MBAMs of OTL - Specific Data (religious, linguistic, etc.) Thread

Yeah, that fix was much needed, but god damnit why did I have to make Ukraine right before it was fixed
I guess we shouldn't touch anything there until the whole area (including Belarus and parts of Russia) are fixed
(oh, btw, I think my first comment on M-BAM was me pointing out how Ukraine doesn't match up, and that was like at least half a year ago)

Yeah, that fix was much needed, but god damnit why did I have to make Ukraine right before it was fixed
I guess we shouldn't touch anything there until the whole area (including Belarus and parts of Russia) are fixed
(oh, btw, I think my first comment on M-BAM was me pointing out how Ukraine doesn't match up, and that was like at least half a year ago)
Yeah, Ukraine had a very strange shape, but they told me it was that way so..

Well, Ukraine looked pretty much the same, until you try and overlay it with a real map of Ukraine in a projecton similar to M-BAM's
The one that stood out (imo) was Belarus, it was too stretched out, which was probably caused by Ukraine's border

Well, Ukraine looked pretty much the same, until you try and overlay it with a real map of Ukraine in a projecton similar to M-BAM's
The one that stood out (imo) was Belarus, it was too stretched out, which was probably caused by Ukraine's border
The old one was... disorted, to say the least...
ukraine_comparison.png

An experimental design for the legend (this is only Indo-European though), with folders showing the classification;
Current map with this incomplete legend;
A version of the legend, but with colored folders.
(kept the legends as attached files so that the post doesn't take up too much space)
Map updated with CNooij's Italy and Greece improvements
EDIT: Finno-Ugric and Turkic languages added to the legend. Decided to remove the two versions of the legend since it's already shown on the map
EDIT: The legend is complete
EDIT: Remade Estonia
upload_2017-6-9_16-42-57.png

Last edited:
The legend looks really great!
I put the minority languages in southern Italy (Albanian, Greek, Croatian & Franco-Provencal) & southern Greece (Albanian and Aromanian) on the map,as suggested by @BryanIII . I didn't mess with your own progress in the northern parts of the countries. I'm sure you did that right.
All of those in Italy are hatched, because most sources I found tell that these minority languages are spoken only by tiny scattered communities. In Greece I just hatched whatever was hatched on the map.

Attachments

• italygreece.PNG
    italygreece.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 474
Another tiny contribution... Low German as well as Luxembourgish (based on this map).
By the way, shouldn't Franco-Provencal be hatched in Switzerland? Or is Standard French that rare in Switzerland?

Attachments

• germanic.PNG
    germanic.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 503
Regarding the language map, is Urdu widely-spoken enough in Slough and Bradford to get hatched language status?

Also, should Wymysiöeryś be added?

Regarding the language map, is Urdu widely-spoken enough in Slough and Bradford to get hatched language status?

On Wikipedia it says only 3% of Bradford's population speaks Urdu, and only 5% of Slough's does... I personally think hatched language status should require at least 20%.

Also, should Wymysiöeryś be added?

That's a good idea. Since it is only spoken only by a few dozens of people in Wilamowice, it would hardly be visible. But I see no problem in adding it. It's clearly a separate language within the High German branch. ;-)

Let's see what @AcipenserSturio thinks, it's his project.

It's not my project, it's a community project :Р
I just happen to be interested in it

I dunno about Wymysiöeryś though, I think it would stand out compared to other languages most of which a sizeable number of native speakers, cover a certain territory and have recognition, but I don't mind if you add it. I guess the same can be said about Tsakonian.
We really need to add the languages of all the arious minorities in Russia though, there's too much missing there (particularly Udmurt, Mari, Erzya and Moksha, not to mention the Caucasus)