuclear weapons program going on just to deter China)

Exactly the the impetus for their expansion in WWII. The Americans should be weary of a re-militarized, aggressive Japan. That said, they are virtually the only sole super-power left now.
Well,its implyed that a new Bloc of India,China,Iraq and the African countries are going to take up the place of the late Warsaw pact.so America is not the only big guy on the block.