Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorozhand

Banned
Ok why would a nation that has no army like Panama join us and very poor nations of Bangladesh and Papua New Guinea?

Also Indonesia, India and Pakistan as well as Vietnam should be in that us we are going for not just an anti-China alliance as well.

Also as far as I know those Latin American countries have zero interest in pissing off China or even joining the US in something like this.

Depends on how much control the US has over Panama. If the US has a great deal of control and Panama is basically a US puppet, then they are for sure going to join such an organization if the US is involved, as the Canal is a huge point of interest in Pacific trade and relations as well as conflict and military importance.

If, on the other extreme, Panama is very much its own sovereign nation and the canal is under full Panamanian control, then Panama will also almost certainly join such an organization to gain valuable allies to leverage against anyone looking to wrest control of the canal, to protect shipping lanes in the Pacific, and to establish trading relations with Pacific nations.

Crossposting this from my DeviantArt account. (I actually made this map over the summer, but only got around to posting it just now)
Was about to use my extreme nitpickiness to comment on Sanafir Island, which I saw on some maps to be Saudi. Looking into it though, it seems the Saudis only claim it and the Egyptians were the only ones to actually control it. Meaning your map is perfect. I do wonder about how Mussolini got a mandate over Lebanon though. A bit of mystery is always great though. However thinking over the number of people of Jewish descent killed, it looks like most of those from Poland not shipped to Siberia by Stalin have probably all been killed. Depressing. As are all things with the Holocaust of course, as well as thinking of who took the place of the other three or four million dead Jews.

Gian

Banned
Was about to use my extreme nitpickiness to comment on Sanafir Island, which I saw on some maps to be Saudi. Looking into it though, it seems the Saudis only claim it and the Egyptians were the only ones to actually control it. Meaning your map is perfect. I do wonder about how Mussolini got a mandate over Lebanon though. A bit of mystery is always great though. However thinking over the number of people of Jewish descent killed, it looks like most of those from Poland not shipped to Siberia by Stalin have probably all been killed. Depressing. As are all things with the Holocaust of course, as well as thinking of who took the place of the other three or four million dead Jews.

Those 3-4 million Jews that wind up dead in our world managed to flee in time in this one, with most of them fleeing to Palestine (one of the main reasons why Palestine would have Jewish majority by 1945)

Those 3-4 million Jews that wind up dead in our world managed to flee in time in this one, with most of them fleeing to Palestine (one of the main reasons why Palestine would have Jewish majority by 1945)
Yes, but I was meaning the other people that would have died in their steed. After all, half those killed in the Holocaust were non-Jewish. And I do wonder about the many in Germany and western Europe who didn't consider themselves Jewish or were extremely patriotic Germans.

Gian

Banned
Yes, but I was meaning the other people that would have died in their steed. After all, half those killed in the Holocaust were non-Jewish. And I do wonder about the many in Germany and western Europe who didn't consider themselves Jewish or were extremely patriotic Germans.

I'm guessing that more of the Romas would be killed, as well as Germans who supported the Resistance against the French and their myriad of puppet states established during the occupation of Germany (the Nasis wanted to reverse German unification anyway, so they established these states while annexing the Rhineland and putting the former Brandenburg-Prussia under military occupation)

Well, here is a work of progress I am working on. In the vein of similar maps I've done occasionally, I'm gonna try to Munroify it up. This time, I'm aiming to add some insets along with annotations. Its meant to depict a (light) cold war situation in the 1970s.

I'm probably going to have to fiddle with the colours, since I'm not satisfied with the colour scheme of the Quintuple Alliance which is supposed to be depicted in the map. The European union outline also needs expanding, and I'm not satisfied with its colour either.

That and maybe some setting details on the scenario will be added when its all finished.

The POD is in the 14th century, centered on Hungary.

possible sandt outcome.png

Crossposting this from my DeviantArt account. (I actually made this map over the summer, but only got around to posting it just now)

Impressive work, although I don't like the Middle East of this world one bit. That's a comment, not a criticism.

teg

Dorozhand

Banned
Seems like you messed a bit of Traditional Chinese with Simplified. 兰should be 蘭; 万should be萬; 硕should be碩. Also I can't think of a better name for Kalmyk, but actually in Chinese we seldom just combine two names together to make a new name. Good scenario BTW, yet did South Ming became Catholicised?

Ah, thanks. Changed it, and also remembered Ava didn't exist anymore at this time and changed it to Taungoo. ITTL, Lan Na successfully revolted against Burmese rule and an alternate ambitious king wrested Siam and established a fairly large kingdom centred on Chiang Mai.

Southern Ming has not been catholicized, though Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, English, and German missionaries have flooded into the country at various times and have converted a significant number of coastal and Yangtze population to Catholicism, Anglicanism, and Lutheranism. There is also a significant Calvinist population in Zhejiang.

