Not open for further replies.
- Europe, 1808
- Treaty of Havana, 1815
- World Map, 1816
- Europe, 1820
- World, 1820

- World, 1832

Treaty of Mexico City

The election of Prieur, largely a result of the confusion over Benton's election in the United States, came as somewhat of a shock. Prieur sought peace with the crumbling Mexico as swiftly as possible. Ultimately, Louisianan claims were recognized, Mexican Tejas was annexed, and the Native Free State (Estado Libre Nativo, État Libre Natif) was recognized. The Spanish Revolutionaries in Northern Mexico swelled in the aftermath, as did the Southern Reactionaries. In California, the Republic of California (Republica de California) is declared as well. The Northern rebels are supported, secretly, by the Spanish Republic.

Peace of Mexico City.png

No Denmark among the French allies? Quite unlikely in a Napoleonic victory scenario.

Must have missed them :eek: I'll edit the map and put them in Napoleon's camp

I think Haiti had all of Hispaniola around the POD here. I think the French would have kept it, or at least got the Spamish to go along with it like they did everything else. And wouldn't Napoleon being King of Italy unify it with France at some point?

Haiti had all of Hispaniola around the 1820s, so well after the POD. The Spanish king-in-exile in Mexico City and French Empire came to the understanding of a demilitarized border between the two, and allowing free and unimpeded transport between Louisiana and Haiti. I had thought of that, but I also felt that Napoleon would be fine with keeping a Kingdom of Italy as a state in personal union.

Whenever a butterfly flaps its wings 1783-1880, the US falls apart. :p

Pretty good map.

Haha well there were a few close calls early on :p And thank you! I've admired your maps for a while, and it's thrilling as everything to hear you say that

Huehuecoyotl

Monthly Donor
I was going to feel bad for stretching the page, but upvoteanthology's beautiful map already did it, so no guilt here. ;)

A major expansion upon a scenario I posted in (I think) Map Thread XI.

Behold!

0aM5UG6.png

An imaginative scenario and an impressive presentation, if somewhat on the ASB side. Did technology collapse back to 17th century levels or something?

Thanks so much! :D And yeah, it did to some degree. Most regions were able to get back up, albeit slowly, and in the 3500's tech is around what we would call 2500's.

I was going to feel bad for stretching the page, but upvoteanthology's beautiful map already did it, so no guilt here. ;)

A major expansion upon a scenario I posted in (I think) Map Thread XI.

Behold!

Hooray! I was hoping for more detail on this world. Of course, now I have questions:

What’s the ethnicity of the Lakes Communes peoples?
Does this world have equivalents to the OTL “first world” and “third world”, or is wealth more evenly distributed in this world?
Where did you get the name “Mandara” for the west African chaps? “Felicienn” doesn’t sound very African: is it still someone’s colony?
How Turkish and how Chinese are the Seres by 2013?
Are the Wu what we’d call more “traditional” Chinese?
What religions do Seres and Wu follow?
Is Yunnan inhabited by a Thai people?
Have the Vietnamese entirely assimilated the Cambodians in Annam?
Is the Persian-Luri split a recent thing, or of long standing, and if the second, why?
I suppose the UFCC and the Union of the South are both considered sorta-superpowers: how about the Litoanians? Any of the Asian states?
And why did the areas of France and Germany remain so fragmented through the “gunpowder empires” era of state-building?

best,
Bruce

Looks distinctly Fallout. I will say the NCR seems a lot weaker in this scenario.

Indeed. I've written a Fallout Redux scenario, addressing some of the concerns I have about the background. I felt the NCR grew too quickly and that it's size is rather optimistic given the huge population reductions, technological regression and all dat radiation. I think the hardest bit will be mapping the Legion.

Huehuecoyotl

Monthly Donor
Hooray! I was hoping for more detail on this world. Of course, now I have questions:

Oh boy :p

What’s the ethnicity of the Lakes Communes peoples?

Mixed, Burgondians and some Salians who migrated up to the lakeshore during the colonial years.

Does this world have equivalents to the OTL “first world” and “third world”, or is wealth more evenly distributed in this world?

It does, sort of. The broad regions from wealthiest/most stable to poorest/least stable are, in some vague sort of order, Europe, South America, the Pacific, North and East Africa, North America, South Asia, East Asia, Southern Africa, and Central Africa. Not exactly strict First and Third worlds, more like a sliding grade. Overall the world has a little less poverty than OTL. So that's nice.

Where did you get the name “Mandara” for the west African chaps?

I seem to remember it being a portmanteau of two of the peoples in its borders, but I named the African nations so long ago that I can't really recall.

“Felicienn” doesn’t sound very African: is it still someone’s colony?

It was Tolosan until recently.

How Turkish and how Chinese are the Seres by 2013?

Not very. The steppes and East Turkestan are mostly Turkic, but Han Chinese have the most demographic weight. The ruling caste aren't enjoying the growing pains.

Are the Wu what we’d call more “traditional” Chinese?
What religions do Seres and Wu follow?

Yes, specifically Wu speakers. Wu is predominantly Confucian and the emperors of Seres are Buddhists.

Is Yunnan inhabited by a Thai people?

Yep, the Dai, or at least their ATL cousins.

Have the Vietnamese entirely assimilated the Cambodians in Annam?

Sort of, they're mostly pushed into the west of the country, with some across the border in Yinghithai.

Is the Persian-Luri split a recent thing, or of long standing, and if the second, why?

I figure it happened at some point during the break-up of the Abbasid caliphate, though I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

I suppose the UFCC and the Union of the South are both considered sorta-superpowers: how about the Litoanians? Any of the Asian states?

The Union of the South is definite. The UFCC is the big fish in South Africa but it's having serious cohesion problems that are making it look sort of paper-tigerish these days. The Three Caliphates are doing great (the drying of the Maghreb went a little differently ITTL) and Litoania is strong but rarely active on the world stage. Binin, Aden, and Delhi round out the rest of the "great powers" club and could each make it big in the next century.

And why did the areas of France and Germany remain so fragmented through the “gunpowder empires” era of state-building?

In the case of the Germanies, it's mostly owed to Salian interests and some pretty distinct national identities in Saxony and Bavaria. The Rhine Republic confederated out of a bunch of smaller principalities and considers its great project done, since it doesn't see the Saxons and Bavarians as the same kind of "German" as they.

As for France, Bretonia thinks itself pretty Celtic and Tolosa speaks those langues d'Oc. Much as it tried, Burgondia never managed to press them into something greater. As for the mess in the middle of it, errm... :D

Thanks for the questions.

Last edited:
Excellent, Emp...Tsar. One quibble: some of the smaller writing is a bit hard to make out, even in the largest version.

Yes, I had rather a lot of trouble getting a functional version up; it was getting close to the deadline for the MOTF round so I traded legibility for time (much like the tests I should be studying for :p ).

If you point out any features, I'd be happy to name them for you.

Faeelin

Banned
Whenever a butterfly flaps its wings 1783-1880, the US falls apart. :p

Eh. What's the alternative? Spend half a million lives to hold the nation together, lest government of the people, by the people, for the people, perish from the Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.