New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

Kind of looks like that's happening given whats happening in the East. That said lets suppose the victorious allies establish some sort of Tsardom of Muscovy west of the Urals. Whoever they picked gets killed in a week. While I have my issues with the German restoration, though as a dirty Australian monarchist I was all for it, that was done by the German people, not forced on them by a conquering army. On top of this why would the Americas be pro Tsar. Interesting idea, but I think its a bit ASB right after the invasion. Some polls I've seen put support for a Monarchy at around 30ish% in modern Russia. Maybe have the heir to the crown make a name for themselves in post war Russia, someone needs to fill the power vacuum. Can I just say though @The Congressman, could you look into restoring the Georgian monarchy, that's become pretty popular in recent years.
Georgia is a Christian state surrounded by Muslims, which will probably align either to Iraq or Turkey. They'll probably align with the Freyists after the war, so a restored Georgian monarchy would work

So about 3% of the world's total population in 1991 is now dead due to the war.

In addition, this war's casualties have now exceeded the maximum estimates of the Taiping Rebellion by around 80%.

I'd imagine the consequences on the world's society will be monumental, if not fatal for some.

In addition, this war's casualties have now exceeded the maximum estimates of the Taiping Rebellion by around 80%.

I'd imagine the consequences on the world's society will be monumental, if not fatal for some.

The worst demographic consequences are going to be in Africa and Eastern Europe.

The worst demographic consequences are going to be in Africa and Eastern Europe.
And I think the worst is yet to come for South America.
The countries that came out the best are probably India and China, since they weren't affected by the war (except for some Chinese volunteer units). The US and Canada weren't really harmed either except in terms of war dead and some bombings. Japan will have much more territory so it'll avoid much of the overcrowding problems of OTL.
Essentially, a lot of nations got fucked but the war did create somewhat of a clean slate for all to start over. We'll see which ones make it and which don't.

McMaster/Roland
Heroes' Corner

The President of the United States takes pride in presenting the MEDAL OF HONOR posthumously to
CAPTAIN H. R. MCMASTER
UNITED STATES ARMY

hqdefault.jpg

for service as set forth in the following CITATION:
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as commander of Company A, Fourth Tank Battalion, 2nd Armored Division, during the battle for enemy Soviet-held Pripyat, Ukrainian SSR, on April 22, 1991. Cut off from the other units of his company when five of his tanks were sent out on a special mission to hold a crossroads (the other four destroyed by enemy tanks), Captain McMaster found his tank disabled by mines as a KGB battalion numbering in the hundreds descended upon him. Instead of retreating, Captain McMaster led his crew in a resolute defense with his disabled tank, bringing all the tank's weapons to bear on the enemy. As all but one of his fellow crewmen fell KIA, Captain McMaster selflessly and with disregard of his own life ordered his remaining crewman out the lower escape hatch while he courageously exposed himself to enemy guns by hurling hand grenades, in order to cover the evacuation of his man. Seriously wounded during this action and with his supply of grenades exhausted, Captain McMaster fired his sidearm at the advancing KGB forces until grenades tossed inside the crew compartment mortally wounded him. His valiant fighting spirit and supreme loyalty in the face of almost certain death reflect the highest credit upon Captain McMaster and the United States Army.
/S/ DONALD RUMSFELD

The other four men in the tank: First Sgt. Thomas Singh, Cpl. Louis Chambers, and Pfc. Marco Rubio would also be awarded the Medal of Honor for their role in the engagement, all but Pfc Rubio perishing. The true story would be the basis for Pfc Rubio's autobiographical book and 2013 war blockbuster Fury.

HIS MAJESTY proudly bequeaths the VICTORIA CROSS to
COLONEL JOHN P. ROWLAND
PARACHUTE REGIMENT

petecop.jpg

Leading his forces in a redoubt position at Martinci, Serbia, Colonel Roland would find his force surrounded on 10 March 1991 by a vastly superior enemy force. Despite withering fire, Colonel Roland stood resolute in defense and led his men to repel four separate enemy assaults. This courageous action spurred those around him back into the fight; nonetheless, the weight of enemy fire continued. A fifth enemy attack in the early morning of 12 March would threaten to break through the weak northern line.
Without regard for his own life, Roland dashed into the fray and took personal command of 1st Para. Wounded in the abdomen, he appropriated a light machine gun and engaged the enemy while providing encouragement and steel to his men to resist the attacks. Having regained the initiative, Colonel Roland handed over the machine gun and began directing artillery strikes on enemy positions until reinforcements arrived to relieve his command.
Displaying gritty leadership and immense courage well above that expected of a mortal man, Colonel Roland's actions single-handedly maintained the defensive positions and prevented the near destruction of his regiment. For this act of valour, Colonel Roland is highly deserving of significant national recognition.

Colonel Roland's Victoria Cross for this engagement would be his third awarded during WWIII, the first in Italy and the second in the Falklands. Such was unprecedented in world military history and would make him a national hero.