Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not really a thing that can happen. Even after Stalin' insanity nothing like that happened. How and why? Such massive population movements over such a wide expanse would be nigh-impossible nowadays and even if they were accomplished it would be less population movement and more genocide. Comparable events, such as the Trail of Tears, have such sad names for a good reason.

No, no, it was never possible. What makes you think that it magically was in recent memory? Maybe something similar could be developed by 2240 or so, but in such a case the difference between now and ten years ago is nill.

Good points. Yeah it probably was never possible but that didn't stop me from thinking it was.

The American Rebellion is mitigated by Parliament accepting representation of the colonies earlier. In 1806, Napoleonic France and Britain accept the last chance for peace.

Since the worst of the Napoleonic Wars is avoided, the French and British are still in direct competition (though nonviolent). The European continent has enjoyed relative peace due to the alliance systems between the British and French, but the powder-keg of the Balkans is already primed and set.

Latin American colonies got their independence in an orderly fashion rather than through debilitating revolutions and civil wars.

Australian claims were sold to the French in exchange for Louisiana and other guarantees and concessions, leaving much of the Pacific to the French. In order to re-establish themselves in the Asia-Pacific region, the British open up Japan earlier, leading to Japan industrializing while playing the French and British off of each other. China also has managed to reduce European influence, since the west is divided into three camps.

And of course, Africa got divvied up. Most of it going to the British and the French. Though the Dutch, Germans, Italians, Danish and Prussians each got minor slices in the (ATL Treaty of Berlin).

geass_1900.png

geass_1900.png

Last edited:
I don't know if I ever posted the unfinished version of this map, but I've finally finished it; the large majority of the actual map itself I'd done probably a year or so ago, but I decided to try and finish it;
let me just say that finishing it took way more time than I thought and to a degree more time than it should have as I had to come-up with alot of backstory and then deal with the piece of shit that is
Post-Vista MS Paint.

Anyways when I originally started this map originally to create a better/more visible version of the map from Transhuman Space, however it quickly developed into something completely different, so while
it has some early inspirations from said, these are mostly story wise rather than actual stuff on the map itself.

Also, I do apologize for the fact that this is a Page Breaker, but I wanted to integrate all the text into the map.
Good map, Iori!:)

There were some maps on future—here's my take on a possible world of the 2050s. A bit of a supranational-union wank, but then I think supranationalism could do with a bit of optimism these days.

MzwEqJ6.png

Can someone make a map for me?

1.) I need a map centered on Kentucky+West Virgina. To the north is the US, to the south the CSA. I mostly need a blank map with such borders clearly defined. If not too much trouble color the borders, and apply a light shade for the respective state. US=blue, CSA=gray, Appalachia=gray-green.

2.) i need it saved in PNG so I can add textures, and words to the map latter.

3.) No geography please. If you want to have internal state lines that is fine.

I have lots of Base maps on my hard-drive. So Credit to whoever made this one.

Ok. Now for the back story.
The POD is in the current GOT season. Note that I have not read the books just yet. So this map history is based solely on what I have gathered and seen so far as well as some other more common knowledge facts. Such as Tyrion, Daenarys, and Brandon being the most major of characters that are supposed to survive.
In Kings Landing the religous zealots known as the Sparrows are confronted by Tommin and his troops. (Tommin acting in the interests of his wife, who wishes to save her brother). When the High Sparrow is executed without trial the City descends into chaos. The Sparrows kill Tommin, and Cersei is forced to flea to Casterly Rock. The Tyrell's escape back to HighGarden.

During all of the chaos and the seizure of Kings Landing by Religous Zealots, who seem to have more of a following than anticipated; Dorne declares war on the "Lannister Dynasty and their allies". The Boltons, having no backing anymore whatsoever are overwhelmed and systematically executed by Stannis' army. The North seems to be under Stannis Baratheons control.

After managing to solidify her hold on Meereen, Daenarys manages to go on to conquer all of Slavers Bay and then lay siege to the Stormlands with Dornish backing. Dorne pledged their support to Daenarys.

Brandon Stark, the voice and hand of the re-emerging Children of the Forest, arrives in Winterfell during its seige and finds his sister Sansa. Brandon and Sansa retreat to Dreadfort where Brandons small amount of supporters have brought the dead body of his mother. Brandon brings his mother back to life with his Children of the Forest Super Abilities.

Catelyn Stark takes it upon herself to call the "True North" back to action. "It is Time for a free North". Brienne of Tarth, one of Brandons new supporters, asks Catelyn for an immense favor. Brienne wishes to have Renly Baratheon resurrected.

