Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

What if Paramount hadn't undercut DuMont by form their own television network and instead either worked with/through DuMont or outright bought DuMont's television network could they have succeeded as a fourth network?

‘Mao Zedong Lives Longer’. For one, my first guess is that Deng’s reforms are either delayed or don’t happen.

Though, I’m not sure that Mao would devolve into quite the monster that Stalin did in Twilight of the Red Tsar.

Driftless

Donor
While just poking around the internet, I came across this item that I have never seen before:

The 1918 Delahaye Tank: In that infant state of tank development, there were a host of proposals for different configurations (i.e. Tsar/Lebendenko tank, the Skeleton tank, etc). This design is certainly one of the more unique ideas for fighting across trench-land

Project-Delahaye-Tank.jpg

XatJzKs.png

Driftless

Donor
I can't think of another good spot for this photo, but its too good not to post:
(from EAA on FB)

Douglas SBD Dauntless
130247429_10159449127168623_3226089582152078960_o.jpg

'FDR Serves In WW1'. As in, circumstances ahead of time mean that he doesn't become Assistant Secretary of the Navy, and is instead either enlists or is drafted into the military. Assuming that conflict analogous to what took place IOTL breaks out, obviously.

Driftless

Donor
'FDR Serves In WW1'. As in, circumstances ahead of time mean that he doesn't become Assistant Secretary of the Navy, and is instead either enlists or is drafted into the military. Assuming that conflict analogous to what took place IOTL breaks out, obviously.
It would certainly affect his timetable for future political activity. If he goes Navy, he probably has a relatively quiet war, but his service would be both a political and operational plus later on. If he goes to the Army or Marines, that could spin out any number of directions.

*edit* That's timeline material

In a world were WWII never happened would the atomic bomb have ever been built and if yes when?
Eventually yes since sooner or later a nuclear reactor would have been built, as nuclear fission had already been discovered before the war.
It's hard to tell when since there are a lot of possible outcomes and it depends on what circumstances WW2 doesn't happen. Also Manhattan Project required a lot of resources and funds, they basically built a small town from scratch to make the bomb.
But if some government (most likely the US as it's the biggest economy) funds Nuclear Reactor development projects, eventually they will fund a project looking to use nuclear power for military purposes.

'Without the Great Depression, How Long Could the GOP's Victory Streak Have Lasted?'. Because even without a big mishap happening on the Republicans' watch, I imagine that voter fatigue will kick in eventually as people tire of one-party rule and vote in someone else for a change. Most likely a Democrat, due to how ingrained in American politics the two-party system is.