Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a random map I made one day, and I decided to add a little back story to it.

Among other differences from our world:

The Byzantine Empire never fell

The Ottoman Empire never formed, but some sort of Islamic Empire rose to take its place

The Reconquista failed, and the Iberian Peninsula became part of the Islamic Empire

The South remained loyal to the British during the American Revolution, and eventually gained dominion status

However, the United States still gain independence and eventually bought Louisiana from the French.

But Mexico, or something like it, is more powerful and was able to keep both America and the British Southern Dominion from invading it

Russia and France were a bit more successful with colonizing the New World

The British colonized and/or conquered Argentina and Uruguay (both eventually gaining dominion status)

New England (plus New York and New Jersey) eventually broke off from the USA

Sweden won the Great Northern War, and was more successful in terms of colonies

The Meiji Restoration fell apart, the Shogunate never ended, and eventually Japan and Korea became British colonies

The Dutch kept Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa

Pan-Germanism was more successful, leading to a union of the German and Austro-Hungarian (who somehow own Venezuela)

Meh, I like your original version in the ASB thread tons better than this one :p

Russia future map

Here's just a random map I made while I actually should've been studying for my exams due tomorrow...
It's not meant to be particularly plausible, though. Especially not the Central Asian Federation, which is outlined, like Belarus and Armenia, because it's within Russia's sphere of influence. Transnistria, Abkhazia, Crimea and South Ossetia are completely part of the Russian Federation. The status of Eastern Ukraine is a bit dubious; in between occupied and part of the Russian Federation... The year is 2029, after the Second Chinese Civil War, and currently, the biggest of the world's conflicts is the North Pole Crisis. You can see Russia's claims and part of Norway's. The Caspian Floods of the early twenties have been quite disastrous. Dutch engineers helped the Russians save Astrakhan, now situated on an island protected and surrounded by dikes.
Any questions?

russia future.png

Last edited:
Without either Egypt or the Cape or Panama Canal, how does England hold India or Japan?

Hmm...well, I don't really know. Clearly the rules of logic are out to lunch in this world

Meh, I like your original version in the ASB thread tons better than this one :p

Eh? It's basically the same except that New England went separatist and Sweden owns Katanga, and the Southern Dominion is slightly smaller

Here's just a random map I made while I actually should've been studying for my exams tomorrow...
It's not meant to be particularly plausible, though. Especially not the Central Asian Federation, which is outlined, like Belarus and Armenia, because it's within Russia's sphere of influence. Transnistria, Abkhazia, Crimea and South Ossetia are completely part of the Russian Federation. The status of Eastern Ukraine is a bit dubious; in between occupied and part of the Russian Federation... The year is 2029, after the Second Chinese Civil War, and currently, the biggest of the world's conflicts is the North Pole Crisis. You can see Russia's claims and part of Norway's. The Caspian Floods of the early twenties have been quite disastrous. Dutch engineers helped the Russians save Astrakhan, now situated on an island protected and surrounded by dikes.
Any questions?

What's the story with that bit of Latvia just north of Belarus which is now in the Russian sphere?

What's the story with that bit of Latvia just north of Belarus which is now in the Russian sphere?

I think that roughly corresponds with where the majority of Latvia's ethnic Russian population lives. And Putin has i think said something recently about it.

Yup. The bigger Dominion and US New England just looks better to me. :p

Guess figured (stupid, considering all the other impossibilities, I know) that without Virginia, and all their important residents, the USA would be at a serious disadvantage during the revolution. As for New England, it was something new I wanted to add, plus I like the shape of it

A different Cold War. Made this map long ago and don't remember if I posted it before, but basically Stalin is more like Hitler and the opposite, which makes the USSR the "bad guy" of WWII, with Nazi Germany as the unlikely ally. The USSR suffers occupation zones.

In this world, the Cold War is mainly between the Axis (which Nat. China will soon join), and the West.

2NExWjA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.