Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and you dont see any parallels there?

Besides, "x is a city, y is a country" is irrelevant. Population numbers is relevant. And when the city has as many or more people as the country, than the city is equivalent or more than the country.

Oh i'm not arguing that Belgium could occupy or even attack Paris (unlikley). Just pointing out that countries and citues are two different things.

Susano

Banned
Oh i'm not arguing that Belgium could occupy or even attack Paris (unlikley). Just pointing out that countries and citues are two different things.

No, thats my point, they are not if the have the same amount of population. Claiming anything else is this annoying rural elitarism.

So you agree that it would be ridiculous to insist that a small country could wrest a larger city from a huge country. I'm glad we agree! :)

Dunno, Israel managed it. It in fact managed to do it to several bigger nations simultaneously.

My argument is not about the city, it's to do with the claim that because one nation has a larger population, it will automatically defeat a less populated nation. I don't argue over the city.

Russell

No, thats my point, they are not if the have the same amount of population. Claiming anything else is this annoying rural elitarism.

Well a country is a country and a city is a component part of a country. However, I see your point, but it was not the point I was trying to argue.

My entry for the MoF 04 competition.

A quick note, the term Shinigami in this context refers to (realistic) vampires, since that's what the ones in TTL Japan refer to themselves as.

Shinigami Wars Japan.png

Last edited:

Hapsburg

Banned
So you agree that it would be ridiculous to insist that a small country could wrest a larger city from a huge country. I'm glad we agree! :)

Well, ITTL, a Coalition army does take the city in a battle; the European half, that is. But only because the civilian population does not get involved. And it's more than just the Greek army attacking, though they spearhead the siege.
But Greece does not annex Istanbul Province.

A quick note, the term Shinigami in this context refers to (realistic) vampires, since that's what the ones in TTL Japan refer to themselves as.

So, what's the history of the Shinigami? Are they genetically engineered creatures, or what?

So, what's the history of the Shinigami? Are they genetically engineered creatures, or what?

They're the basis for our Vampire myths, thought they purposefully keep their history to themselves.

The Shinigami, like the other Vampires are essentially an evolution of Humanity, they've become biologically immortal, that is they stop aging at a certain point and have a much better immune system and can regenerate minor things, like fingers, but they can still be killed by the same things any Human could be.

They don't have the mythical weaknesses associated with them, though they are more sensitive to sunlight than the average Human.

Don't suppose you could add maybe a strip of colour underneath the Flags to show which is which? My Japanese geography is very lacking.

Otherwise nice map =]

Don't suppose you could add maybe a strip of colour underneath the Flags to show which is which? My Japanese geography is very lacking.

Otherwise nice map =]

With the exception of the Etorofu Syndicate and the American occupied territories (which are colored with America's UCS color) the background colors of the Mon-flags are the colors of their corresponding area.

This was for MoF 4: The Paranormal. It's your standard Reconstruction-era psychic detective/spy proto-fascist dystopia, where Pinkerton psychics hunt down Confederate resistance fighters in Appalachia, break up labor union strikes in Chicago and possibly influence elections in Washington DC.

Paranormal.png

This was for MoF 4: The Paranormal. It's your standard Reconstruction-era psychic detective/spy proto-fascist dystopia, where Pinkerton psychics hunt down Confederate resistance fighters in Appalachia, break up labor union strikes in Chicago and possibly influence elections in Washington DC.

You have Charlotte too far west. It sits basically on the Carolina hump.

Thanks. My base map doesn't have cities so I was eyeballing them, I'm sure I misplaced a few others, especially Galveston. Gotta get a better base map... :eek:

Hapsburg

Banned
Map of Alliances from the TL, circa 2070. War has not broken out yet, but tension rises between the Samarkand Development Union, and the combined nations of NATO and PATO. The SDU is ostensibly a trade bloc led by Russia that seeks to increase economic prosperity in its signatory countries; however, the mutual defence clause of the Treaty of Samarkand provides for Russian supply of member armies, and creates a monopoly of Russian influence in the areas.
Meanwhile, cooperation between the North Atlantic and Pacific Treaty Organisations, and the expansion of NATO to include South Atlantic and Indian Ocean countries, creates political tension, as the interests of several of its member nations conflict with those of SDU members.

A major war looms.

2070 Political Associations.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.