MBAMs of OTL - Specific Data (religious, linguistic, etc.) Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by SaveAtlacamani, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Qberty123 Just a guy who likes maps

Some more minor changes in eastern Turkey, added a few of the major Turkish settlements, fixed igdar, sanliurfa province may need a little more work.
    turkeywip.png

theminer220 likes this.
  2. AcipenserSturio (also known as Atlantic Sturgeon)

Oh, btw, guys, why is every single edit has colors a bit off? I'm trying to keep it the exact color used in the legend for the purpose of looking it up, and this happens every damn time (notice the color difference)

Attached Files:

3. Qberty123 Just a guy who likes maps

I think it has something to do with the older versions of microsoft paint, I'm using a 2009 version, it slightly dulls the colors out for no apparent reason, though I suspect that it has a limited amount of specific color hex's and rounds the colors to the nearest one in the system.

4. BryanIII Well-Known Member

regarding Turkey, I came across this
    [​IMG]

Qberty123 likes this.
  5. Qberty123 Just a guy who likes maps

Very interesting map, it seems very on par with other maps and data I've been researching, and I like how it includes the Bulgarian Pomak communities in Thrace, the Circassian diaspora communities, and shows the Laz language as separate from Georgian. I wish I had the artistic skills to mimic the information of that map onto this map, unfortunately I think I've just about hit the point where I'm not going to be able to do much more with Turkey without making a complete mess of the map. It would take a skilled editor with a lot of time on their hands to perfect Turkey.

6. VT45 Cartographer Extraordinaire

The languages of Europe divided into the following categories:
    Blue - centum languages
    Red - satem languages
    Brown - Albanian
    Pale gold - Armenian
    Grey - Non-Indo-European languages
    [​IMG]

7. Lord Hastur of Carcosa Unspeakable

Interesting.