Map Contest Two: Discussion

Yes, its that time of year again!:D

MAP CONTEST: II

With three new judges!

er, two new judges!

Shadow Knight, Grand Master of the Order of BAM, as Chief Judge.

Scarecrow, Brother of the Order of the BAM, as Judge and mouthpeice.

and our Special Guest, the third Judge: Doctor What, all the way from the NPC and Chat forums.

The rules are quite simple, pretty much the same as last time:

The Map Contest will be held in a series of nine stages.

There will be eight qualifying stages and a ninth and final stage. Each of the nine stages will be set on a certain theme.

In each of the first eight stages, the three judges will choose one winner who will then go on to progress to the ninth and final stage; the final stage then should see the eight winners of the previous eight stages competing against each other to find the grand winner of the Map Contest.

The rules are as follows:

1) You must register your entry in to the competition in thread for that week.

2) We are setting a minimum map size of 500x500 pixels, with no upper limit.

3) Each map you create must be completely new. No reuse of previous maps you have made, or anyone else has made is allowed. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disqualified from the Map Contest completely.

4) The decision of the three-judge panel is final. In the event that one person wins multiple challenges or if there is a tie-break, Shadow Knight as Chief Judge will cast the final decision and choose who progresses to the final stage.

Let the discussion commence!

Susano

Banned
Hm, I think Ill enter this one. Not that I have any cchance... hm, maybe I can supplant creatvity for fancyness :D

Can you use someone elses map as a basemap, or does the map have to be completely from scratch?

Basemaps are fine, in fact they are required!:p

I assume you mean taking a map from the base map thread, rather then modifing someones already made ATL map

Aw damn, just when I have no time for excessive mapping the next weeks. :(

But I will partake in the third contest, whenever that will be. :)

Can you use someone elses map as a basemap, or does the map have to be completely from scratch?

Basemaps are fine, in fact they are required!:p

I assume you mean taking a map from the base map thread, rather then modifing someones already made ATL map

Using some else's map as a base map is fine as long as it is NOT just say a renaming of stuff on the map, etc. I'd suggest if you are planning that route that substantial changes be made to it. Cause if someone calls you on it (as being similiar to one already done) and evidence supports that you'd get the boot.

SK