Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

How did you get into my brain?
Collab TL? (But honestly, this was a sudden inspiration that I am now obsessing over)
Oh, that would be interesting! You should! For simplicities sake kill off Albany with little Alexander. It would also be necessary for Margaret to not remarry. You could also have a the OTL stillborn daughter of Catherine of Aragon live and marry the Dauphin.
Albany can simply also be gender-flipped I think, and Alexander is probably doomed for death either way...with male!Mary possibly marrying female!James to unite the crowns if a daughter existed then she would marry the Dauphin

Uh, why? Albany was clearly a junior line
Scotland follow semi-Salic succession meaning who all the male lines of the Royal Stewarts came BEFORE any female could inherit. Only if ALL the male lines are extinct then the Crown will go to the closest female or female line relative of the last King

Collab TL? (But honestly, this was a sudden inspiration that I am now obsessing over)

Albany can simply also be gender-flipped I think, and Alexander is probably doomed for death either way...with male!Mary possibly marrying female!James to unite the crowns if a daughter existed then she would marry the Dauphin
John of Albany was born far too early for that as Edward IV still ruled England at his birth

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
Uh, why? Albany was clearly a junior line
Scotland only allowed female succession after all legitimate male lines were dead
Pretty likely, specially the ones related to Scotland (as he was likely much closer to Margaret than their brother was)
intriguing could have fascinating consequences if James IV still dies whilst his heir is a minor
He was well-educated and more bookish than his brother. Maybe he was just forbidden to take part in dangerous sports though. He was tall and handsome like his brother but was described as "amiable and gentle". Imagine Henry VI if he was sane, maybe.
interesting

Oh why so? France is still going to have it’d beef with rome no? In Milan etc. England may still join the anti French alliance etc
Seeing Scotland and England on opposite sides of an European war is not unlikely, but a direct war between them with Henry VII/Arthur and James IV as rulers is extremely unlikely so Scotland would NOT invade England and England would NOT invade Scotland

Alrighty, I have two separate questions:

1) In the event the US Constitution is rejected and ultimately breaks up, how possible is it for Virginia to encourage Tennessee to break off from an elongated North Carolina so Virginia could make a vassal or puppet state out of Tennessee as a means of expanding west and trying to contain North Carolina?

2) I looked into alternate colonizations and someone sent me a journal article which noted that Napoleon proposed to exchange Louisiana (west of the Mississippi River) for Danish Iceland so France could have a greater naval presence in the Atlantic Ocean. What are some possible butterfly effects of a Danish Louisiana in the event that this deal is accepted?

Neapolitan Italian, the series of dialects spoken in southern Italy (there are others but not the focus here) has many differences from standard written Italian. As I understand it these differences range from pronunciation, spelling, general grammar and of course colloquial expressions. And thats about where my knowledge of the subject ends.

Anyways the question was brought up in a game I am helping to moderate what a surviving kingdom of Naples would have called its navy, or even what it did call its navy. I cant find many sources on the subject in English at least which do not refer to the navy which did exist historically as anything other than the Neapolitan navy. And that seems scarcely accurate to history.