Map Continuation 3 - Flags, Crests, Emblems,...

VT45

Banned
The flag of Nova Hibernia. I want to tweak it more, but can't think of how.

untitled.PNG

Just for giggles: Geisebai's presidential sash (Präsidenten-Schärpe, I believe)

[EDIT]: Oops, silly me. The HOS is called the Syndic. So it's the Syndical Sash... Syndikusschärpfe?

GeisebaiSchaerpe.PNG

VT45

Banned
Much too American, IMO.

That's the point. It's supposed to be the Hibernophone analogue to the United States ITTL.

By the way, if anyone has any ideas for the flags of any of the remaining kingdoms of Tiriar Mor, feel free to post them.

That's the point. It's supposed to be the Hibernophone analogue to the United States ITTL.

By the way, if anyone has any ideas for the flags of any of the remaining kingdoms of Tiriar Mor, feel free to post them.

But the country has a history and culture totally different from the US. Why should they design a flag based on the English East India Company?

VT45

Banned
But the country has a history and culture totally different from the US. Why should they design a flag based on the English East India Company?

There is some symbolism inherent in the design. The eight stripes and eight stars stand for the eight provinces of Nova Hibernia. The colours come from Tiriar Mor, their parent country. They kept the canton blue in recognition of the sea and sky of their country, and the stars represent a new constellation on the world stage.

Krall

Banned
A proposal for Nova Hibernia:

The stripes have a very "Five Races Under One Nation" feel about them (which is good), but I still don't like the canton.

I'm in a flag making mood, so I'll try and make a suggestion for Nova Hibernia's flag.

Krall

Banned
This is my idea for Nova Hibernia's flag. It's essentially Maharajah's suggestion with minor changes to the shades and tones of some of the colours, and the canton has been changed to an isosceles triangle. If you want I could try and keep the stars in a circle like in the original map, but it'd be somewhat fiddly to do.

Nova Hibernia.png

This is my idea for Nova Hibernia's flag. It's essentially Maharajah's suggestion with minor changes to the shades and tones of some of the colours, and the canton has been changed to an isosceles triangle. If you want I could try and keep the stars in a circle like in the original map, but it'd be somewhat fiddly to do.
I think you should orient the stars to the right instead of the top.

What Kingdoms are remaining? I have a lot of free time so I'll give them a go.

Also, if anybody else would like some flags created, I'll gladly try and help.

What Kingdoms are remaining? I have a lot of free time so I'll give them a go.

Also, if anybody else would like some flags created, I'll gladly try and help.

I'd presume the same flag for England as OTL.

I think that a majority of countries have no work currently. Many people placed claims and haven't kept up with the world development.

VT45

Banned
Eh, it's a matter of opinion. It's up to VT45 to choose/make Nova Hibernia's flag, in any case.

I prefer Krall's design.

And as for the kingdoms still requiring flags, I believe that they are as follows:
Nova Caledonia
Nova Armorica
Nova Britannia Minor
Tiranach (I've decided that this will be the demonym for Tiriar Mor) Mauretania
Tiranach Guinea
Tiranach Somalia

I prefer Krall's design.

And as for the kingdoms still requiring flags, I believe that they are as follows:
Nova Caledonia
Nova Armorica
Nova Britannia Minor

Tiranach Guinea
Tiranach Somalia

NovaBritanniaMinorflag.png

I didn't know whether you wanted a colonial flag (with Triar Mor canton) or one like this, but I thought this had a South American feel to it. The five colours of the stars represent the five home countries of Triar Mor. Also, as it's Nova Britannia Minor I focussed on Britanny's colours. Furthermore, Nova Britannia Minor is situated in OTL Suriname so I used the Surinamese flag as a template.

Yes, I know the five stars look a bit dodgey but I expect somebody else with more talent might be able to sort that out. I'm not sure about the white star on the white background so somebody could probably think of a way around it.

I prefer Krall's design.

Nova Caledonia
Nova Armorica
Nova Britannia Minor
Tiranach Guinea
Tiranach Somalia

novacaledonia.png

As Nova Caledonia is pretty much an analogue to Nova Scotia, I thought you could swap the colours round of Triar Mor's Scotland flag in the same manner as Nova Scotia is an invert of the St Andrew's flag.

This is messy and untidy and I presume somebody else will be able to perfect the design.

VT45

Banned
I'd prefer, if it's possible, to have these designs include the Tiranach flag in the canton, like the other colonies have.