Map of the Fortnight: Main thread

Krall

Banned
I'm just being funny.

That's okay - it's just that people occasionally post challenges with "Bonus points for X" or "Preferably X" clauses, but those clauses aren't allowed as part of a challenge. The challenge text has to state the parameters of the challenge without any preference or attempts to influence what specific ideas within those parameters people submit.

So, feel free to put in those clauses as a joke, but be aware that even if that challenge is chosen said clauses are never going to be part of the official challenge.

Perhaps something ala

It came from Space!

Make a map in a setting where there's an invasion or expansion of something non-human (ala the Fae, The Thing, zombies, evil alien skeleton castles). It can have non fantastical things (invasive species or the Spread of Beatlemania) but the focus should be on scifi/fantasy.

Bumping an idea

CRUSADER STATE THAT SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE! FOR GOD WILLED IT!

This shall be my work for this contest (probably) if i have time... university is taking up a lot of my time lately.

497.jpg

Krall

Banned
Since we're close to the halfway point of MotF 124's entry period, what challenges would you all like to see for MotF 125? Remember you can post any and all new challenge ideas you have and/or resuggest old challenge ideas that have been posted in this thread or are on the Wiki list. :)

Calculus Of Power
Make a map showing the effects of political horse trades.

Driving The Autobahn
Make a map of a highway system

The Great Rebuilding
Make a map showing an urban reconstruction effort.

I'm not sure how good of idea this is but here it is:

Battle Royale
Take two personal original alternate history countries/characters and put them in the same universe and make a map depicting what would happen

Krall

Banned
I'm not sure how good of idea this is but here it is:

Battle Royale
Take two personal original alternate history countries/characters and put them in the same universe and make a map depicting what would happen

Does "personal original" mean two characters or countries that the map-maker has personally made up? Because that would likely exclude a lot of people from entering (including me :eek: ).

Asami

Banned
That most recent post on the current MOTF...

It's the political map of Crusader Kings II: After The End.

Krall

Banned
That most recent post on the current MOTF...

It's the political map of Crusader Kings II: After The End.

Huh, it is.

Maps of existing ATLs/scenarios are allowed, but JoeyB really ought to have given credit to the After the End mod. :/

Does "personal original" mean two characters or countries that the map-maker has personally made up? Because that would likely exclude a lot of people from entering (including me :eek: ).

Yeah, that's what I meant, but I guess it could be changed where it could be drawn from different people (as long as they give credit)