Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
Well, either youre good with those fancy graphc programms like Photoshop or paint.net, or you do it like me and use just MSPaint but have to search carefully then for good basemaps to use...

My approach is to use MSPaint for 95% of it and then add a few effects with a graphic programme. But the one I use is Ulead PhotoImpact, which is ten years old and probably abandonware now.

A map based off of this map I posted a while ago. Once again, it's mainly art, or at least it's based off something that was mainly art, so don't pick away at its many, many innaccuracies too much, alright?

Also, in the process of creating this map, I created an .svg Britain basemap. If someone wants it, I can attach it to a post sometime.

A map based off of this map I posted a while ago. Once again, it's mainly art, or at least it's based off something that was mainly art, so don't pick away at its many, many innaccuracies too much, alright?

Also, in the process of creating this map, I created an .svg Britain basemap. If someone wants it, I can attach it to a post sometime.

*hugs Maharajah*

*hugs Maharajah*

Thank you!

*glances at the map*

Hey, wait a second! How the heck did the label for the Lordship of the Isles get so far over to the left?! I need to fix that!!! :eek:

EDIT: Darn! Imageshack is refusing to upload the fixed image, so I'll just be stuck with the oddly placed label!

Last edited:

Philip

Donor

I think it is safe to assume that several people will be interested in this and any other .svg basemaps you have made.

Norwegian Scotland? No! No! NONONONONOOOOOOOOH!

Epic map, sir. ;)

Krall

Banned

Did the key really need to be that big? I honestly can't look at the key and the map at the same time.

My approach is to use MSPaint for 95% of it and then add a few effects with a graphic programme. But the one I use is Ulead PhotoImpact, which is ten years old and probably abandonware now.

Indeed the way to go. Nothing beats MS paint for drawing a simple border.

Thande

Donor
Did the key really need to be that big? I honestly can't look at the key and the map at the same time.

Why don't you just View Image and zoom out? That's what most people do when viewing Uber-Bams, unless they save the file and then preview it.

Indeed the way to go. Nothing beats MS paint for drawing a simple border.
I've actually become quite fond of GIMP's connect-the-dots-or-whatever-the-hell-it's-called tool, the only with the ink pen icon. By using that tool, it becomes very easy to preview borders and modify border width, style (Consistent dashed lines! Yes!), and so on.

I've actually become quite fond of GIMP's connect-the-dots-or-whatever-the-hell-it's-called tool, the only with the ink pen icon. By using that tool, it becomes very easy to preview borders and modify border width, style (Consistent dashed lines! Yes!), and so on.

Hmmm, I use paint.net, so I've never used that. Sounds good though.

The Path Tool, and yes it is the hominid to Paints plesiadapiform pen tool!

Random doogle, I'd post it in FH maps but thats got a whole 'cesspool' vibe going for it...

futant.png

Last edited:
That's an awesome map, and the timeline looks like soemthgint hat would be interesting.
My only issue is the text is sort of hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.