New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

Also, how do you think Americans view Romania ITTL? Look at all the battles. They are the most helpful ally of the Russians. This is not good for their image. So garner an ally that can easily be absorbed into the Freyist matrix.

The care? IIRC the general American impression of the Eastern bloc are these poor oppressed peoples who a struggling under the Jackboot of the Red Arm and whose people yearn for liberation and freedom that the message being sent out to the Western public it's the Russians being blamed the Russians not the Warsaw Pact, not the SSRs Russia also if you want an ally to be absorbed into the Freyist matrix Romania works much better a well known and well liked King a people willing to atone for their past sins and both reasons to dislike the Russians and reasons to like the Germans and the French.

Because a loyal Hungary would be extraordinarily helpful. I really think a lot of people are forgetting the 56 Revolution in Hungary, which in fact began the downfall of Communism in Europe. So in terms of ethnic relations.

Unless you want Hungary to be your local enforcer in the Balkans which the West doesn't give them Transvlyaniva and pissing off its neighbors a giving the region another smoking bomb to deal with is going to be a lousy idea inflaming tensions in the Balkans tends to end up rather poorly.

eements. Do I think it makes sense for Hungary to get its whole territory that it had 600 years ago? No! That map was more for fun (I can't photoshop a perfect map). But if we are fine with Serbia getting parts of present day Croatia, we should be fine with Hungary getting Transylvania.

I'm okay with Serbia getting what it gets because it makes sense ITTL the Serbs need to be placated because their defection would unhinge the entire Soviet line in the Balkans and because the War comes first and the post-war dumpster fire can be dealt with later the Serbs got what they wanted, and the Red Army gets fucked

But Transylvania and Southern Slovakia? That's not messing with borders any more than Greater Serbia. Only difference is Serbia gives military help earlier on as of now. Who knows, Hungary could join in soon for this to work (and doesn't even have to!).

Who knows maybe the Romanians could pull off another defection this time against the Warsaw pact and completely cut off the Red Army in the Balkans warrant handing them Bessarabia, Transnistria, Bukovina, and Southern Dobruja to placate the Romanians? Its a matter of military gain outweighing the political costs at least in the eyes of the Wallies that let Serbia realize its ambitions something that is likely not going to be applicable elsewhere as NATO grind towards the Soviet Border

And once again, why would D.C. care about angering the Romanians and Slovaks anymore than the Bosniaks or Croats?

Why does D.C care about reviving WWII era border disputes? Keep things as it topples all the Soviet puppets hand over said leaders to the new pro-western governments to deal with as they see fit the destruction of the USSR and the fall of the Soviet sphere and the dismemberment of the USSR should serve as more than enough reminder that the United States is now the biggest dog in town.

Why does D.C care about reviving WWII era border disputes?

Oh it’s a lasting dispute allright. Hungarians and Romanians by and large dislike each other to this day. It’s not like France and Germany today.

I made this point 10x. Change the system to signal a new world order. Who cares if some small European country gets upset? F em! (That would be D.C.’s attitude; dismissive).

I'm okay with Serbia getting what it gets because it makes sense ITTL the Serbs need to be placated because their defection would unhinge the entire Soviet line in the Balkans and because the War comes first and the post-war dumpster fire can be dealt with later the Serbs got what they wanted, and the Red Army gets fucked

Oh it helps but the west would win anyhow. I think the author is doing this for future plans, not because he needs NATO to win this way. So necessity isn’t really here.

Oh and for the Romanian territory I also forgot a border at the river Tir something the Romanians wanted but didn't get once they smashed the Hungarians at Budapest

and pissing off its neighbors a giving the region another smoking bomb to deal with is going to be a lousy idea inflaming tensions in the Balkans tends to end up rather poorly.

True, except there aren’t five powers trying to expand power here. Someone’s getting upset! F em, America is in charge. This kind of aggressive stance makes sense after a nation goes to war and is the sole dominate power, especially if in the whole world. 1910’s geopolitics are very different.

Look, what you are suggesting about Romania could happen as well. If you suggested it earlier I would in fact have liked it (like button). I just massively disagree with the absurdity claims I’m getting. That’s what I’m arguing against. But unless I get another statement to respond to I won’t make a further comment on this. But honestly, I’m not happy with this piling on type of response, and no acknowledgent that I made some good points as well.

