Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Empire Divided, A World Where Constantine Never Unites Rome.

Added Labels to My map! Basic jist is Maximian flees to Africa not Gaul, and the whole history is fucked up because if it. This is the map in the year 325AD.

How's It look?

An Empire Divided.png

The Great Flood of 1988 wiped out most of humanity. Everything below ~6565 feet was destroyed in the waters. However, humanity did survive and now populate what is left of the surface, though it is not a pretty place. (Note: this probably still needs work as I literally wrote it in one day. Also, first time doing one of these type of maps! Yay!)

e7fPQTb.png

The Great Flood of 1988 wiped out most of humanity. Everything below ~6565 feet was destroyed in the waters. However, humanity did survive and now populate what is left of the surface, though it is not a pretty place. (Note: this probably still needs work as I literally wrote it in one day. Also, first time doing one of these type of maps! Yay!)
(snip)

What the hell added that much water to Earth?

Here's the final(ish?) version of the WIP I posted earlier; as I said, no PoD in particular, just what I imagine is Rule of Cool. It's my first ever Inkscape map, and there's definitely a lot I'm not particularly happy with, like the clutter and clumsiness and how the more I stare at that ocean the more that awful shade of blue sears my eyes... but hey, first time, excuse for everything, right?!

Anyway, here's the map:

ahnafinalish_by_keperry012-d9p938e.png

Here's the final(ish?) version of the WIP I posted earlier; as I said, no PoD in particular, just what I imagine is Rule of Cool. It's my first ever Inkscape map, and there's definitely a lot I'm not particularly happy with, like the clutter and clumsiness and how the more I stare at that ocean the more that awful shade of blue sears my eyes... but hey, first time, excuse for everything, right?!

Anyway, here's the map:
Looks great!

Reminds me of Upvoteanthology and mine's map a few pages back, especially with that Dominion of Columbia and Mexican Empire's shape.

Rule of Cool is great! :D

Anyway, here's the map:

Very nice! Is Florida a Spanish/Indian state?

Minor quibble: the color fill doesn't seem complete around the edges of the states. This was a PNG map, right?

Thank you for the feedback! In regards to the amphibious invasion detail, I changed that to something I felt was more plausible (even if by just a smidge); and in regards to the textures, I got rid of the water texture and made the overlay more transparent, hopefully making the map less overwhelming:

MotF_130_9.svg
That is a very interesting and elaborate map. I like the shape of Austria. But how comes that southern Transylvania belongs to Romania?

Anyway, here's the map:

Why is it called the Acadian Federation if it doesn't control Acadia?:confused:

Thanks for the pointers - I've redone it again with those changes.

I also added in some alternatives for the Saskatchewan/Columbia boundary as following the continental divide produces a very odd shaped border.

Nicely done.

Do you plan to update the map in the Wikipedia article as well?

Anyway, here's the map:

ahnafinalish_by_keperry012-d9p938e.png

Kevin Costner fights fascists?

Status
Not open for further replies.