List of monarchs III

What if Dom Pedro II hadn't been deposed but had died during his trip abroad while Isabel was regent and she'd become Empress and defeated the Republican coup?

Kings and Queens of Portugal, the Algaves, and Brazil

1815 - 1816 Dona Maria (House of Braganza)
1816 - 1822 Dom João VI (House of Braganza)

Emperors of Brazil

1822 - 1831
Dom Pedro I (House of Braganza)
1831 - 1888 Dom Pedro II (House of Braganza)
1888 - 1921 Dona Isabel (House of Braganza) [1]
1921 - 1971
Don Joao VII (House of Orleans-Braganza) [2]

[1] Isabel already had experience as she reigned over the Empire twice as regent while her father, Pedro II, had been on extended tours abroad, first in 1871 and then in 1876-1877. She then was again regent in 1887 when her father's illness led him to travel to Europe for treatment, where he died the following year. Isabel was the first Empress of Brazil. She was popular with the common folk and the freed slaves as she had signed the Golden Law in 1888 abolishing slavery. The rich plantation owners despised her and attempted a Republican coup in 1889, but the people rallied around their Empress and she defeated the coup. She had married Prince Gaston of Orleans, the Count of Eu, in 1864. He was 22 and she was 18. It was an arranged marriage, but they quickly fell in love and had four children. The first, a daughter, was still born. Prince Pedro was born in 1875, Luiz in 1878, and Antonio in 1881. Isabel was a popular leader and brought Brazil into the 20th Century. The Empire was a Constitutional Monarchy with a two house democratic assembly. The Empress was heavily involved in politics, beginning with her work for abolition before she was even Empress but only regent. In 1917, Isabel finally convinced the legislature to join in WWI against the Central Powers, the only nation in South America to join in the war. Prince Antonio and Prince Luiz both fought in the war before the Empire joined and both were wounded. Antonio died in 1915 and Luiz's wounds finally led to his death in 1919. The Empress was never the same after that and died from grief in 1921.

[2] The death of his father, Prince Pedro, days before his grandmother passed away meant that Joao was suddenly Emperor at ten years old. His father had married Isabelle of Orleans, further cementing the families ties to the French nobility - regardless of them being deposed. With his uncles dead, the job of Regent was handed to his father's cousin Prince Pedro Augusto of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, for the following eight years until Joao reaches majority in 1929. Pedro de Alacantra then played the game of marrying the young emperor to his own niece, Clementine, daughter of his youngest brother, Ludwig Gaston. Continuing his grandmother's ties to their allies from the first war saw Brazil provide troops and arms when war broke out in Europe again in 1939 - After allowing the SS St Louis to dock in May, following its rejection in Cuba and America, Brazil was laid siege to and the Axis Powers continually attempted to disrupt shopping which hampered their efforts. When the USA entered the War in 1941, Brazil refocused their attention to providing support for their northern "neighbours" in the War in the Pacific for the following four years. When NATO was developed in the aftermath of the War, Brazil became the only southern member of the coalition. Joao lived to 61 with several children and grandchildren surviving him. He died of cancer after starting smoking in his teens shortly after becoming Emperor.

What if Dom Pedro II hadn't been deposed but had died during his trip abroad while Isabel was regent and she'd become Empress and defeated the Republican coup?

Emperors of Brazil

1822 - 1831
1921 - 1971
Dom João VII (House of Orleans-Braganza) [2]
1971 - 2006
Dom Pedro III (House of Orleans-Braganza) [3]

[1] Isabel already had experience as she reigned over the Empire twice as regent while her father, Pedro II, had been on extended tours abroad, first in 1871 and then in 1876-1877. She then was again regent in 1887 when her father's illness led him to travel to Europe for treatment, where he died the following year. Isabel was the first Empress of Brazil. She was popular with the common folk and the freed slaves as she had signed the Golden Law in 1888 abolishing slavery. The rich plantation owners despised her and attempted a Republican coup in 1889, but the people rallied around their Empress and she defeated the coup. She had married Prince Gaston of Orleans, the Count of Eu, in 1864. He was 22 and she was 18. It was an arranged marriage, but they quickly fell in love and had four children. The first, a daughter, was still born. Prince Pedro was born in 1875, Luiz in 1878, and Antonio in 1881. Isabel was a popular leader and brought Brazil into the 20th Century. The Empire was a Constitutional Monarchy with a two house democratic assembly. The Empress was heavily involved in politics, beginning with her work for abolition before she was even Empress but only regent. In 1917, Isabel finally convinced the legislature to join in WWI against the Central Powers, the only nation in South America to join in the war. Prince Antonio and Prince Luiz both fought in the war before the Empire joined and both were wounded. Antonio died in 1915 and Luiz's wounds finally led to his death in 1919. The Empress was never the same after that and died from grief in 1921.