“Well what’s the incentive?” People say. I listed one. Respond to that directly! You don’t agree with that specifically fine! No problem. But please respond.

“People will get angry”

Yeah and Hungarys pretty pissed right now in OTL. Does the international community care? No! The world told Hungary to back off. Same thing would apply here. US, sole global great power says back off, and issue is done.

Edit: On a happier note this is my 2000th post.

Last edited:
Does cutting up the USSR and the Russian SSR and diving up its territories among its neighbors not count as changing the system?

You can always do more if you please. It’s like being a billionaire fearing if they spent 300 dollars at a store because most people spend 200.

Also, wouldn’t Rumsfeld and his crew want to be grand? If he wants to make a name for himself, he’ll be the dramatic reshaper of Europe. Naturally others will be pissed! Kind of adds some other elements to the TL no? Look, I’m not suggesting a real UN idea, I just wanted to spice up this TL even more! America does not depend on Serbia, and it does not depend on Slovakia or Romania either. Same way if Romania helped and got more land, and was rewarded with eastern Hungary, wouldn’t Hungary get mad? And would the US care at all?

Fine then, I don’t support greater Hungary but greater Romania! Does that change anything?!

I am responding to a point you made. Did not make a new post, just a response one.

I feel this is really not going anywhere. If you want, you can PM me, but I feel like I will derail @The Congressman's TL. That is not fair to him.[/USER]

Last edited:
Sledgehammer: Caucasus
Sledgehammer: Caucasus

With the Pahlavi Dynasty restored in Iran, the vast networks of the Middle Eastern militaries shifted their conscript-swollen armies towards the Soviet Caucasus – though Pakistan and Afghanistan moved their forces to assist the Timurid Empire in capturing the major cities of the Kazak SSR. Mountainous and undeveloped in general, the forces STAVKA rushed in to defend the region had a distinct advantage. However, the forces were both understrength and lacking in heavy weapons (although plenty of small arms and ammunition; an AK-47 could pack a hell of a punch). Allied forces divided into two main commands, one commanded by Israeli General Ehud Barak and the other by Egyptian Defense Minister Hosni Mubarak. Bristling with battle hardened troops and plentiful weapons, on March 1 they surged forward. The goal was Volgograd and they were determined to take it.

upload_2018-6-9_17-11-50.png

Israeli troops fighting on the streets of Tiblisi.
The Soviets fought hard, KGB military police and propaganda about defending their homes from the imperialist invaders invigorating them. But the sheer weight of Allied firepower began to overwhelm them. It was a battle of attrition and eventually the frontline shifted. Yerevan fell first to Iraqi/Egyptian/Jordanian forces, followed by Tiblisi to the Israeli II Corps. Efforts at a counterattack by Soviet forces only resulted in disaster, the Star of David being raised atop Mount Elbrus. It seemed nothing could stop the Allied juggernaut.

Since the previous summer the Caucasus region had been home to a persistent, ongoing insurgency. Muslim and ethnic minority groups fighting against the KGB and Interior troops in the mountains and forests. However, as Sledgehammer began the groups began erupting into open warfare as they moved to seize whole cities from Soviet authorities.​

upload_2018-6-9_17-12-29.png

It was the biggest in the Azeri SSR, which already had a functioning government in Tabriz (Iranian Azerbaijan being given tentative independence following the peace agreement accepted by the new Shah). Heavily outnumbered Red Army forces were surrounded and wiped out in the Baku peninsula. The loss of the major oil refineries hurt greatly, but what was going on in the north was even worse. Chechen, Dagestani, Circassian, and Ingush rebels essentially controlled the region by April. Joined by Israeli and Turkish paratroopers, they forced seven Soviet divisions trapped in the northern Azeri SSR to surrender on April 13.

For much of April and May the war bogged down in the central Caucasus. Setting up the governments of the various rebel nations proved to be quite trying, ethnic hatred threatening to cause vicious civil war between the Muslim hill tribes. Given the destroyed nature of many of the nations, many in the Middle East started to direct their supplies to rebuilding rather than supplying the front. Thus, by the time the advance began to move towards Volgograd once more, the focus of the war had shifted to its cinematic conclusion in fronts far to the north.

Credit to @NotA_Potato for the wikibox

Last edited:
How far are they planning to press into the USSR at this point? Are they completely confidant that they will avoid nuclear annihilation or is there a limit to their advance?