Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
So is this China anything like the PRC?
Because if it is the outcome would not be China leaving and the fundamentalists regaining control, it'd be China basically slaughtering them all and not caring about the civilian losses, until the threat was destroyed.
Bit too close to current politics here,

So is this China anything like the PRC?
Because if it is the outcome would not be China leaving and the fundamentalists regaining control, it'd be China basically slaughtering them all and not caring about the civilian losses, until the threat was destroyed.
It says "US China", which I suppose means United States of China, which sounds like a "democratic" China, or a Kuomintang-ruled China.

Lel. I tend to use anime girls/boys more because they're fictional characters. I dont like using modern pics of people cause uh, they're real. Historical ones are fine. Plus am a weeb so go figure :>
Sort of an odd thing to bring up, but there’s a simple GAN-based image generator that lets you put in a picture and pop out an anime character based on it. As with all ”AI” like this, the results often get garbled. But you can still use pictures of historic figures, get the result, and then do that fancy pixelization you do so well to clean up the AI errors.

It says "US China", which I suppose means United States of China, which sounds like a "democratic" China, or a Kuomintang-ruled China.
It says that the Column of Glory attacked the Republican palace in Nanjing, so yeah, China is democratic, plus nobody has noticed the United States of Turan lol

Here's the first "complete" map in a project I'm doing, inspired by @soviet_killer which I'm sure is a bit too obvious, sorry! Need to try and figure out what sort of political parties would arise from this sort of scenario in which the English Civil War creates a parliamentary republic instead of a military dictatorship. Hopefully I can do election maps, party logos, etc., and write up some history for it, but this is a good start in a new style I've not done before
the com. of britain isn't really my concept. I was inspired by Cromwell after all. Also looks neat ngl.

Sort of an odd thing to bring up, but there’s a simple GAN-based image generator that lets you put in a picture and pop out an anime character based on it. As with all ”AI” like this, the results often get garbled. But you can still use pictures of historic figures, get the result, and then do that fancy pixelization you do so well to clean up the AI errors.
my kind sir: i love you.

edit: i just tested it, i swear I can draw better than that thing.

also, just because I can, here's a teaser for a future map of mine, its mostly done but may add other stuff too:

only-thing.gif

We are the Senate

Based on a Stellaris run of mine. The map will show the Order's possessions across the galaxy, and their valiant fight against the despicable enemy known as the "Prethoryn". For those not in the know, the 2 symbols above the thrones are Mars, or Male, the Emperor/God/Whatever, and Venus, Female, the Empress/Goddess/Whatever. In Cave Johnson's words: [We] own the place.

It's a traced Stellaris pic, from the Galactic Empire thingy, but made more pixely. The planet in the sky may be Venera, Terra, or some other planet, can't have the Xenos know the location of Holy Venera now can we. Not like they'd be able to ever reach it, but still, maybe some of them play with gigastructural engineering and just knowing the location is enough to blast it from half a galaxy away.

Last edited:
Off topic, but i tried to use the site with Gigyas from Earthbound (Yeah, that one), and the things asking for my email a bit sus (yes i know that meme's a fossil now don't judge me)

the things asking for my email
Oh, I didn’t know that. Sorry about that; I tend not to use such services myself. Even though I have half a dozen throwaway e-mails at this point. You should be fine with one of those, if you have them.
a bit sus (yes i know that meme's a fossil now don't judge me)
Is… it? Oh dear, you kids and your memes these days; I thought it was still in vogue. New, even. I miss real memes. Longcat. And Slowpoke. Spontaneous generation. Graphemes, not phonemes. When memes demanded nothing of us. They just were, self-evidently.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Sorry about that; I tend not to use such services myself. Even though I have half a dozen throwaway e-mails at this point. You should be fine with one of those, if you have them.

Is… it? Oh dear, you kids and your memes these days; I thought it was still in vogue. New, even. I miss real memes. Longcat. And Slowpoke. Spontaneous generation. Graphemes, not phonemes. When memes demanded nothing of us. They just were, self-evidently.
All things evolve with time. The results aren't always pretty.

So @B_Munro uses Bing.

First Bing user I've come across.

Huh.

Is Bing the secret to all the cool maps?

Not really! It's just that it comes with Microsoft Edge and a while back I moved from google chrome to edge due to having a problem with my system locking up that seemed worse when I was using chrome. It's been resolved, but I'm too lazy to move my new bookmarks back over to google chrome and reset passwords, etc. so I continue using Microsoft Edge out of inertia.

my kind sir: i love you.

edit: i just tested it, i swear I can draw better than that thing.

also, just because I can, here's a teaser for a future map of mine, its mostly done but may add other stuff too:

only-thing.gif

We are the Senate

Based on a Stellaris run of mine. The map will show the Order's possessions across the galaxy, and their valiant fight against the despicable enemy known as the "Prethoryn". For those not in the know, the 2 symbols above the thrones are Mars, or Male, the Emperor/God/Whatever, and Venus, Female, the Empress/Goddess/Whatever. In Cave Johnson's words: [We] own the place.