When Renly re-emerges from death He promises his support to Catelyn Stark and her independent North. He Promises the Destruction of the Lannister Dynasty. He no longer cares to be King of Westeros. He just wants a world without the evil of His brother Stannis and the evil of the current Lannister Dynasty. Renly rides to High Garden to find Lord Tyrell and the technical queen Margaery. After gaining their support he rides to Dorne to pledge his support to the Dornish cause. An appearance by Tyrion Lannister and Jorah Mormont, representatives of Daenarys Targaryen, sign a cooperation treaty with the Reach, the North, Dorne, and Meereen.

Peter Baelish is outed by Sansa Stark. So Baelish seizes the Vale and become the fourth faction of the war. The First being The Reach, Dorne, Meereen, and the North. The second being Cersei and the Lannisters. The Third being Stannis. The Fourth being the Vale.

Then Winter came. The Armies of the Undead and the frozen beings, "the others" descended upon Westeros. Stannis is utterly defeated. What is left of his forces, flea to Pentos on their fleet.

The Reach, Dorne and the Stormlands Unite into Federal Union. They Seize the Riverlands and then surround Casterly Rock and Lannisport. The Lannisters are on the brink of defeat. Only Cersei Lannister remains.

Baelish admits defeat and so ceases hostilities with all. He is clear though that the Vale will be independent as well.

Daenarys Targaryen, Ellaria Sand, Tyrion Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Margaery and Loras Tyrell, Renly Baratheon, and a few of Daenarys friends from Essos convene a meeting to install the world Planetos' first true Democracy equivalent. (In truth, however, it is more like a large Minbari Grey Council from Babylon 5, just with two members from each realm.) Their will be two representatives elected from each realm, by the people, six years after the White Walkers and Lannisters are defeated, and peace returned to Westeros.

The combined forces of all of Westeros, save The Rock, go north to hold off the endless waves of the Undead. The White walkers were in fact winning until the return of the children of the forest within White Walker territory forces a halt to Walker advances.

Four years later the White Walkers have been expelled from Westeros. The year is now 315 AC.

During all this time, Stannis' army seized control of Pentos. Stannis hoping to accomplish something akin to Daenarys and her success then declares war on Braavos to the North. After seemingly endless defeats; Braavos elects to join the 'United Kingdoms of Westeros' so that they can have a chance at defeating Stannis.

Also by 315 AC. Major new arrangements have bee made north and around the "Wall".

By 315 AC the entirety of the known western and southern coasts of Essos have joined into the 'United Kingdoms of Westeros and Essos' or the UKWE.

Later the Dothraki Horde is pushed slightly to the East of Essos by the UKWE. It is around 320 AC that the Kingdom of Thaithi (Tye-thee), one of this worlds equivalent to China, lands a small fleet off of the Dornish Coast. This sparks Westeros and Essos' interst in overseas exploration.

On the map you can see the World of Planetos by the year 460 AC. All colors outside of Westeros and most of Essos are colored in the Tacos color scheme in respect to Planetos' similar cultures. Americos lye south of Eastern Essos, Eastern Essos being heavily colonised by the North and UKWE, and East of Orientos.

Now, I'm not quite sure about some of the borders? Does everything seem alright enough to you guys?

Oh and did I mention the Tolkien like elves that are magically situated in the heart of Orientos?

My Planetos 460 AC.png

Last edited:

Rhand

Banned
Wow, that's an amazing map!

I might use it to show off some of my CK2 games :)

One quibble though: I think the Qarth - Yi Ti border is off. Actually, it looks like Yi Ti (and Hyrkoon and various other states in Essos) disappeared.

Not that it matters much, tbh.

Last edited:
Wow, that's an amazing map!

I might use it to show off some of my CK2 games :)

One quibble though: I think the Qarth - Yi Ti border is off. Actually, it looks like Yi Ti (and Hyrkoon and various other states in Essos) disappeared.

Not that it matters much, tbh.

Most of them were Eaten up by Westeros and the Dothraki. Willingly or not.

Oh, and I didn't make the basemap. But thanks all the same! :)

Can someone make a map for me?

1.) I need a map centered on Kentucky+West Virgina. To the north is the US, to the south the CSA. I mostly need a blank map with such borders clearly defined. If not too much trouble color the borders, and apply a light shade for the respective state. US=blue, CSA=gray, Appalachia=gray-green.

2.) i need it saved in PNG so I can add textures, and words to the map latter.

3.) No geography please. If you want to have internal state lines that is fine.

hope this fill your demands !
(US is in RCS green)

help.png

help.png

There were some maps on future—here's my take on a possible world of the 2050s. A bit of a supranational-union wank, but then I think supranationalism could do with a bit of optimism these days.

Nicely done, Ruth. Has Ukraine developed it's own nuclear deterrent?

(I think Sunni Iraq would be a bit bigger: the Shi'a only really become a majority from Baghdad south).

http://www.theglobaleducationproject.org/mideast/info/maps/iraq_ethnic_religious_map.jpg

http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/iraq-ethno1.JPG

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/lf540870a1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.