Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Yeah that way we can adopt the Neo-Terror/war on wesker/umbrella plotline for 5 and 6, those being more actionish yet still some elements of the original trilogy. And give a hook to Dino Crisis 3 to allow a 4 happens in the future.

So, Capcom gets to eat their cake and still have it by having pure survival horror Resident Evil and action-y shooter Dino Crisis, plus DMC and if things go well enough, more Clock Tower games. Win/win for Capcom, I'd say.

So, Capcom gets to eat their cake and still have it by having pure survival horror Resident Evil and action-y shooter Dino Crisis, plus DMC and if things go well enough, more Clock Tower games. Win/win for Capcom, I'd say.
Yeah plus with Marvel Licensees Capcom Struck gold even without Monster Hunter franchise(that is up the hair but as was an idea of the Capcom owner son might happen, or could be something very different, the idea come the son but the gameplay was a specific director) so yeah TTL Capcom got boosted with some lucky butterflies

And then wr come to mega man. I had eight be the last game in the classic series to have a reboot made for the next gen handhelds. As for the zero, that's going to be a home console series detailing the elf wars from Ciel's perspective. In this game, zero and colonel died during x5 trying to stop sigma from dropping every space colony on the earth. X barely manages to kill him with the mother elf in x6, but the population of both humans and replies are in the low ten thousands by the end of the game. Now Ciel, zero and iris's daughter must take up the sword and buster of her family to keep the peace of Neo Arcadia and stop the conspiracy against X.

And then wr come to mega man. I had eight be the last game in the classic series to have a reboot made for the next gen handhelds. As for the zero, that's going to be a home console series detailing the elf wars from Ciel's perspective. In this game, zero and colonel died during x5 trying to stop sigma from dropping every space colony on the earth. X barely manages to kill him with the mother elf in x6, but the population of both humans and replies are in the low ten thousands by the end of the game. Now Ciel, zero and iris's daughter must take up the sword and buster of her family to keep the peace of Neo Arcadia and stop the conspiracy against X.
I going to confess something, i fucking hate zero plotlines, not the games, but the plotlines and the cyber elf stuff

Fair enough. I never cared enough for the cyber elf mechanic from a gameplay standpoint, but zx was my low point for mega man.
I liked ZX at least the biometal was a nice idea but that plotline...Megaman X and Zero should have ended with X6 for me.

Regardless if we can get a 11 level game would be very good

I liked ZX at least the biometal was a nice idea but that plotline...Megaman X and Zero should have ended with X6 for me.

Regardless if we can get a 11 level game would be very good
The best part about that last sentence is that the core members of 11's development team: Koji Oda, the director; Maname Matsumae, the composer of the first two classic games; Masahiro Mizukoshi, Zero's main designer; and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the executive producer for all of Capcom's games at the time are already tenured at the company and currently have no product to work on. They can do it in house or with Inti Creates.

The best part about that last sentence is that the core members of 11's development team: Koji Oda, the director; Maname Matsumae, the composer of the first two classic games; Masahiro Mizukoshi, Zero's main designer; and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the executive producer for all of Capcom's games at the time are already tenured at the company and currently have no product to work on. They can do it in house or with Inti Creates.
Better Internally, LIKE 11 was, here 9 could be the big revival for all 3 consoles

#1 Films of the 90s by Year

Just a quick little post to tide you guys over while we MK: D is in development.

• 1990: Ghost
  • 1991: Terminator 2: Judgment Day
  • 1992: Aladdin
  • 1993: Jurassic Park
  • 1994: The Lion King
  • 1995: The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • 1996: Independence Day
  • 1997: The Legend of Zelda III: Link's Awakening
  • 1998: Armageddon
  • 1999: Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Just a quick little post to tide you guys over while we MK: D is in development.

I just placed everything I wrote up on MK3 during my vacation. Act 1 is complete and Act 2 will introduce our plot mcguffin.
This just made me think of something, have any of the films written in this timeline been nominated for an Oscar?

I just placed everything I wrote up on MK3 during my vacation. Act 1 is complete and Act 2 will introduce our plot mcguffin.
This just made me think of something, have any of the films written in this timeline been nominated for an Oscar?
I feel like Clock Tower did, probably giving us some controversy as its soundtrack got disqualified for being a remix of the game's soundtrack.

Is Phantom Menace the same as IOTL, or have the flapping of butterflies caused Jar Jar not to be the key to all of this?

Is Phantom Menace the same as IOTL, or have the flapping of butterflies caused Jar Jar not to be the key to all of this?

Honestly, it's probably the same because while I could tinker with the prequels, I usually like to focus on the stuff directly affected and I get the feeling Phantom Menace would survive ITTL the same.

That is a good controversy, neither zelda or contra were nominated to at least technical ones?
Oh, technical awards for sure. Plus a soundtrack nomination for Loreena McKennit's "Prayer of Hyrule" got a nomination for Original Song in '94, taking the spot from "The Day I Fell in Love" from Beethoven's 2nd, but still losing out to "Streets of Philadelphia"

Oh, technical awards for sure. Plus a soundtrack nomination for Loreena McKennit's "Prayer of Hyrule" got a nomination for Original Song in '94, taking the spot from "The Day I Fell in Love" from Beethoven's 2nd, but still losing out to "Streets of Philadelphia"
Ah nice thanks for the details

Oh damn, i forgot that thread existed. Been a long time.

Its unfortunate, though, as i don't even have any idea for which game should be adapted to a movie...it doesn't help that games nowadays have such rich stories and lore that a big chunk of it would be lost in translation if we adapt to film...maybe netflix-style TV series would work better?

Anyways, trying to find something that would make an interesting film...

Its unfortunate, though, as i don't even have any idea for which game should be adapted to a movie...it doesn't help that games nowadays have such rich stories and lore that a big chunk of it would be lost in translation if we adapt to film...maybe netflix-style TV series would work better?
At this time we Can USE HBO and Showtime(especially the latter too, they loved to adapt a lot of things to compete toe to toe against HBO at the time) And Starz for those 'prestige' tv series, like Monkey Island

Well, one game that could make an interesting film would be Parasite Eve. Don't know any police dramas that is also Supernatural/Sci-fi like that...okay, maybe my memory is faulting, but still, there are some scenes that could be interesting put in film, like the carriage fight and the trek in the infected zoo.

The game's first ending is satisfying, though a bit cliche'd hollywood final showdown on top of a monument and shit (the statue of liberty, in that case). The true ending, though, with the climb of the chrysler building and the whole twist from outta nowhere with Aya's dead sister (though it was teased at the beginning of the game, but whatever), is straight up square enix endgame plot twist bullshit...

Last edited: