Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight nitpick: Newfoundland wasn't a part of Canada in 1900. Of course, if that's part of your TL, than that's OK:p

Nice effects on the map though

What amuses me is an old almanac/stat book/atlas made in 1930 that notes Newfoundland is separate from Canada in one line of text at the beginning of the section on Canada. Then promptly lumps it with Canada for the rest of the section in every possible way. :rolleyes:

Highlander

Banned
Cross dimension travels detail one of the worlds they went to.

Jefferson__s_World_by_Alt_Reality.jpg

VT45

Banned
What if London was planned after the Great Fire of 1666?

Imagine a city of wide boulevards, puncuated with great roundabouts. In the centres of these roundabouts stand great civic buildings, or beautiful monuments to English and British history. These boulevards slope gently down from the hills on the outskirts to the Thames, where they join North Bank Avenue, or conversely cross the river via breathtaking bridges.

Map of modern OTL London shown under the map for your convenience.

Untitled.gif

Map challenge: make a map of the US states based on my Victoria game. That big chunk of Canada was conquered from Britain.

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
What if London was planned after the Great Fire of 1666?

Then the capital would most probably have eventually been moved to another city :p

Planned capitals tend not to work so well - it would probably have ended up being like Milton Keynes in OTL.

Besides, London was planned after the Great Fire, it just wasn't planned along straight lines.

Their high crime rate and the shit state of the US government begs to differ too.

...What?!

First off, the crime rate in DC isn't actually too much higher than other large cities.

Secondly, the state of the US government is highly exaggerated.

Thirdly, WTF do either of those things have to do with DC being planned?

Their high crime rate and the shit state of the US government begs to differ too.
i agree... but they cant make and enforce the same laws as the states. additionally, the USG sucks because of the economy... which sucks because of loans. which are taken because the money issued isnt worth its own value.

i agree... but they cant make and enforce the same laws as the states. additionally, the USG sucks because of the economy... which sucks because of loans. which are taken because the money issued isnt worth its own value.

And also because all the people in Congress (except a few notable exceptions) care more about their careers and voting with the pack.

That's just because people are happy with the current system - two parties, and only two parties. All other parties are irrelevant and part of the fringe.
i sure as hell am not happy with the 2 party system. but the 2 parties just make it easier. the introduction of a major candidate of another party would be bad. people would be chaotic. however, if a member of the third party, or either party. announces that he will not be swayed by party politics but rather by what the government, and country needs, then it would be much greater

i sure as hell am not happy with the 2 party system. but the 2 parties just make it easier. the introduction of a major candidate of another party would be bad. people would be chaotic. however, if a member of the third party, or either party. announces that he will not be swayed by party politics but rather by what the government, and country needs, then it would be much greater

Problem is getting people who think in terms of Democrat-Republican to listen.

Uhh not to intrude, but I thought this was the map thread, not the how suckish America is thread.

But America is crap...why is the government so stupid?

That's just because people are happy with the current system - two parties, and only two parties. All other parties are irrelevant and part of the fringe.
I'm not partial to the Greens or Libertarians, and anything beyond those two usually is too radical for my liking.

The two coalition parties have worked well enough for over 200 years and counting so far.

Problem is getting people who think in terms of Democrat-Republican to listen.
exactly

Uhh not to intrude, but I thought this was the map thread, not the how suckish America is thread.

But America is crap...why is the government so stupid?
because people are afraid of change. because the people are stupid and elect such imbecile representatives and senators. because people dont think for themselves. because people are brainwashed by the media. and because the media exaggerates everything and puts money into the senators pockets so they stay in and do what the corporations want.

but dude... dont talk shit about america. just its people. i dont wanna have to go over to your house and kill you and say it was "riot control" :D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.