Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish HOI2 gave more opportunities for carving up Europe differently in the aftermath,,,

Well, Several nations did not join WW2 in this game, because it started in 38. Too bad becaused I wanted a baseline test for DAIM. I downloaded an event chain that allows you divide Europe up a few different ways. This was the "whoever controls the capital gets the country" selection. It is a bit lacking, and not very good English, but it will do. Sure beats me making events like I usualy do. Only thing I'd really like would be options on Poland's border, but that can slide.

My last map was met with no comments and no interest, so I decided to up the ante. For oyur viewng pleasure, I give you balkanized Brazil!

Brazil.gif

Brazil.gif

Updated the AFLE map I did a bit back. Between 2009 and 2012, the Edinburgh Highlanders moved to Inverness and teams were added in Venice and Zurich. In 2013, two more teams will be added in La Palma, Oslo, and Rome. The AFLE has quickly grown in popularity in northern Italy and there are rumors that more teams will be coming from there in the near future. Meanwhile, French officials in the league have been complaining about there still only being two teams to represent France.

Also, sorry about the big empty space in the east. I forgot/was too lazy to crop it before I saved it. :D
Wait, what sport is this?

I really wish HOI2 gave more opportunities for carving up Europe differently in the aftermath,,,
1. Download the New Nations mod.
2. Play HOI2
3. Cause Prussia, Great Lakes Republic, and Austria-Hungary to form.
4. ???
5. Profit

My last map was met with no comments and no interest, so I decided to up the ante. For oyur viewng pleasure, I give you balkanized Brazil!

View attachment 72943

Sooooo if their balkanised why is there a brazilian flag in the background? You also need some compelling history to go with the dividing into national units mainly based on on a division scheme made in the early 1700s when the interior was still unmapped, which was ended for several good reasons, and in which you've randomly merged some states together...

The only redeeming quality this map seems to have is the Brazillian flag in the background. However, not even that makes sense. No explanation is provided as to why Brazil has become balkanized - we only have a vague idea of the era.

And some of the borders don't make much sense, either - why does Brasil have all that coast that one would think would have a lot of value for and be economically tied to Sao Paulo?

Also, why does Sao Pedro not have the rest of OTL southern Brazil? If it lost the land in a war, then wouldn't Sao Paulo join in and eat up the rest of Sao Pedro? Many countries in Latin America were ganged up upon like that, you know.

Also, about the flag - that is the flag of the OTL Federative Republic of Brazil. It's based off of the flag of the Empire of Brazil, which may have not even existed in this TL!

So, basically, more explanation needed.

You know that your an AH.commer when.....

Your proffesor asks you to turn in a sketch map of a cemetary for your last lab. A simple sketch of the site with prominent family plots, bare earth plots, rough dates for expansion, and other noticeable features that coincide with the typical "anglo-southern" cemetary are all that is needed...

And you do it on paint with this being the result :D:p

sttephollowah.PNG

You know that your an AH.commer when.....

Your proffesor asks you to turn in a sketch map of a cemetary for your last lab. A simple sketch of the site with prominent family plots, bare earth plots, rough dates for expansion, and other noticeable features that coincide with the typical "anglo-southern" cemetary are all that is needed...

And you do it on paint with this being the result :D:p

Such an over-achievement is tarnished by the fact that it's spelled cemetery.

Good job regardless.

Big Tex: Good map. I used to draw similar maps of my neighbourhood.
Anyways, I shall start my Paint.NET career with a CP victory that is grim.
In 1917, the mutinies of the French do not happen. However, the French soldiers mutiny in front of the German Spring Offensive. France is knocked out, and the UK makes a white peace. Belgium and Luxembourg stay under German control.
In the east, Brest Livotsk is utilised to feed the starving Germans, and obvioudly this involves pillaging the puppets for food. The situation here is not good, especially with the USSR to the East.
In the Balkans, Austria has collapsed and only German troops enforce Austrian law, while nationalist committees and provisional governments make up everything south. In Turkey, a similar situation reigns.
In Germany itself, the Kaiser sees rebellion in the streets of Berlin. Angry at the communists ruining his victory, he sends in the Army.
The US retreats out of the continent, Wilson not having attained much from this foolsh exercise.
In France, the government turns anarchic as there is a new Prime Minister every week. Quickly, people turn to scapegoats, violence, and radicalism.
A recipe for disaster.
CPDysVictory.jpg

In 1917, the mutinies of the French do not happen. However, the French soldiers mutiny in front of the German Spring Offensive. France is knocked out, and the UK makes a white peace. Belgium and Luxembourg stay under German control.
In the east, Brest Livotsk is utilised to feed the starving Germans, and obvioudly this involves pillaging the puppets for food. The situation here is not good, especially with the USSR to the East.
In the Balkans, Austria has collapsed and only German troops enforce Austrian law, while nationalist committees and provisional governments make up everything south. In Turkey, a similar situation reigns.
In Germany itself, the Kaiser sees rebellion in the streets of Berlin. Angry at the communists ruining his victory, he sends in the Army.
The US retreats out of the continent, Wilson not having attained much from this foolsh exercise.
In France, the government turns anarchic as there is a new Prime Minister every week. Quickly, people turn to scapegoats, violence, and radicalism.
A recipe for disaster.
Very, very nice. I didn't know it was possible to get that "black-and-white book map" look with that base map, but you pulled it off admirably!

Sooooo if their balkanised why is there a brazilian flag in the background? You also need some compelling history to go with the dividing into national units mainly based on on a division scheme made in the early 1700s when the interior was still unmapped, which was ended for several good reasons, and in which you've randomly merged some states together...

Well my idea was that, after declaring indepenence from Portugal, the regon would end up being severa smaler republics like New Spain, but thinking about the circumstances of independence (empire in exie, Napoleonic Wars) this seems to be hghly unliely given such a late POD.
As for the flag, I was gong to use the flag of Sao Pauo, but couldn't find a good picture of it waving.

So basically, I'l just pretend this map was just a Pant.net test(which it basicaly was) as opposed to a serous published map

A recipe for disaster.

I know you have areas labeled as collapsing, but shouldn't Bessarabia be attached to Romania? and Dobruja attached to Bulgaria, along with gains from Serbia?

And why is Lithuania attached with the other Baltic states? A separate Lithuanian state and the United Baltic Duchy (which was to be in personal union with Prussia) would be more likely.

I know you have areas labeled as collapsing, but shouldn't Bessarabia be attached to Romania? and Dobruja attached to Bulgaria, along with gains from Serbia?

And why is Lithuania attached with the other Baltic states? A separate Lithuanian state and the United Baltic Duchy (which was to be in personal union with Prussia) would be more likely.
Because Romania immediately went after Hungary in the Balkan Mess Up, and Germany though it would be better suited to placate the Ukranians. Bulgaria... hmm, that's a mistake.
United Baltic Duchy to me says Lithuania is in it. The Germans could also think that, and make the state biger to have it ward off Soviet aggression for now.
In any case most of the borders are highly fluid and useless in 1919.

Nietzsche

Banned
Because Romania immediately went after Hungary in the Balkan Mess Up, and Germany though it would be better suited to placate the Ukranians. Bulgaria... hmm, that's a mistake.
United Baltic Duchy to me says Lithuania is in it. The Germans could also think that, and make the state biger to have it ward off Soviet aggression for now.
In any case most of the borders are highly fluid and useless in 1919.
With the situation in Austria, you'd be more likely to see a 'Greater Lithuania' that's united with White Russia, while Poland loses a bit of land to Germany in exchange for Galacia.

Status
Not open for further replies.