Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My world, known as "Ahikto"
Ahikto_North.png

Major cities and towns of the United States of America in the present day. This map is part of the Forgotten No More-verse. The coast and lakes are part of a basemap by @timmy_khagann.

dd52gmx-edfe6ed3-375d-4e1a-950f-7336b69629a4.png
Oh my. Havin both Alexandria and Arlington shown? Guessing the Beltway has expanded quite a bit here, or the lack of Texas, Missouri, Mew Orleans, and most of California has changed what qualifies as a large city here. And I can't help but feel that more land would have been gained from Louisiana-Texas here, if only to secure the rivers. Though of course the land of Louisiana never looked the lushest, though it seems the US got stuck with the northern part which they used to label the Great American Desert. And Canada, now that I actually pay attention to the map rather than the wonderful details like Brooklyn remaining independent. Anyways, the Five Civilized Tribes driven into the Texas area?

Oh my. Havin both Alexandria and Arlington shown? Guessing the Beltway has expanded quite a bit here, or the lack of Texas, Missouri, Mew Orleans, and most of California has changed what qualifies as a large city here.

The beltway in TTL has a lot more people than OTL, as does Virginia (and nearly all other parts of TTL US) in part as a result of immigrants not being able to settle in OTL locales like Texas and California. It should be noted, though, that Lousianan Texas does have a considerable population. Virginia was one of the most Federalist states in TTL, leading to considerable industrialization and ties to the federal government in Union City.

And I can't help but feel that more land would have been gained from Louisiana-Texas here, if only to secure the rivers. Though of course the land of Louisiana never looked the lushest, though it seems the US got stuck with the northern part which they used to label the Great American Desert. And Canada, now that I actually pay attention to the map rather than the wonderful details like Brooklyn remaining independent.

Yeah, this America expanded in some odd directions :coldsweat:

Anyways, the Five Civilized Tribes driven into the Texas area?

The Five Civilized Tribes largely stayed put, though their lands did shrink. No great removal occurred in the US in TTL. However, Louisiana moved it's native people to the Native Free States (the nation between Louisiana and California) in the early-mid 19th Century.

Last edited:
If everything had gone as planned, everyone in Eastern Europe would have been driven to extinction, minus the Finns. Not that I disapprove of this map, but implications count.
There were many ways it could have been done, some of which may not have involved genocide. Use your imagination and lighten up a bit.

There were many ways it could have been done, some of which may not have involved genocide. Use your imagination and lighten up a bit.
No, the Nazis' plans pretty firmly involved genociding almost everyone in Eastern Europe. Not a whole lot of wiggle room there in a "if everything had gone as planned" scenario.

No, the Nazis' plans pretty firmly involved genociding almost everyone in Eastern Europe. Not a whole lot of wiggle room there in a "if everything had gone as planned" scenario.
I mean, this is an alternate history forum, use your imagination. Imagine that Finland has allied with let's say... a coalition of central Europe to take down the U.S.S.R, or something. I know that in OTL the Fins collaborated, but maybe in another universe, things are different. Maybe Russia falls to rightist extremists and Germany goes far left, who knows?

I think he may have been saying that there could have been other ways for finland to get this territory outside of a nazi victory scenario, most likely during a much worse russian civil war. Although i agree that the circumstances that would weaken russia enough for it to lose karelia and kola would potentially imply not so nice things in other part of eastern europe, and while karelia was mostly karelian speaking at the time, kola wasn't and even in the less horrible scenarios this greater finland would still have to assimilate (one way or another) some hundred thousand russians in kola.

I think that "if everything had gone as planned" clearly shows that this is from something historical where Finland had a chance to seize this land. It's clearly meant to be a piece of nationalist irredentism regarding WW2, when things did not go as planned. It was the last chance Finland had to seize these lands. The implication is clear.

Last edited:
The map was about the Finnish plans, not the Nazi ones. Besides, Hitler was fine with leaving the Finns alone. He didn't want that frozen hellhole.

Status
Not open for further replies.