Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mixing of German and English irks me, but it's no worse than usual for Kaiserreich.

I think it works well, tbh, in conveying the domination of Germany in this TTL. Nothing says Alsace-Lorraine is mine better than a Straßburg :D

Excellent, Milites. What does the red line indicate? (If "Germany and Puppets", I'd expect Belgium at least to be in there too).

Ack, the shame! I completely forgot about Flanders-Wallonia.

Here's the fixed version (forgot to add Astrakhan's name to the map and fixed a few spelling errors) .

kaiserreich_1936_vol2_by_milites_atterdag-d9cg6yz.jpg

I think it works well, tbh, in conveying the domination of Germany in this TTL. Nothing says Alsace-Lorraine is mine better than a Straßburg :D

Here's the fixed version (forgot to add Astrakhan's name to the map and fixed a few spelling errors) .

Great map! Any idea on who is running the Don-Kuban Union?

NICE! Good to see people pumping out maps other than World Maps.
I feel like half this board is beating a dead horse with the same style maps; perhaps I have an unpopular opinion on this matter.

tumblr_mxnflqMbM41rlcynyo1_500.gif

I feel like half this board is beating a dead horse with the same style maps; perhaps I have an unpopular opinion on this matter.

I completely agree - I tend to avoid most World Maps unless beautifully annotated.
I do not agree with gif posting however...

"Dead horse"? Not all of us have the time, or indeed the wherewithal, to master Photoshop. Or even Gimp. So I guess the rest of us just, what, shouldn't post our maps then?

Well, it's not exactly alternate history but . . . :p
I always felt that these little regions aren't given enough attention :/ Honestly, how many people here who don't either live there or play EUIV know about Vogtland?

If you share this anywhere, please put a link to my Tumblr in the credits. Thank you! https://www.tumblr.com/blog/soaringaven

tumblr_nvcnb3lUPz1uhcxuko1_540.png

"Dead horse"? Not all of us have the time, or indeed the wherewithal, to master Photoshop. Or even Gimp. So I guess the rest of us just, what, shouldn't post our maps then?

I agree with Kiwi Emperor (sorry XD) though I wouldn't put is so aggressively :) , you can't really judge the contents of this thread by the best pieces. Disregarding that "best" is subjective, the fact remains that it's open to everybody for posting and not everybody has time/talent/money. And the more people who have "less skill" (again, subjective) post here, the more feedback they can get which can boost their morale or even help them improve :) However, if you feel that this isn't to your liking, I'm sure it's possible to create a "Zalesky's awesome maps" thread on AH XDDD

Continuing from my previous map
It's the following UEFA European Championships held in France, 1992.

The 1992 European Championships was held 2 years after the 1990 world cup where England won in a stunning victory against Argentina, beating them 2 - 0. However for England this would be the last taste of an attempt of victory as much like Germany between 1980-1998 the English team found themselves falling in the rankings. The overall winner of the Championships was Yugoslavia who beat England in the finals. New's of their victory sent the people of Yugoslavia into a mass cry of happiness over their teams performance. The final itself the first game played in Frances newly built Stade de France, created for this tournament.

Drvoovz.png

I use is for ease of comparison. If I do some funky map about South America in an interesting projection you'll probably have to look up an OTL map, where using World A folks know where things are (mostly).

I don't have access to a good computer so I can't even run paint .net to make maps. I try to at least try to do things that haven't been done much and my last map had Tajik (and Tajik related) Afghanistan, a Pashuntistan, and a Balawaristan.

Well I for one enjoy all different kinds of maps and wouldn't like to miss any of the many different styles posted in the various map threads :)

My first alternate history flag map. Warning. ASB. Ask questions as needed.

Very nice! What's the flag for 'Northern' France? Burgundy?

Well I for one enjoy all different kinds of maps and wouldn't like to miss any of the many different styles posted in the various map threads :)

Very nice! What's the flag for 'Northern' France? Burgundy?

You guessed it correct. It is indeed Burgundy. I'm currently working on a world map based off of this.
I first suspected a Communist Al-Andalus... cool idea this would be, wouldn't it?
Your also correct. A communist revolution rocked the Spanish Region to the point they managed to overthrow the government. In a need to spread the revolution they pressed up and annexed territories from the now shattered French Monarchy. (Caused by a number of Napoleon blunders.) along with the Workers Commonwealth of Indiana are the only communist states in this world.

An ASB circa 1933 decides he likes the cut of Mussolini's jib and decides to give him a hand.

(I'm feeling silly.)

MultipleMussolini.png

Status
Not open for further replies.