Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you understand how complex a map of that sort is. This community has been producing maps for over a decade now. If something like what you describe doesn't already exist, then it's quite demanding to try and make one of us create it for you specifically out of the blue like this. If something smaller is alright, I recommend the Q-Bam. On the linked thread you can find materials to quickly build a map including as much of the world as you like. If that's too small you can probably find something bigger and much less accurate, like the map you attached, by browsing through relevant threads in this subsection of the forum. If it doesn't exist, period, then good luck finding someone willing to put in such a gargantuan amount of effort for someone they hardly know if at all.
Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean to impose. Actually I know very little about map making. I take it Q-BAM is the software used to make maps? Can you tell what soft Blomma used to make that map? I'd very much like to make a similar map.

Last edited:

I find the Swiss working with the Ottomans to make and bring nukes into neutral countries surprisingly funny. I trust the Swiss are used for a lot of the financial expertise needed bupy the Ottomans and Siamese? And how do the Yanks feel about the Quebec conflict?

I don't know if I ever posted the unfinished version of this map, but I've finally finished it; the large majority of the actual map itself I'd done probably a year or so ago, but I decided to try and finish it;
let me just say that finishing it took way more time than I thought and to a degree more time than it should have as I had to come-up with alot of backstory and then deal with the piece of shit that is
Post-Vista MS Paint.

Anyways when I originally started this map originally to create a better/more visible version of the map from Transhuman Space, however it quickly developed into something completely different, so while
it has some early inspirations from said, these are mostly story wise rather than actual stuff on the map itself.

Also, I do apologize for the fact that this is a Page Breaker, but I wanted to integrate all the text into the map.

the_continual_future_by_iori_komei-d8t2dqg.png

Did you forget to put the numbers or the map or figure that the names given in each post made things clear enough? And is that Burman tail straddling Thailand independent? And is Northern Ireland with Scotland, England-and-Wales, or 'independent'?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean to impose. Actually I know very little about map making. I take it Q-BAM is the software used to make maps? Can you tell what soft Blomma used to make that map? I'd very much like to make a similar map.

BAM stands for Big-Ass Map. I suspect the Q standards for the username of the forum member who originated that specific scale/design.

Nice, Beedok. Eye-catching color. Maybe some other color than yellow for the notes, it doesn't show up that well.

(I presume "Rogue states" is what the British/US call them, there's no indication they're more horrible internally than the other powers, and it's not like the Chinese don't have some seriously legitimate grievances. Irredentists perhaps? :) )

Thanks.

And yes, Rogue States is the so called 'Global Society's' opinion of them. Kind of like how the world today might have some disagreements, but most states are generally playing ball. These 'Rogues' are usually about comparable to the non-rogues for living standards (the Greeks and Arabs are a bit iffy, but so are some of the non-rogues).

HELLO AGAIN!
This is for the MapoftheFortnight Contest

Soon after WWI and the ensuing Russian Civil War Two nations were carved out of the Caucasus.
TWO ARMENIAS! Both puppets to their respective masters. NATO and the Eastern Bloc.
Today they serve as a testing ground for new weapons from both sides, an Aghanistan of the West.

Nice map! I wonder how reunification would go after the Cold War

No. We mostly use programs like MSpaint and Paint.net to create our maps of this variety. We draw them pixel-by-pixel; there are no simple quick ways to create maps that I know of.

My boat is on the shore,
And my bark is on the sea;
But, before I go, Tom Moore,
Here's a double health to thee!

What if Henry VIII converted to Islam so that he could marry multiple women at the same time?
:)

utopia.png

My boat is on the shore,

What if Henry VIII converted to Islam so that he could marry multiple women at the same time?

I want to laugh, I want to cry. But more importantly I want to see the Pope's reaction.

2014_01-popes-home-alone-face.jpg

I don't know if I ever posted the unfinished version of this map, but I've finally finished it; the large majority of the actual map itself I'd done probably a year or so ago, but I decided to try and finish it;
let me just say that finishing it took way more time than I thought and to a degree more time than it should have as I had to come-up with alot of backstory and then deal with the piece of shit that is
Post-Vista MS Paint.

Anyways when I originally started this map originally to create a better/more visible version of the map from Transhuman Space, however it quickly developed into something completely different, so while
it has some early inspirations from said, these are mostly story wise rather than actual stuff on the map itself.

Also, I do apologize for the fact that this is a Page Breaker, but I wanted to integrate all the text into the map.

I like this map :D Nice to see future history that isn't completely fucking dire :)

Hello, I'm Rollo. I know it's customary to make an introduction thread but I'd rather get to the point. I was looking for a large map of Europe with regional borders and I finally found one on this site http://mdc01957.deviantart.com/art/Large-Blank-Europe-Template-265366070. It was made by a member (Blomma) of this community. The map is great (very large, with regional borders and rivers) but it doesn't include the whole of Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland, the whole of european Russia, the rest of Turkey and the Caucasus republics.

Could someone make a map identical to the one made by Blooma that would include the "missing parts" (those that I mentioned). I would prefer it if the mentioned parts had regional borders and rivers and please maintain the size of the map or make it slightly bigger if that's possible. For the large size click on the link and then click on the map. Thank you in advance.

Please post blank map requests over at the Blank Map Thread.

My boat is on the shore,

I'm just curious, why does the Emirate of England control the Isle of Mann and a slice of Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.