It's a traced Stellaris pic, from the Galactic Empire thingy, but made more pixely. The planet in the sky may be Venera, Terra, or some other planet, can't have the Xenos know the location of Holy Venera now can we. Not like they'd be able to ever reach it, but still, maybe some of them play with gigastructural engineering and just knowing the location is enough to blast it from half a galaxy away.
You really need to explain how you do it all, with a thread with your tutorials and tips.
You have a real talent.

You really need to explain how you do it all, with a thread with your tutorials and tips.
You have a real talent.
lol thanks. For the news thingy, I just moved the background like 10 pixels, used photoshop's timeline window thingy to make one half of the animation, then just mirrored it and bam. As for the glowing Mars/Venus, they have a glow effect in the base pic, and I just changed the "strength" or sth gradually to give off this effect.

Angevine_Order.png

Venus, Mater Nostre, Custodi Nos

"The Order, the two words that are enough to startle even the most proud of races. From the Ferbanite Lithoids to the Spuxulac Antropoids, all have heard of the Order, and the grim fate of all non-Humans. The prettier races are kept around as slaves for the rich and wealthy, while the uglier, or more rebellious ones perish in the millions in the vast industrial complexes of Terra, Terrabelle or Europa. But, despite all these, they look up to the Order, for an even bigger enemy is on the horizon: the Prethoryns.

Arriving in this galaxy years ago, the Scourge went unnoticed, until the Qvefoz fell, then the Prikkiki-Ti, sending the galactic community into high alert. In vain had the Sidimatians tried to stop the invaders, for their fleets were infected and turned against them. The Screk, a former ancient empire, would soon come to lead the efforts against the Scourge. But despite all this, the Prethoryn kept on advancing, until an Order fleet got caught in the crossfire.

The INS Tyr, a cruiser of the 5th Imperial Fleet, got caught in the battle between the Screk and the Scourge in the Tigira system, hit by the Scourge's organic projectiles. It's destruction led to widespread rage across the Order, and soon after it was officially announced that it will protect the galaxy, being given the Custodianship by the Galactic Community.

A grand council meeting was called on Venera in the last few days, officially declaring the state of hostilities against the extragalactic invaders. Finally, after an almost century-long hibernation, the Order's foundries began coming back to life, countless ships leaving the Sol Shipyards, signaling the beginning of a true total war.

But despite all these, everyone asks themselves one question:

What is the Order?

According to their own records, the Order can trace its roots to the planet known to the wider galaxy as Terra, beginning as a semi-religious order in Aphryka, a vast continent of deserts, jungles, and military conflicts. Out of this arose the Order, fighting for their own state. Eventually, they unified their homeworld and took to the stars, Venera becoming their new seat of power. According to the records, their Empire grew and grew, until the Great Storm. A huge, interplanetary storm engulfed Venera and her moon, Eros, and transported them to their current galaxy. Seemingly the same, their solar neighbourhood seemed to be the same, but free of their touch.

Planet Terra, one of their holy worlds, was apparently the same as it was centuries ago, making it an easy conquest. From there on, it took decades for them to finally re-assert their inter-stellar travel capabilities. It was in the year 320 that they had finally redeveloped FTL drives, and from there onwards they expanded until their current borders.

The Order is led by a Grand Council, where the scientists, the politicians and the army all present their interests and concerns. The council also approves legislation proposed by the Two Divines, Mars and Venus. These deities, while often nameless to their countless slaves and subjects, are widely known by their symbols, which, with time, have come to assert a certain feeling of respect from all races of the galaxy. They, however, do not rule as directly as the other races, their worlds split into 3 categories: the holy worlds, which are also their domains, counting among (us) them Venera and Terra, the Order worlds, where the armies and navies are trained, and where rebellious slaves are sent, and finally, civilian worlds, which produce all the goods sold on the Market, and house most of the population.

I tried my had at a big-ish text. Stellaris always gets me in the mood for big stories and stuff. This is, again, based on a Stellaris run. The ascension perks, parties n stuff are done by me, tracing Stellaris stuff, and modifying it if need be. In-game I have 8 perks, but I added the octopus one cause it looked cool. The parties are also from in-game, albeit renamed a bit. Their popularity is as in-game.

I been chewing on this map for like 5 days, working on and off on it. Plus I feel the Angevines are better suited for sci-fi tbh. This is basically based on an older mep of mine, which you can see here. This map was the inspiration for a lot of the traits of the Angevines you see today (divinity, IS/IA, diagonal lines as emblem) and another drawing I once did of Irene as a jedi (in my defense it was like late at night and I was bored) served as the reason why all my drawings have haloes.

The flag is a stylized light cone, sorta meaning "the Order is the past, present and future." All in all I feel like this map is quite nice pixel art. Altho it do be kinda empty, given I could not find a way to show each system's name without cluttering it up. Anyway, enjoy! :>

Angevine_Order.png

Venus, Mater Nostre, Custodi Nos

"The Order, the two words that are enough to startle even the most proud of races. From the Ferbanite Lithoids to the Spuxulac Antropoids, all have heard of the Order, and the grim fate of all non-Humans. The prettier races are kept around as slaves for the rich and wealthy, while the uglier, or more rebellious ones perish in the millions in the vast industrial complexes of Terra, Terrabelle or Europa. But, despite all these, they look up to the Order, for an even bigger enemy is on the horizon: the Prethoryns.

