Having reread the NZ update, I'm still not sold on whether Muldoon :)love:) would become a neo-liberal economically. I just can't see a man who was horrified OTL by Rogernomics and his party's adoption of said economic policies. I feel the man was too stubborn in his views for them to chance with a mere meeting with Reagan.
Butterflies are a wonderful thing, though I should have been more clear on certain things. Muldoon's views are more his OTL views combined with deregulation. This is one of the key factors. Full-on monaterism (in the OTL Reaganite sense) has only been adopted by certain elements in the UK Conservative party, the Don Chipp faction in Australia, the American Liberty Conservatives, and Japan's Minseito. The premier conservative economic rage in the late sixties, early-seventies is deregulation.

-New York Times-

Breaking News.
Congressman Roy Cohn has chosen not to end his campaign for the Presidency despite losing the Michigan Primary - largely considered a make or break state for his candidacy, the loss deals a large blow to seeking the Republican nomination according to experts. Finishing third place behind Governor John Volpe of Massachusetts and Senator Pete McCloskey of California, Cohn reportedly remains upbeat about his chances in the remaining primary states.
"We're doing well," Cohn press aide Theodore Bundy told the Times. "We have the New York Primary coming up, and Cohn is well liked in New York. That's a huge block of delegates that'll give us large leverage in the Convention. Remember, Lyndon Johnson lost most of the primaries to Kennedy in 1960 and still took the nomination."
Cohn is reportedly taking a day to rest and recuperate in his Upper East Side penthouse with his wife, Elizabeth Taylor, before hitting the campaign trail once more.

April 11, 1972

Gian

Banned
Well, I must know what changes happened in TTL 1964 and 1972 then (using the OTL 1960 and 1970 maps as a basemap).

genusmap.php

Richard Nixon / Nelson Rockefeller (Republican) - 307 electoral votes
Lyndon B. Johnson / Wayne Morse (Democratic) - 210 electoral votes
Unpledged Electors - 8 electoral votes

genusmap.php

John F. Kennedy / Stuart Symington (Democratic) - 332 electoral votes
Nelson Rockefeller / Thomas Kuchel (Republican) - 152 electoral votes
Orval Faubus / Ross Barnett (Dixiecrat) - 54 electoral votes

genusmap.php

George Wallace / Robert McNamara (Democratic) - 260 electoral votes
Barry Goldwater / George Romney (Republican) - 261 electoral votes
Eugene McCarthy / George McGovern - 17 electoral votes

Deleted member 83898

Yeah, Cohn's career will take a hit if Bundy has the same proclivities as OTL, to put it mildly...

But will Bundy become a serial killer ITTL?

He is still a psychopath, yes, but psychopathy alone doesn't make a serial killer. From what I understand, the two events which triggered his murderous activities were:

1) finding out that his "sister" was actually his mother
2) being rejected by Stephanie Brooks

If you can avoid these two (or just one? IMO it is inevitable that he finds out who his "sister" really is) events while also avoiding other traumatic experiences, perhaps he can be prevented from becoming a serial killer?

However, Bundy was still highly disposed to criminality even before he became a serial killer-- he stole, trespassed, loitered, etc. as a teenager, and as a psychopath had little or no regard for the rights of others.

He will end up in jail one way or another, methinks. The only questions are:

1) from how high will he fall?
2) who will he drag down with him?

I'd like to know where would the dividing line between North and South Cuba would be (using this map)
political-map-of-Cuba.gif
It's the border between Camaguey (9) and Ciego de Avila (8)
But will Bundy become a serial killer ITTL?

He is still a psychopath, yes, but psychopathy alone doesn't make a serial killer. From what I understand, the two events which triggered his murderous activities were:

1) finding out that his "sister" was actually his mother
2) being rejected by Stephanie Brooks

If you can avoid these two (or just one? IMO it is inevitable that he finds out who his "sister" really is) events while also avoiding other traumatic experiences, perhaps he can be prevented from becoming a serial killer?

However, Bundy was still highly disposed to criminality even before he became a serial killer-- he stole, trespassed, loitered, etc. as a teenager, and as a psychopath had little or no regard for the rights of others.

He will end up in jail one way or another, methinks. The only questions are:

1) from how high will he fall?
2) who will he drag down with him?
Not saying a thing :)

The Poarter

Banned
So how's healthcare coming along in the US now? It's something that's very important because it demonstrates the direction the world would go should it embrace neo-liberalism.