Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Beach

Banned
A cover of B_Munro's map of the same name, in which a super flu and nuclear war obliterate the populations of Russia, Europe and America and in particular the Caucasoid races of Earth, though not in their entirety. As such, other ethnic groups and in particular Native Americans come to the fore. It's based therein on a short story by William Tenn. Not my best work, I usually write the notes up and then place them on the map to ensure the space is completely filled up, but I've been exhausted recently -exam season- so I wasn't particularly inspired and so didn't do so well as I usually would. Which is a shame, because any cover of Munro's work should have some energy to it. Ah well, it's pretty I guess.

Eastward Ho New.png

A doodle for a plan I have.
View attachment 325196
The plan is city focused.
I am curious as to how precisely it's city focused as the borders to me suggest regions more than anything. The state borders along the 49th parallel seem to suggest that Canada did, at one point, exist, and the unbroken Mason-Dixon line across the country (bar California) suggests that there was possibly no Civil War and that slavery might possibly still exist.

EDIT: Woops, that's not the Mason-Dixon line. There are more borders adhering to the 40th parallel than OTL though so my curiosity still stands.

I am curious as to how precisely it's city focused as the borders to me suggest regions more than anything. The state borders along the 49th parallel seem to suggest that Canada did, at one point, exist, and the unbroken Mason-Dixon line across the country (bar California) suggests that there was possibly no Civil War and that slavery might possibly still exist.

Actually, the Mason-Dixon Line goes no further than OTL on that map. You presumably mean the Missouri Compromise line.

Continuing my Kaiserreich Map Series started here.

The Duchy of the Baltic was founded in the aftermath of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, and over the years was colonized by Germans. A series of laws later granted equal rights to Balts, but by that point they were
already outnumbered by both Germans and Germanized Balts.

View attachment 325157
Are those baltic duchy borders realistic ones? Cause when I google it I find many differerent ones. Some attach Latgallia east of your borders. Any idea what would be the best borders?

I am curious as to how precisely it's city focused as the borders to me suggest regions more than anything. The state borders along the 49th parallel seem to suggest that Canada did, at one point, exist,

I think that line is actually a bit south of the 49th. And I suppose it is kind of regions based too, but it's more inspired by conversations about how cities and regions of Canada would be doing if we were part of the US (who would be bigger, smaller, richer, poorer, etc).

The Gadsden Purchase border being intact despite state borders in the eastern US being pretty divergent (indicating an early POD) is sort of weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, maybe I could tweak it a little, but the idea of the purchase of that area of land still makes sense, and I didn't want to expand the US too much in the south.

Well, maybe I could tweak it a little, but the idea of the purchase of that area of land still makes sense, and I didn't want to expand the US too much in the south.
Oh, yeah, that's understandable, just the exact same border, given all the possibilities that would allow for an American transcontinental railroad, kind of sticks out.

I'm rather proud of this one.

Interesting. So is this an Empty Earth or have just parts of the various nations been moved to North America? How large a share of their population made the trip? (There's no way all 83 million Germans are going to fit.) Is the original US and North America scattered in bits across the globe or just gone altogether?

Interesting. So is this an Empty Earth or have just parts of the various nations been moved to North America? How large a share of their population made the trip? (There's no way all 83 million Germans are going to fit.) Is the original US and North America scattered in bits across the globe or just gone altogether?

I actually have no idea about the rest of the world, even though that would change a few factors. Probably empty Earth for simplicity's sake.

As for population, my idea was that the number of ISOTed people would more or less equal the population of the territory they're replacing, though I figure Germany at least has a few million people.

Status
Not open for further replies.