Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map ive been working on a few days now. USA with more equal states population/size wise than it is in our timeline. I excluded Alaska and Hawaii because the map would be too big with them. Most of the state names and the capitals are taken from the 38-states map, and i used Highlanders technique for dashed lines :)

Link to a really big map based off the world on January 1, 1793.

Okay, here goes:

It might just be my monitor but the black font on the "Royal Domain" Green is hard to read, especially on England for some reason.

Also in the mini map in the bottom left, is there a reason England isn't off the coast of Europe? Also, I feel like Barcelona doesn't have the same borders as the large map.

Now nit picking aside, that is a really good map, and I wish I could to stuff like that.

I concur

Finnally a new map! I've been flirting with the idea of an Ainu Empire stretching to the Americas since that homonimous thread. Also, this is the first map that I do the shaded topography.

Russell - insane concept, beautiful map. :D

I concur

Cross dimension travels detail one of the worlds they went to.

Good job

Washington, DC begs to differ. :p;)

That's Satan's, the Wiccan's, or the Illuminati's fault, or possibly all three.

red%20pentagram.gif

The future of the original A Kingdom and a Horse.

Too large to upload, unfortunately. I'll post the vanilla if anyone wants me to.

http://nekromans.deviantart.com/art/A-World-of-Empires-111690537

Nice. I look forward to reading it when you get back to it.

Incase you want to know the USSR does have territory in East Tokyo. This allows the allies to keep routes to West Berlin open in exchange for routes to East Tokyo.

Heh. Cool map.

Okay. I know I uploaded the danged thing, but the internetski tells me otherwise.

Anyway...

Nice map Gryphon.

What's the difference here? I notice the USA never got involved in the Pacific, but then, Japan seems to have been a whole lot weaker, or else was slammed sooner from many directions.

Nitpick of nitpicks: French Fiji?

Communist China is a recognized country, seperate from the RoC. Germany was a the the one made weaker, due to trench warfar on it's western front. Thus the USSR could attack Japan more.

Thande

Donor
How is that cliché thing different? :mad:

It's not cliché at all. It's the exact opposite of a cliché. In my four years on AH.com, I have seen precisely one other map which has a Republic of Canada derived from the 1830s Canada Revolts. :rolleyes:

I think you may be confusing cliché with "Things that you don't like" :p

It's not cliché at all. It's the exact opposite of a cliché. In my four years on AH.com, I have seen precisely one other map which has a Republic of Canada derived from the 1830s Canada Revolts. :rolleyes:

Yeah - the Cliche is "Canada gets eaten like Mexico". Grrr.

...Although IOTL the '37 was pretty laughable, which is probably why it's not a usual POD...

Not that total implausibility would stop people, of course. :rolleyes:

I thought the cliché was making Canada a Kingdom? Seriously, something like at least half the NA-centric maps posted here include a "Kingdom of Canada," swear to god.

I thought the cliché was making Canada a Kingdom? Seriously, something like at least half the NA-centric maps posted here include a "Kingdom of Canada," swear to god.

Stupid scary yanks making us back down from FULL KINGDOM STATUS mutter mutter. :mad:

Half? More like a half of one third, In the NA centric maps I've seen Canada is ether British, American, or Balkanized.

1850, two years after the Mexican-American War where the United States took a little more land then in OTL which causes a domino effect in Europe (Kingdom of North Italy forms = Balkanization of the Austrian Empire = an earlier German unifacation)
And Uber China.

Basically the idea is they became a stable unitary state from the get-go in the 1810s and beat the Spanish more quickly. And then form a strategic alliance with the British Empire, especially after the loss of Canada in the 1830s. I think Jared had an idea for a full TL about this.
Um, I was talking about Breedoks map in that part you qouted..

The beginning of an interesting AH idea I had, based on the five steps of economic union. I present you, the beginnings of the Continental System!

Here is France and the other countries in the system as of 1796. Currently the Continental System is only on the first step toward economic union, a free trade area.
Ouch! if you're going to make some others maps of this, can i make some suggestions ?
La République Française
République Flamande
République Palatine
République du Luxembourg
République Rhénane
Genoa is Gênes and Mainz, Mayence.

The beginning of an interesting AH idea I had, based on the five steps of economic union. I present you, the beginnings of the Continental System!

Here is France and the other countries in the system as of 1796. Currently the Continental System is only on the first step toward economic union, a free trade area.

What's your POD? OTL, the lands of those four republics to the north of France had been annexed and departmentalised by 1796. Also, in 1795 the UP had been conquered and reformed as the Batavian Republic.

To get your boundaries, you have to butterfly away Danton et al. who championed France attaining her "natural frontier," the left bank of the Rhine.

Half? More like a half of one third, In the NA centric maps I've seen Canada is ether British, American, or Balkanized.

Srsly - cliche althists have no Canada. It rarely shows up, for some reason, as though its very existence was the least likely thing ever to happen.

Some other frequently absent countries: Costa Rica, Iraq (inevitably part of some Ottoman/Persian/Arabian conglomeration), Rwanda & Burundi (despite the fact that they have pre-colonial origins), Korea (a convenient prize for China or Japan), and the small Balkan states such as Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria (always part of some greater Greece/Turkey/Russia/Austria).

Some other frequently absent countries: Costa Rica, Iraq (inevitably part of some Ottoman/Persian/Arabian conglomeration), Rwanda & Burundi (despite the fact that they have pre-colonial origins), Korea (a convenient prize for China or Japan), and the small Balkan states such as Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria (always part of some greater Greece/Turkey/Russia/Austria).
I'd like to hear the story behind some of those mentions at some point-- what's so special about Costa Rica, fr'instance? I thought it was previously part of the Captaincy or Viceroyalty or I forget the term of Guatemala before the Latin American revolutions, so was just as likely to be clumped in with a USCA as anything else.

Rwanada and Burundi sound interesting, though. Oughta look 'em up at some point, I guess.

Srsly -

Some other frequently absent countries: ...Iraq (inevitably part of some Ottoman/Persian/Arabian conglomeration)quote]

Why is Iraq missing...cause it was frickin' created by Winston Churchill to make a Hashemite Prince happy.....Thanks for your support during the great war...now here are some nomads, camels and some cities.....

the US should do the world a favor and break it up....into a nice little federal republic...like Switzerland or Germany....

Krall

Banned
Why is Iraq missing...cause it was frickin' created by Winston Churchill to make a Hashemite Prince happy.....Thanks for your support during the great war...now here are some nomads, camels and some cities.....

the US should do the world a favor and break it up....into a nice little federal republic...like Switzerland or Germany....

ELILIPSES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.

Are you referring to his extensions of them? Because other than that, your signature seems to be doing the same thing.

Actually his signature is the right way to use ellipses, since it's a pause between thread and again and then the trailing off at the end of the sentence. It's denoting a kind of sigh, the inevitability of Krall wining a thread.

"Why is Iraq missing? 'cause it was frickin' created by Winston Churchill to make a Hashemite Prince happy. "Thanks for your support during the great war, now here are some nomads, camels and some cities..."

the US should do the world a favor and break it up into a nice little federal republic,like Switzerland or Germany..."

That's how it should be. And I only included the last set of ellipses because I didn't know if he intended to imply Germany and Switzerland weren't nice federal republics.

Now to maps. Anyone know exactly where in panama the Darien Scheme was supposed to be? It's annoying trying to figure it out with the maps from the era and I can't find a big enough map of Panama

Status
Not open for further replies.