True fact about A. James Manchin: he was a Boris Yeltstein style drunk. My uncle found him passed out drunk at their high school's baseball bleachers after a school assembly he addressed.

Governors Map as of 1985:
upload_2017-7-19_17-57-54.png

I hate to mention it, but it's stated that Mike Castle is both a governor and a senator as of 1985.

Last edited:
For fun :D:

Idi Amin reminisces about a moment spent with Donald Trump:

006A9ABC00000258-2888690-image-a-26_1419719675578.jpg

So one time the famous American businessman and personal friend of mine, Donald Trump, paid me a visit in Kampala. We started talking about normal things between friends like women and such but then Donny started talking about how Uganda should have free elections and democracy - what a funny mind he has. I told him a joke and it went like this, "Donny do you know when elections aren't free?" he said he didn't know so I said "Elections aren't free when you have to pay for them."

We both had a good laugh then I said "Listen Donny, democracy might work in your country but here in Uganda we don't want democracy. Uganda has me, because I am the father of this nation. Look how great Uganda has become and it has become great thanks to me. So you can keep your democracy, we Ugandans don't need it. Also, I can't be held responsible if say you decide to go for a swim in a crocodile-infested river."

And after that, Donny decided to talk only about how well Uganda was doing, he called it a beacon of hope and progress that all of Africa should aspire to be.

a_flashback_trump80s_160706a.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Last edited:
Article V

Buckley News/Washington Post/Rove Associates Poll of Registered Voters nationwide:
"Do you favor a constitutional amendment allowing for the direct recall of senators?"

Yes: 64%

No:29%

Don't Know: 7%

December 5-9, 1985, 2,500 RV

The restaurant was one of the premier eateries in the District of Columbia. For George McGovern, he didn't like the dark and secluded feel the low light and spaced out booths gave off, but that's why it was popular with the various Washington power players. Inconspicuous, a place secure from the prying eyes of the media - perfect for the meeting that was about to transpire.

_63530694_mcgovern_1973.jpg

"Do you think that this move will work?" Ron Wyden had the decisiveness of youth - as well as a liberal populist bent close to that of Bill Proxmire, one of McGovern's closest friends - but the magnitude of what they were proposing could create doubt in even the most zealous of minds.

McGovern nodded. "It would be dead on arrival in congress, while the various state legislators would be more amenable to a check on the federal power." Getting this to work would be a sweeping victory for the Progressive Party, but the only way the longtime Senator could make it work would be to gain support from the state level members of the other parties - hence today's meeting.

A balding figure in an inexpensive suit approached the table. "Senators," William Rehnquist said graciously, the Governor taking his seat next to the two members of congress. "Forgive me for my tardiness, but I was waiting on our guest." Given the fact that the Arizonan was the only person at the table with more than a passing familiarity with their fourth guest, he was of vital importance.

"So where is the new hotshot of the GOP?" asked Wyden, an ironic statement given that he was the even younger hotshot of his party. "You said you came in the same vehicle?"

In lieu of answering, Rehnquist merely glanced over his shoulder at the entrance to the restaurant. Knowing yet exasperated snorts left McGovern and Wyden's lips. There was the fourth member of their little meeting, conversing with someone, a buxom blonde on his arm. "Why am I not surprised?" McGovern asked rhetorically. The soon to be newest member of the Republican Governor's Association was a noted womanizer. 'Part of his charm,' he figured to himself.

"If I was twenty years younger and not married," Rehnquist mused quietly, still very much a man. The blonde was gorgeous, a slim red dress showing off her entire figure even if it did reach her ankles.

Kissing her lips, she seemed to head for the bar while he made his way toward them. "Sorry about that," Ted Bundy said, flashing one of his toothy grins. "Had to attend to my companion for this evening."

"Oh to be young," McGovern chuckled, defusing the tension - mostly for himself. Something about the Governor-elect of Washington made him nervous, but when Rehnquist informed him that Bundy could be persuaded to join their effort, any discomfort was outweighed by the help he could provide. They needed Bundy and the support he could provide.

lg_502a31-Ted_Bundy_in_court.jpg

"Bill informed me that there was a particular cause that would pique my interest," Bundy noted, eyeing them all. "I presume that this isn't too well liked among the majority of my party?"

"The congressional leadership of both the Republicans and Democrats, no. The American people, it appears so," Wyden stated, pushing a folder of papers over the table. "We know you're ambitious and are seeking an outsider label. This would help you."

Leafing through the folder, Bundy raised an eyebrow. "An Article V convention has never once been done before. This is... radical to say the least."

"It's the only way an amendment such as this could be submitted for ratification. I hope we can count on your support."

Bundy blinked, smiling. "Tell me more."

And now I see Governor Bundy riding a surge of support from this right into Congress, or the White House. That's disturbing.

But, thinking on it, I have to ask @TheCongressman - has Bundy still been killing people since pinning his previous murders on Bianchi, or has being in the public eye forced him to curtail that?

Serial killers can't stop even if they wanted to. It's a compulsion, they can channel the urge into other things but eventually they will kill again and Bundy will kill again or is still killing.