Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The base had the red 'unresolved' border; and I just erased it accidentally.

A red line border does'nt represent 'unresolved border' (IIRC that wa some dark brownish-red one, I don't know, I never used it), but rather represents borders of unrecognized countries or countries with very limited recognition.

One continent down, five to go. WIP

equatoria physical.png

A different two state solution.

When a coalition of pro-peace and arab parties wins the israeli elections the hardliners secede (peacfully, as the army refuses to act).

Both nations are poorer than todays Israel. About 1 million jews have left the north for Europe and America while some descendants of arab refugees have retrurned.

The south struggles with it's ultra-orthodox plurality that often opposes the national-religious, military backed leadership.

It's difficult to believe that an ultra-Orthodox dominated state would allow an autonomous zone including Hebrew, which includes some of the holiest sites to Judaism.

There's also the comment that with the Jewish emigration and Arab immigration you mention, neither of those states is likely to be Jewish majority...

I haven't posted a Union and Liberty map in a map thread in a long time. Since I'm getting near the end of the TL, here's the map of the United States as of 1912.

l7opf8Y.png

Kearney City is located at OTL Kearney, Nebraska. And it's actually the capital, and OTL, that misspells it. The state and city are named after Stephen Kearny.

Yeah, I know that it's OTL Kearney and I know about the OTL misspelling of the city, but it seems odd that someone at some point wouldn't enforce uniformity one way or the other. But at any rate, Kearney isn't the best place for a state capital. Why not Omaha or Lincoln? Or some place that's not in the middle of nowhere?

Treasonous, psychotic, self-destructive nonsense.

Neat map, though.

How exactly is it treason?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of it (though it's better than the Atlantic one that's probably going to die), but it in no way can be considered treason as it does not levy war against the United States nor does it provide aid or comfort to any polity the United States is at war with.

...provide aid or comfort to any polity the United States is at war with.

Ah, but that’s not the definition.

...or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

Just ‘enemies.’

The treaty supersedes US law (unconstitutional), US courts (unconstitutional), and gives preferential treatment to foreign organizations and corporations.

What is an Enemy? Economically, any other nation. It may sound like something for the lawyers to pick apart, but this is a revocation of our sovereignty no matter how you view it.

I don’t have my TPP data with me at the moment (and this isn’t quite the place for it), so I won’t trust what’s left of my memory to expound further.

Ah, but that’s not the definition.
Just ‘enemies.’

What is an Enemy? Economically, any other nation. It may sound like something for the lawyers to pick apart, but this is a revocation of our sovereignty no matter how you view it.

Yes, but it's been more or less de facto established that 'enemies' of the United States is any country or group we're at war with or a polity or group which we explicitly designate as such.

The treaty supersedes US law (unconstitutional), US courts (unconstitutional)

The Constitution itself states that any and all treaties that the United States ascends to are automatically part of the law.

and gives preferential treatment to foreign organizations and corporations.

Which while subjectively bad in many cases is neither illegal nor unconstitutional.

But can’t place foreign courts or supranational courts above our own.

Aside from establishing the Supreme Court (which has a sort of unique position in terms of treaty authority), it's the Congresses authority to decide on the establishment and powers of all other courts, so by extension the Congress passing a treaty is also the Congress saying that the Courts it has the power to establish and regulate now have a new regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.