[2] The death of his father, Prince Pedro, days before his grandmother passed away meant that Joao was suddenly Emperor at ten years old. His father had married Isabelle of Orleans, further cementing the families ties to the French nobility - regardless of them being deposed. With his uncles dead, the job of Regent was handed to his father's cousin Prince Pedro Augusto of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, for the following eight years until Joao reaches majority in 1929. Pedro de Alacantra then played the game of marrying the young emperor to his own niece, Clementine, daughter of his youngest brother, Ludwig Gaston. Continuing his grandmother's ties to their allies from the first war saw Brazil provide troops and arms when war broke out in Europe again in 1939 - After allowing the SS St Louis to dock in May, following its rejection in Cuba and America, Brazil was laid siege to and the Axis Powers continually attempted to disrupt shopping which hampered their efforts. When the USA entered the War in 1941, Brazil refocused their attention to providing support for their northern "neighbours" in the War in the Pacific for the following four years. When NATO was developed in the aftermath of the War, Brazil became the only southern member of the coalition. Joao lived to 61 with several children and grandchildren surviving him. He died of cancer after starting smoking in his teens shortly after becoming Emperor.

[3] The eldest son of Dom João VII, he ascended the throne during the time Brazil had became the cultural and economic powerhouse of South America, thanks to the policies implemented by Prime Ministers Tancredo Neves (1971-76) and Leonel Brizola (1976-84), the first head of Brazilian government to be elected twice after the constitutional amendment that was approved by the Imperial Parliament in 1975. Thus, his reign was dubbed as Brazil's "Second Golden Age". Also during this period, diplomatic relationship with the Federal Republic of Pernambuco greatly improved thanks to the initiative of the administration of Prime Minister Itamar Franco (1984-92), which led to the famous Salvador (after the capital of Bahia) Accords in 1989, the centennial of the (aborted) Republican coup, in which Brazil and Pernambuco had formally recognized each other's sovereignty. On the 8th of September 2006, Dom Pedro had announced on national television that he would abdicate, citing his declining health and the need of new blood to guide the country. Thus, he was succeed by his (son/daughter) ___________________ .

Emperors of Brazil

1822 - 1831
1921 - 1971
Dom João VII (House of Orleans-Braganza) [2]
1971 - 2006
Dom Pedro III (House of Orleans-Braganza) [3]
2006 - 0000
Dona Amalia (House of Orleans-Braganza) [4]

[3] The eldest son of Dom João VII, he ascended the throne during the time Brazil had became the cultural and economic powerhouse of South America, thanks to the policies implemented by Prime Ministers Tancredo Neves (1971-76) and Leonel Brizola (1976-84), the first head of Brazilian government to be elected twice after the constitutional amendment that was approved by the Imperial Parliament in 1975. Thus, his reign was dubbed as Brazil's "Second Golden Age". Also during this period, diplomatic relationship with the Federal Republic of Pernambuco greatly improved thanks to the initiative of the administration of Prime Minister Itamar Franco (1984-92), which led to the famous Salvador (after the capital of Bahia) Accords in 1989, the centennial of the (aborted) Republican coup, in which Brazil and Pernambuco had formally recognized each other's sovereignty. On the 8th of September 2006, Dom Pedro had announced on national television that he would abdicate, citing his declining health and the need of new blood to guide the country. Thus, he was succeed by his daughter, Princess Imperial Amalia.

[4] Amalia was born when her father was in his late forties - her elder brothers were all playboys, entrepreneurs and hustlers who squandered their allowances and took to drink, prostitutes and drugs. It was a scandal of epic proportions that only the goodwill engendered by her father's reign and her own birth and personality helped the monarchy survive - with a constitutional amendment created by Parliament that allowed the bypass of her elder brothers in the line of succession. Each was given time to ledge an objection, none applied one. In turn, Amalia married Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, the Duke of Varmland, fourth in the line of succession to the Swedish throne. This marked a major departure for the Brazilian monarchy as precious marriages had all been to distant French or Germanic relations - and with their mutual good looks, the pair became media darlings and social media talked about them constantly. Something which only increased upon the birth of their first child, Prince Imperial Carlos Pedro, in 2015. As of 2018, Amalia has since given birth to two further children - Princess Amalia and Princess Isabella.

