Map of the Fortnight: Main thread

We've done several explicitly ASB/Fantasy/Sci-fi challenges in the past, so more suggestions of that sort are welcome! :)

Perhaps something ala

It came from Space!

Make a map in a setting where there's an invasion or expansion of something non-human (ala the Fae, The Thing, zombies, evil alien skeleton castles). It can have non fantastical things (invasive species or the Spread of Beatlemania) but the focus should be on scifi/fantasy.

The Dreams of The Ancients

Create a map of a post-post-apocalypse, where society has begun to rebuild, and the works of those pre-apocalypse are fading into legend and myth.

Krall

Banned

Create a map of a post-post-apocalypse, where society has begun to rebuild, and the works of those pre-apocalypse are fading into legend and myth.

I believe we ran almost this exact challenge for MotF 15:

Long After the End...

Make a map showing a post-apocalyptic Earth or part of a post-apocalyptic Earth where society has redeveloped along different cultural and technological lines.

That was literally years ago though, so running the same (or a similar) challenge again is definitely possible!

I believe we ran almost this exact challenge for MotF 15:

Long After the End...

Make a map showing a post-apocalyptic Earth or part of a post-apocalyptic Earth where society has redeveloped along different cultural and technological lines.

That was literally years ago though, so running the same (or a similar) challenge again is definitely possible!

I think I might have an idea for this, I can't guarantee I'll have the time to draw it up.

One vote please!

So I have an entry idea, but thanks to academia and the Norwegian local elections, I've barely started work on it as of now. Would anyone else be open to extending this round?

Reposting due to lack of attention. We've only got two entries so far, so I don't know if that counts as low enough volumes to make an extension a valid idea.

Krall

Banned
Reposting due to lack of attention. We've only got two entries so far, so I don't know if that counts as low enough volumes to make an extension a valid idea.

That is low enough for me to consider an extension, but I need to know there's a significant number of people who would benefit from an extension.

So, is there anyone else who would be more likely to get their entry done with a week's extension?

That is low enough for me to consider an extension, but I need to know there's a significant number of people who would benefit from an extension.

So, is there anyone else who would be more likely to get their entry done with a week's extension?

I'm working on one that could be posted today, but could be substantially improved with an extension... so I'm easy either way.

I'd rather not have an extension this week.

Tardis218

Banned

I mean, I uploaded my map, so I'm fine to whatever you guys decide.

Krall

Banned
I'd do one too.

As we've gotten 4 entries now I'm afraid I won't be extending the current contest round.

Anyway, given its popularity I shall be using "Long After the End" as the challenge for MotF 124! The only issue is the name - I'd rather not run it as "Long After the End 2" if at all possible, but thomas.berubeg's alternative name of "The Dreams of the Ancients" doesn't make sense to me, I'm afraid. Any ideas for alternate titles for this challenge?

I really like MrGreyOwl's Map! Reminds me of Paris mixed with Montreal.

Anyway, given its popularity I shall be using "Long After the End" as the challenge for MotF 124! The only issue is the name - I'd rather not run it as "Long After the End 2" if at all possible, but thomas.berubeg's alternative name of "The Dreams of the Ancients" doesn't make sense to me, I'm afraid. Any ideas for alternate titles for this challenge?

How about basing the name on a fun, if not great book that fits the theme very well, Eternity Road

Or, On the Shoulders of Ancients or On the Shoulders of Giants

The Brady Bunch

Have a map of a TL in the present day with the fewest nations realistically possible

One Of Them Is Not Like The Other

Have a map of a country that stands out comparing to its neighbors

Poland Can Into Space!!!

Have a map portraying a much more powerful Poland (bonus points for an epic space agency :D)