Great Shun has also had its share of missionaries, from Catholics to protestants and even Russian Orthodox. Muslim Hui have also attained some influence in government and magistracy and Mùjīng is a melting pot of various ethnicities and religions. Though Buddhism is maintained as the state religion by the current Qīnshèng Emperor of Shun, the emperor inherited his grandfather's unorthodox wisdom and has proven friendly towards new ideas and thought.

Well, here is a work of progress I am working on. In the vein of similar maps I've done occasionally, I'm gonna try to Munroify it up. This time, I'm aiming to add some insets along with annotations. Its meant to depict a (light) cold war situation in the 1970s.
*Louisiana must have had a fun time establishing logistical support for Alaska.

I'm probably going to have to fiddle with the colours, since I'm not satisfied with the colour scheme of the Quintuple Alliance which is supposed to be depicted in the map. The European union outline also needs expanding, and I'm not satisfied with its colour either.

That and maybe some setting details on the scenario will be added when its all finished.

The POD is in the 14th century, centered on Hungary.

Looks interesting. I shall look forward to the completed version.

(Battle of Nicopolis goes the other way?)

Soon to be entry into Map of The Fortnight 126.

zqcfeys.png

Six years after the end/fall/apocalypse/rapture/day-that-everyone-over-the-age-of-18-died, some now 21 year old monarch controls the most powerful state in California. With the coastline mostly secured he begins to focus on the now depopulated yet still fertile lands to the east in the Great Valley, and, should he retake Sacramento, he could rightfully be leader of all California.

answer time

Srinivasid state? did the indians get that far west? damn son.

Actually the ruling group of these lands are an expy of OTL's Roma (G*psy) and population and Ottoman empire who developed a evangelist form of Shakist Hinduism and became the conquerors of the region. capital is Samraatagarha/Constantinopolis.

Click for full size.

A sequel long in coming to one of my first maps.

This map, like the last, takes place in the universe of my timeline, Where Hearts Were Entertaining June. The basics of the timeline is that the English Armada in 1589 is significantly more successful, though still fails to free Portugal from union with Spain. Instead, England is able to get its hands on the colony of Brazil, changing history forever. From there, history takes a far different turn, including Sweden entering a union with Brandenburg, France taking a more aggressive route in its European expansion, and North America is a motley patchwork of colonies rather than dominated by the English.

Since the last map, in 1735, significant events have changed the face of Europe. The Brazilian War of Independence from 1765 to 1771 wrecked the British Empire, sending it into a state of near-civil war as the new United Kingdom Brazil split the power and allegiances of the House of Stuart. What may have sparked a Second English Civil War, however, turned out to be something else entirely: a republican revolution. Though led primarily by the aristocrats and power dealers of Parliament, the British Revolution was a short but meaningful one, sending the King of Great Britain into exile in Brazil and setting off a series of revolutionary wars in Europe. As the Commonwealth of Great Britain settled into relative peace, the underclasses of Europe fought the powers-that-be for control of the destinies of some of the most powerful countries on Earth.

Many of the revolutions, underfunded and poorly-led, were failures, but those that weren't shook the very foundations of Europe. In Spain, the aging House of Habsburg, inept at handling the colonies and affairs at home, were overthrown in by citizen-soldiers who quickly battered back a French attempt at taking Catalonia and fought a war with monarchists in the greater Spanish Empire. Like the British, the Spanish would soon divide their colonies into "sister commonwealths' to give them some degree of self-rule while staying close to the Mother Country. Meanwhile in Italy, while the Kingdom of Sardinia locked down on its revolutionaries, popular revolution in Tuscany was so successful it provoked a response from the Papal States. However, with underhanded support from Venice, Tuscan revolutionary soldiers ripped apart the under-equipped and poorly-trained Papal soldiers and drove all the way to Rome itself before the Pope was forced to recognize the validity of the Commonwealth of Tuscany.

Poland, however, would prove to be the biggest boon to revolutionary ideology, as a succession crisis gone wrong resulted in a civil war between the aristocracy that was ended by popular revolution. This popular revolution was not, however, popular outside Poland's borders, and for the better part of a decade the Commonwealth of Poland found itself warring with Russia, Sweden, and Austria. However, the monarchist powers were poorly-organized and divided by greed and pettiness, while Poland stood as the most united it had ever been. One by one, the enemies around Poland were defeated and the Polish borders expanded anew. The war also provided an excuse to begin large-scale industrialization within the Polish lands, and by 1800 Poland is rapidly on its way to becoming the dominant power in Eastern Europe.

However, while the guns may have fallen silent by 1800, all is not at peace. The monarchist powers of Europe lick their wounds and are figuring out how to make their nations work in the new world that the revolutions brought. While the fights in Spain and Poland may be over, the fight for Germany and Italy is just beginning. Long divided into small powers, the two incredibly valuable areas are too rich to remain divided for long; the only question will be who can unite them in the new century of empire, revolution, and industry.

Dorozhand

Banned
Actually the ruling group of these lands are an expy of OTL's Roma (G*psy) and population and Ottoman empire who developed a evangelist form of Shakist Hinduism and became the conquerors of the region. capital is Samraatagarha/Constantinopolis.

That's cool as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.