Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at any rate, Kearney isn't the best place for a state capital. Why not Omaha or Lincoln? Or some place that's not in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah, this. I mean, the state was settled from the east, and "[name of state] City" is normally the first city to be incorporated in the territory (see: Iowa City, Kansas City, Nebraska City). So not even the name makes much sense in TTL's context, let alone having the state capital sit hundreds of miles up a non-navigable river.

Map of the Trans-Pacific Partnership

Surprise El Salvedor or another Central American country didn't get its way inside. Then again, probably don't have much to offer the group. Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands opted out like the Danish Realms with the EU? Or just wouldn't be able to represent themselves in the organization if they joined?

I haven't posted a Union and Liberty map in a map thread in a long time. Since I'm getting near the end of the TL, here's the map of the United States as of 1912.

I do like being a city in Calhoun.

Surprise El Salvedor or another Central American country didn't get its way inside. Then again, probably don't have much to offer the group. Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands opted out like the Danish Realms with the EU? Or just wouldn't be able to represent themselves in the organization if they joined?

I forgot to color them blue (Light Pink was the placeholder color.)

World of Ideologies: To March Forward

In this scenario regarding the world of ideologies, the most totalitarian groups managed to triumph in the wars that happened over the 1940s and 1950s. The war between the Syndicalists and Technocrats was very one-sided as the German Technate utterly crushed France, Belgium and Catalonia, assisting the Carlists who were benefiting the most as Spain collapsed. The Italian Fascists also took their chance, forming an alliance of convenience with the technocrats, allowing for them to take the territories they wanted from a collapsing French regime. The British fought hard against the militaristic invaders of both fronts as they divided the mainland, but a beach-head was reached, which was only repelled by the resistance of the British people and the BEF. Still, large portions of land were lost as the Japanese plundered Oceania and South East Asia, wanting to expand their ever-growing empire in preparation for the war with China. Meanwhile, all the other factions, democratic or otherwise became subdued by a resurgent North American Technate, ready to become the world's leading power through vast resources, manpower and stretched out economy, which once recovered from the balkanisation, would be almost unstoppable. Buckling from all sides, including in North and South America, the British buckled and sued for peace against the enemy, allowing them to triumph in most of Eurasia and the Americas.

However, the world that came afterwards showed that this would not last. The technocrats arguably despised the fascists even more than they did the democrats and communists, and once the alliance of convenience was lost, a hostile atmosphere was created. Similarly, the Fascist Eurasian Co-Prosperity sphere fell apart as a split between Rome and Tokyo took place over not just ideological grounds, but mainly cultural grounds as the differences between East and West were already very profound, with this split in mind, the Russian National State jumped on the Italian bandwagon, wishing revenge against the Japanese and Mongols who had taken rightful Russian land, though also wishing to eradicate the cowardly technocrats. It is now 1960, and the world we know has become almost unrecognisable, with most of the world in the grip of totalitarianism, and what remains cowers behind a growing nuclear stockpile to survive. What could this world have to hold in future? A man can dream...

ismboje.png

Another map done from my yet unifinished/unstarted TL

This one is a more Cultural one based from the UEFA European Championships

It would be the first nation championship where Catalonia had done well since their independence following the European Invasion of Spain in 1978. Although they didn't win the Championship the fact they did fairly well beating Spain in the qualifications gave the Catalonia people a great deal of pride in their nation. It would also give the best performance of England since their win in the 1966 World Cup and would give them the boost to win the 1990 World Cup in BENELUX nations who hosted it. The 1988 European Championship would also host the largest win by a nation in any of the Championships with Yugoslavia beating Austria 9 - 0 in a stunning match at the Stadio di Victor Emmanuel III during the Group Stages. This wouldn't be beaten until the 2004 European Championships with France beating Ireland 10 - 0. From many of the fans from all nations the 1988 European Championships was heralded as an incredibly enjoyable tournament.

FT8x18h.png

Last edited:
Just a little update on the WIP I was working on. It is almost done just need to add more states in India proper

Anywho Purple is the Indian Union while the lighter purple shade represents those that are part of the union but have autonomy and are not part of the federation though they share common currency, central banking, foreign policy and military. Kind of like a two track EU. The white countries outlined by purple make up the Alliance of South East Asian Countries (basically NATO) that counters the influence of Japanese puppets and Japan aligned Thailand as well as Soviet aligned countries (Afghanistan and Badakhshan)

Indian WIP 2.PNG

Explicitly working against the interests of the country and for the interests of other countries by creating unconstitutional law is pretty treasonous.

18 U.S. Code § 2381

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
And that's all I gotta say about this

Excellent, Milites. What does the red line indicate? (If "Germany and Puppets", I'd expect Belgium at least to be in there too).

Status
Not open for further replies.