Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The War of British Liberation (1941-42)

6dmPBFl.gif

God Save The King!

Much less invading assumingly from France

While it is clearly Kaiserreich, I think this question still has merit. Though I suppose Entente and Germans could have put Weltkrieg behind them and after French Commune was defeated Germans could have allowed the Canadians to use France as a launching point.

While it is clearly Kaiserreich, I think this question still has merit. Though I suppose Entente and Germans could have put Weltkrieg behind them and after French Commune was defeated Germans could have allowed the Canadians to use France as a launching point.

Unless the French Commune has been reconquered by the Entente, which is then being used as a springboard for the Canadians.

I don't really know Kaiserreich, so forgive me if I didn't recognize it as being part of the same world immediately.

I don't really know Kaiserreich, so forgive me if I didn't recognize it as being part of the same world immediately.

Oh I didn't intent to insult or deride you about not knowing Kaiserreich, I didn't intent on sounding snobby or something. I just quoted your post because I wanted to talk about the "invading from France" bit. Apologies if I came off as rude.

The United States of Atlantis on the eve of the war of 1809 from Harry Turtledove's Atlantis Trilogy.

atlantis_1809_by_ynot1989_ddc9jhu-fullview.png
The fact that Georgian is called "Gernika" angers me. What is a "Gernika?" It sounds like something youd catch if you didnt eat enough vitamin a or something.

The map is excellent but Turtledove just needs to stop

The United States of Atlantis on the eve of the war of 1809 from Harry Turtledove's Atlantis Trilogy.

atlantis_1809_by_ynot1989_ddc9jhu-fullview.png
Bought two of those books years back when I was on one of my few trips the the US and wanting things I couldn't find in Europe. Didn't get more than twenty pages or so into them and I can see why they aren't sold here. Almost amazing they don't have the Bahamas here. Don't think they ever give an actual map in the books anyways, and the name changing I did see in the books seemed almost like it was just trying to disguise the actual shape of the place. Why even name one of those places Hanover when it presumable would have been-no, mustn't start putting too much thought into Turtledove geography.

The War of British Liberation (1941-42)

Amazing map and interesting premise!

Just one minor critique, you would not attempt a amphibious landing in Wales on the Gower Peninsula. There is a beach there called Three Cliffs bay for a reason!

Would be easier to go in from a bit further west, around Llanelli or Tenby.

View attachment 475697

Present day of my Butterfly exterminating "UK ruled by descendants of Mehmed the Conqueror" TL. Nations who are members of the Commonwealth are above divided into government types and non-commonwealth nations are kind of random in the legend since I completed everything other than the Commonwealth today. I will probably work on that later. If anyone wonders how the premise happened it is like this: Mehmed the Second aka Mehmed the Conqueror was the Ottoman Sultan who conquered Constantinople. After his death two of his sons (Cem and Bayezid) fought for the throne. Bayezid won as OTL and Cem escaped to first Rhodes, then Egypt and then Italy. He had two sons Oghuzhan and Murad (killed by Ottoman Sultans both, in 1482 and 1522 respectively.). ITTL Oghuzhan was killed like OTL but Murad survived and invaded Ottoman Europe while Selim the Grim was conquering Egypt with an army of mostly Italian mercenaries. After his defeat he escaped back to Italy and converted to Catholicism and married a Italian noblewoman. His son Gabriel created and led a Mercenary company (Free Company of the Grand Turk), he married a German woman and was hired by the Queen Mary of England to keep Protestants under control. His son Otto (Osman) was instead supportive of Elizabeth and became a protestant. He ended up marrying Queen Elizabeth of England. He also was interested in keeping his claim to the Ottoman throne serious unlike his father and actually learnt Greek, Turkish, Arabic and Iranian. It was in his and his son King Alexander (Iskender) reign that an interest in Middle Eastern culture blew up in England. Leading to such things as the King Alexander Bible (TTLs King James Bible translated from not only a Latin Catholic Bible but also an Orhodox Bible in Greek), a translation of the Quran and Shakespeare's "Fall of Constantinople" (a tragedy depicting both Emperor Constantine XI and Mehmed II as good people, who respected each other) and "Mehmed I" (another tragedy written under King Alexander's orders after watching other tragedies about the War of the Roses, depicting the Ottoman Interregnum). King Alexander also wrote poetry in English and in Iranian. I have some more things regarding British history but don't have much about world history. Will probably work on this later again. Am willing to answer any questions, though I might not have much answers for some things. I need to collect my thoughts to write these stuff more clearly and fully. Also planning to make a map of colonial Africa ITTL.

Osmanlı UK (new).png

Thinking about the alliance systems ITTL. Hopefully makes sense, will probably work on this again if it doesn't. Also just realized I need a Panama/Nicaragua Canal. Maybe rename Stockholm Pact to Kiev Pact or Vilnius Pact. Also the name Pakistan doesn't work, should rethink that. Also about the name of Hungary (in the first map's legend). I called it the "Lands of St Stephen" there to fit it, the actual full name is "the Holy Apostolic Republic of the Lands of the Crown of Saint Stephen".

Status
Not open for further replies.