Arriving in this galaxy years ago, the Scourge went unnoticed, until the Qvefoz fell, then the Prikkiki-Ti, sending the galactic community into high alert. In vain had the Sidimatians tried to stop the invaders, for their fleets were infected and turned against them. The Screk, a former ancient empire, would soon come to lead the efforts against the Scourge. But despite all this, the Prethoryn kept on advancing, until an Order fleet got caught in the crossfire.

The INS Tyr, a cruiser of the 5th Imperial Fleet, got caught in the battle between the Screk and the Scourge in the Tigira system, hit by the Scourge's organic projectiles. It's destruction led to widespread rage across the Order, and soon after it was officially announced that it will protect the galaxy, being given the Custodianship by the Galactic Community.

A grand council meeting was called on Venera in the last few days, officially declaring the state of hostilities against the extragalactic invaders. Finally, after an almost century-long hibernation, the Order's foundries began coming back to life, countless ships leaving the Sol Shipyards, signaling the beginning of a true total war.

But despite all these, everyone asks themselves one question:

What is the Order?

According to their own records, the Order can trace its roots to the planet known to the wider galaxy as Terra, beginning as a semi-religious order in Aphryka, a vast continent of deserts, jungles, and military conflicts. Out of this arose the Order, fighting for their own state. Eventually, they unified their homeworld and took to the stars, Venera becoming their new seat of power. According to the records, their Empire grew and grew, until the Great Storm. A huge, interplanetary storm engulfed Venera and her moon, Eros, and transported them to their current galaxy. Seemingly the same, their solar neighbourhood seemed to be the same, but free of their touch.

Planet Terra, one of their holy worlds, was apparently the same as it was centuries ago, making it an easy conquest. From there on, it took decades for them to finally re-assert their inter-stellar travel capabilities. It was in the year 320 that they had finally redeveloped FTL drives, and from there onwards they expanded until their current borders.

The Order is led by a Grand Council, where the scientists, the politicians and the army all present their interests and concerns. The council also approves legislation proposed by the Two Divines, Mars and Venus. These deities, while often nameless to their countless slaves and subjects, are widely known by their symbols, which, with time, have come to assert a certain feeling of respect from all races of the galaxy. They, however, do not rule as directly as the other races, their worlds split into 3 categories: the holy worlds, which are also their domains, counting among (us) them Venera and Terra, the Order worlds, where the armies and navies are trained, and where rebellious slaves are sent, and finally, civilian worlds, which produce all the goods sold on the Market, and house most of the population.

I tried my had at a big-ish text. Stellaris always gets me in the mood for big stories and stuff. This is, again, based on a Stellaris run. The ascension perks, parties n stuff are done by me, tracing Stellaris stuff, and modifying it if need be. In-game I have 8 perks, but I added the octopus one cause it looked cool. The parties are also from in-game, albeit renamed a bit. Their popularity is as in-game.

I been chewing on this map for like 5 days, working on and off on it. Plus I feel the Angevines are better suited for sci-fi tbh. This is basically based on an older mep of mine, which you can see here. This map was the inspiration for a lot of the traits of the Angevines you see today (divinity, IS/IA, diagonal lines as emblem) and another drawing I once did of Irene as a jedi (in my defense it was like late at night and I was bored) served as the reason why all my drawings have haloes.

The flag is a stylized light cone, sorta meaning "the Order is the past, present and future." All in all I feel like this map is quite nice pixel art. Altho it do be kinda empty, given I could not find a way to show each system's name without cluttering it up. Anyway, enjoy! :>
How do you just never cease to amaze with your maps?? This is just so good

I made a map for my in-progress alternate North America. I might post a thread about it, idk. This is a map of North America in 1790.

NorthAmericaALTHIST.png

I'm not fantastic at making maps on computers, and I also used Photopea. So it's not my best work.

1631241324774.png

based (heavily) on a norway game i had like a year ago, basically what if the non-scandinavian non-usa (aka only nfl, as the others either broke off or are excluded) (and no russia/crimea(ukraine)/riga (this was an odd game trust me) parts of the Collective Republic of *Norway (better name pending), Brittany, and Ming in exile (see above) from around 1900ish (or what id imagine it'd look like) was transported to otl 1914. this is just the base (so i don't get ahead of myself) but i'll probably make a second map for after ttl ww1. any thoughts on this cursed game?

View attachment 679021
based (heavily) on a norway game i had like a year ago, basically what if the non-scandinavian non-usa (aka only nfl, as the others either broke off or are excluded) (and no russia/crimea(ukraine)/riga (this was an odd game trust me) parts of the Collective Republic of *Norway (better name pending), Brittany, and Ming in exile (see above) from around 1900ish (or what id imagine it'd look like) was transported to otl 1914. this is just the base (so i don't get ahead of myself) but i'll probably make a second map for after ttl ww1. any thoughts on this cursed game?
Hoi4, vicky2 or wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.