Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian Allies. Serbia eventually annexed the Serb-speaking parts of Bosnia with Russian help, though it is still tense in the area. No ethnic cleansing, though,
Putting aside the unbelievable proposition that Croatia would just idly sit and watch as Serbia invaded Bosnia and Herzegovina, if the Serbs had Russian help, I find it extremely hard to believe they wouldn't annex the Serb-majority parts in Western Bosnia which are part of the Federation. Although it's hard to see on the map I guess they had to annex the Brčko District, which splits Republika Srpska in half. Also, ethnic cleansing or no, you better believe there would be a mass exodus of non-Serbs from these areas in fear of a repeat of '92.

Also the idea that Russia would ever invade Finland again after the Winter War... yeah, no.

Overall, a pretty good map, entertaining though not particularly plausible, IMHO. I can easily imagine it as a setting for a Clancy-esque futuristic techno-thriller. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, as I said it's a pretty good map.

Just, a future-Russian-wank. Trivial Eurasian Federation.
Ordinary horrible luck. The chaos in the Middle East. Second Karabakh war and subsequent humiliation of Azerbaijan. Self-isolation of the United States. The blast of Chinese economy and ensuing civil war...

Yeah, I don't see how Russia managed to survive since it appears to have attacked and annexed parts of two NATO Members.

three, pretty sure it has parts of Romania. and it also attacked China.

No, it's not part of Romania, it Gagauzia. And Romania here - part of the pro-Eurasian Danube Treaty.
NATO also gone. Much of Europe united in an alliance with the dominance of Germany and France. And as Poland turned into a him combat hamster. Collapsed Spain and Italy exist by themselves. Scandinavia and Scotland, (having achieved independence) formed small economic union on the patterns of the old EU.

Alright, lost of feedback. :)
Libya might work out okay, but Tanganyika is probably more doable than Zanzibar, Tunisia, or Somalia, though.

Also, poor Venezia and Belgium. :(
noted
That's a lotta Austria. :) When's the POD?
The partitions of Poland, where Austria ends up with a lot more land and power, currently around 1820, after thwarting Napoleon.
So schön. [filler]
thanks?
and a city in India like Goa and a sphere of influence in China
whoa, one thing at a time. :D
Actually I quite think that a transcontinental Atlantic-Pacific railway would be in order, given Alsace-Lorraine has been secured.
i was thinking about doing a rail map, but again, one thing at a time
You might want to remove the border between Dalmataia and Croatia-Slavonia or to add a border between Croatia and Slavonia. I also see two very small entities as the bottom of Dalmatia. And why are Silesia and Austria Silesia seperated?
the Silesia thing is a mistake, and I'll consider the border changes
Libya (maybe even only Tripolitania + Fezzan or Cyrenaica?), Socotra (if the POD is before 1876/it's acquired before then, it would work), Tanganyika (maybe also including Zanzibar), Sabah, East Timor (Portugal didn't really want it anymore and e.g. the Germans considered buying it from them) and the Nicobar Islands (which Austria tried to colonize IOTL) would probably work quite well. Also, of course, concessions in China. Another place possible would maybe be Indochina...
Socotra doesn't seem all that valuable. Any particular reason?
Nicobar Islands yes, then subsequent war with Denmark?
hmm. Hapsburg Thailand maybe? It might go well with the Nicobar Islands
Might also consider some Pacific Islands, one or two in the Arctic, and perhaps certain rights around Lebanon. Perhaps Holstein as well? The Papal States or Vatican City might also deserve the Austrian color, since it would probably be guarded by them and the Swiss.
Sounds good.
I agree with that Iserlohn, perhaps Austrian control of Shandong instead of Germany would work as well. :D
Considered, but don't expect me to get to that quite yet.

I also have major ownage of the Ottomans planned. Stay tuned.

Hapsburg

Banned
US Presidential election, 2036. Incumbent Charles Edward Compton wins re-election for a third term, having completed his predecessor's term (2026-2028), won election in 2028 and 2032. He would go on to win re-election in 2040 and 2044, by decreasing margins as his chief rival within the Democratic Party sabotages him in the South. The victory in 2036 is the highest majority yet for Compton, aided greatly by the long fracturing of the conservative movement.

2036 presidential.png

Socotra doesn't seem all that valuable. Any particular reason?
Nicobar Islands yes, then subsequent war with Denmark?
hmm. Hapsburg Thailand maybe? It might go well with the Nicobar Islands

Socotra has a really good position when it comes to establishing a naval base. The climate isn't too pleasant but it could work. The Nicobars could easily be purchased from Denmark, though TTL's Schleswig War(s) could easily have it being attached to the peace treaty. Siam could be possible but even OTL's French Indochina is plausible. France had some ties to Annam but those don't matter too much if Vienna is active enough in the region. IIRC when France took over Annam, they asked for Spanish assistance and offered northern Annam and Tonkin to Spain in return. Maybe ITTL they ask Vienna instead?

US Presidential election, 2036. Incumbent Charles Edward Compton wins re-election for a third term, having completed his predecessor's term (2026-2028), won election in 2028 and 2032. He would go on to win re-election in 2040 and 2044, by decreasing margins as his chief rival within the Democratic Party sabotages him in the South. The victory in 2036 is the highest majority yet for Compton, aided greatly by the long fracturing of the conservative movement.

What happened to term limits? And even without the Constituion and there being no crisis requiring such long lasting leadership, I cannot see a person not working themselves to death at that job.

To move on, to counter the Clique of a vassaled Mongolia (and to partially run away from my train wreck of a future Russia map, here's Future Mongolia.

Gro_B_Mongolia.png

To move on, to counter the Clique of a vassaled Mongolia (and to partially run away from my train wreck of a future Russia map, here's Future Mongolia.

Given that most of Inner Mongolia is now very solidly Chinese-majority, it must have been a very, very bad future for the Chinese.

Were the Czechs generally Germanized? And how might relations between Poland and Ukraine be? Also surprised the Bulgarians would be mad at the Romanians. They were the only ones they got land back from and look like they could become chummy.

1. Pretty solidly Germanized or emigrated by now
2. Somewhat cold but correct. Poland includes some land the Ukrainians claim, but they have other things to worry about.
3. I think they regained it in peace negotiations rather than through Romanian generosity? I was mainly trying to reinforce the notion that Bulgaria is Russian rather than western European aligned.

Awesome job as always.

Thanks!

Was the civil rights movement simply delayed ITTL's United States? Or was it simply more drawn out over the years - which as a result could have possibly led to a slower but stronger rise of the religious right?

Why would it be delayed?

Also, what's the religious right's relationship to the not religiously fanatical portion of the American upper class? I can't imagine that the later would be thrilled with the president's most recent antics.

It's a bit like the German upper crust that supported Hitler's rise: they thought that he was controllable and would further their interests. Disillusion is setting in fast.

Given that most of Inner Mongolia is now very solidly Chinese-majority, it must have been a very, very bad future for the Chinese.

Yes indeed, ITTL the Han are actually almost extinct after the Chinese Nuclear War.

BTW, feel free to use that Mongolia in another map, just gimme credit for the idea.

So I'm going to try to do a Oneshoot Scenarios-esque write up about 1984, trying to give it a back story that's *somewhat* plausible, but before I do, are there any big problems with the map I made for it? It's supposed to be based of the book, with some liberties taken (the three powers are alliances, not actual countries). A basic summary is the USSR gets wind of Operation Barbarossa and prevents a German invasion by invading the rest of Europe, and Japan never attacks Pearl Harbor by focusing more on conquering China. Any questions, comments, concerns, etc before I do a full write up?

1984.png

Status
Not open for further replies.