• The Tai-Pan

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Prince di Corsica

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Jajax

Votes: 19 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Difficult decision, all four maps are good and all the scenarios compelling. I feel like on a purely emotional level I like Prince di Corsica’s scenario better, but aesthetically Jajax’s map is better. Still not sure what to vote.

No yeah, strong showing, and honestly a lot more creative than what I was expecting from this challenge based on premise alone

Difficult decision, all four maps are good and all the scenarios compelling. I feel like on a purely emotional level I like Prince di Corsica’s scenario better, but aesthetically Jajax’s map is better. Still not sure what to vote.
Interesting--I had the reverse reaction. I am (no surprise) more into my own scenario, but I'm super impressed by/envious of Prince's map aesthetically. I kind of want a poster of it for my wall.

Interesting--I had the reverse reaction. I am (no surprise) more into my own scenario, but I'm super impressed by/envious of Prince's map aesthetically. I kind of want a poster of it for my wall.

Thank you both for the compliments, I'm very glad you liked it.

And considering how one of my goals with this map was testing out 1) how to do mountain areas, and 2) how to do roads, I'm very impressed with the way you did those.

(I think it goes unsaid that it's also very impressive you managed to create such an intricate map in two weeks)

I wonder if I'd be better off spending like, months making a really cracker jack map and just waiting for it to fit a theme.

It technically is against the rules to do that
Not that anyone could check tho

Technically it is *not* against the rules, provided the map is not posted anywhere else beforehand (mostly because, as mentioned, it is impossible to check). But of course there is never any guarantee of how long it might take for a theme to come along, which means that the rewards for such a strategy are hard to assess...

They are all strong contenders. I keep to myself what I voted for, but it was difficult to decide for me.