Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternate Africa.png

Made a more ethnically-focused Africa, and as you can see, the borders look all crazy.
But that's how ethnic boundaries work.

Blemmyes would be absolutely immiserated. And what's the unique ethnicity of that region?
The Beja people, who number over 1.2 million and have in the recent past been in open rebellion against the Sudanese government, in the form of the Beja Congress.

Abazo

Banned
A simple map that took less than an hour, basically I was reading about the United States Guano Islands Act and discovered they claimed a large amount of islands in the pacific [roughly equivalent to large chunks of Kiribati and Tuvalu].

1024px-United_States_Pacific_change_1860-02-08.png

I decided to just make a map of the region if the US had pushed further on their claims in the region and established a territory there. Originally I planned on naming it the Guano Territory, but I instead settled on Pacifica (or officially the Territory of the Western Pacific Islands).

Interestingly despite being the largest of the US territories in size (if you include water area), this would only be the third most populous, with Guam even having more people.

Vuu

Banned
View attachment 432699
Made a more ethnically-focused Africa, and as you can see, the borders look all crazy.

You went a little too hard on the purity part, there are always compromises. Map of Europe wouldn't be pretty if so, but yet it's full of nation-states anyway. Compromise with logistics and geography in mind

Fashoda.png

For first thing i thank the creator of this map.
Then

This is the world in 1914 after the Fashoda War between Germany and England against Russia and France.
Originated by a secondary clash between France and Great Bretain in Africa in 1898, the war war primarly fought in Europe and saw France and Russia to lose against the might of British and German Empires.
France collapsed and its Colonial Empire is been divided between JapanUsided with England), Germany and Great Bretain.
Germany Expanded in Poland and gave indipendence to Finland and Grand Duchy of Livonia, but was unable to push in Ukraine where Russia concentrated its whole defences.
Ottoman armies, with strong help from Germany werw able to liberate Azerbaijan, while English enter in Russian Turkestan(now a Sultanate very dependent from London)

In the next years Austria continued to support the Porte in anti-Serbian function.
Ottoman empire started to collapse anyway.
Expecially in Balkans, where nationalist parties and factions arose againt the Sultan.
Thanks to Germany(and secondly London) only Grecee is been able to make sustantial gains.
Instead of OTL balkan states we have a number of autonomous Pashaliks liked to Istanbul by a defence alliance.
Only Bosnia-Herzegovina was been occupied by Austria-Hungary to prevent a Serbian annexation.
Italy(neutral in the war) occupied Libia from Ottomans, but Brits and Germans stopped Rome to take more territories.
Italy and Austria are "fighting" a cold war on their borders, mediated by the common German Ally.

After the War Russia is become a Republic, with Romanov family exiled in America, but absolutly not a democracy.
The Cadet Party ruled over the land with a brutality not second to Zar's one.
France insted is still in recovery.
If Germans retired the troops to protect Poland from Russian military build up(and from Polish Nationalistes), Britain still controls the north French coast and Corsica.
Moreover, England and Germany started to complain eachother, and Berlin looking agrilly the Boer Wars, where U.k Crushed the South African States.

If interested, you can comment and/or ask any question.

Some simple gif editor

I'll explain a more in-depth lore when I'm done with the chronology

Apparently it got messed up during the animation, if you want any specific year just tell me, here's the last one, 1948
XEfdeQE.png

It is a very interesting world. Will you post a full outline?

(Such as the deal with South America, ALT America, Greece, and Russia bulldozing Europe only to be beaten and failing.) A pity Greece lost its North African holdings

No Dominions, or self-rule? I think by then, the British and Spanish would go for it to ease ruling so many places around the world.

No Dominions, or self-rule? I think by then, the British and Spanish would go for it to ease ruling so many places around the world.

Not sure about Britain, they may be going for an "Imperial Federation" plan but the Spanish clearly did just that in Americas. What with all the nations having Spanish outlines. That's my guess anyway.

Last edited:

Abazo

Banned
It is a very interesting world. Will you post a full outline?

(Such as the deal with South America, ALT America, Greece, and Russia bulldozing Europe only to be beaten and failing.) A pity Greece lost its North African holdings

I will post a full outline soon when I'm done with the complete chronology, but yeah both empires look for supranational federations, the Imperial Commonwealth and the Spanish just named it the Spanish Empire.

Truly amazing work! Just. Holy heck. Two big questions though!:

1) What states, provinces, regions does Mali/Mandea take up?

2) Who are the primary people of Ethiopia?

You went a little too hard on the purity part, there are always compromises. Map of Europe wouldn't be pretty if so, but yet it's full of nation-states anyway. Compromise with logistics and geography in mind
1. What is purity?
2. It wouldn’t be a very ethnically centered map if I compromised with those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.