I will post my submission for the next round of the game later today - as have to head out for a few hours.

I will post my submission for the next round of the game later today - as have to head out for a few hours.
While we wait, I will pick this one up, please add your one as soon as you want.

Robert Curthose marries Margaret of Wessex

Kings of England, Duke of Normandy
1066 - 1087: William I, the Conqueror (House of Normandy)
1087 - 1110: Robert I (House of Normandy) [1]
1110 - 1134: Edward I "the fair" (House of Normandy) [2]

[1]
Marries Margaret of Wessex, the eldest sister of Edgar the Aethling, he is succeeded by his eldest surviving son, Edward in Normandy and England.
[2] Edward was the third child, second son of Robert and Margaret, his older sister, Agatha married King Edgar I, King of Scotland, son of Saint Margaret of Scotland, daughter of Edward Ætheling the Exile, while his older brother, William, died fighting their uncle William Rufus, in the West counties.
Edward was a kind and benevolent king, a drastic contrast to his father and grandfather. His diplomatic skills brought the Welsh princese, under his lordship and kept his French borders firm, against an agitated Louis VI of France, who was losing a many sided war against the Duchies of Aquitaine, Auvergne, Burgundy, Brittany, Boulogne and Lorraine, threatening his very kingdom.
The marriage alliance between England and Scotland, was strengthened when Edward's eldest daughter, Constance, married Edgar II of Scotland, son of Agatha and Edgar I.
His death after reigning 24 years, came with great sadness and saw his son, Prince ________, take the throne.

1134 - 1158: William II (House of Normandy) [3]

[1]
Marries Margaret of Wessex, the eldest sister of Edgar the Aethling, he is succeeded by his eldest surviving son, Edward in Normandy and England.
[2] Edward was the third child, second son of Robert and Margaret, his older sister, Agatha married King Edgar I, King of Scotland, son of Saint Margaret of Scotland, daughter of Edward Ætheling the Exile, while his older brother, William, died fighting their uncle William Rufus, in the West counties.
Edward was a kind and benevolent king, a drastic contrast to his father and grandfather. His diplomatic skills brought the Welsh princese, under his lordship and kept his French borders firm, against an agitated Louis VI of France, who was losing a many sided war against the Duchies of Aquitaine, Auvergne, Burgundy, Brittany, Boulogne and Lorraine, threatening his very kingdom.
The marriage alliance between England and Scotland, was strengthened when Edward's eldest daughter, Constance, married Edgar II of Scotland, son of Agatha and Edgar I.
His death after reigning 24 years, came with great sadness and saw his son, Prince William, take the throne.
[3] The sole son of Edward I, William would take the throne at the age of 21, and his first act would be assist Louis VI of France in his wars against the Aquitainian League, and for his troubles would be granted the County of Flanders, eventually forcing an end to the war in the Siege of Toulouse with William II of England, Normandy and Flanders defeating William XI of Aquitaine in personal combat in 1142.
William would marry his paternal cousin, Adéle of Gloucester, daughter of Henry, Earl of Gloucester, the second surviving son of Robert I, and the pair would welcome an heir in 1138, and four other children between 1143 and 1151.
William II would die of complications from an illness in 1158, and the Throne would pass to ________.

1158 - 1170: Robert II (House of Normandy) [4]

[1]
[2] Edward was the third child, second son of Robert and Margaret, his older sister, Agatha married King Edgar I, King of Scotland, son of Saint Christina of Scotland, second daughter of Edward Ætheling the Exile, while his older brother, William, died fighting their uncle William Rufus, in the West counties.
His death after reigning 24 years, came with great sadness and saw his son, Prince William, take the throne.
[3] The sole son of Edward I, William would take the throne at the age of 21, and his first act would be assist Louis VI of France in his wars against the Aquitainian League, and for his troubles would be granted the County of Flanders, eventually forcing an end to the war in the Siege of Toulouse with William II of England, Normandy and Flanders defeating William XI of Aquitaine in personal combat in 1142.
William would marry his paternal cousin, Adéle of Gloucester, daughter of Henry, Earl of Gloucester, the second surviving son of Robert I, and the pair would welcome an heir in 1138, and four other children between 1143 and 1151.
William II would die of complications from an illness in 1158, and the Throne would pass to Robert II.
[4] Enhanced the Anglo-French alliance and established the Anglo-Imperial alliance and created Magna-Carta which would be laws for the rights nobles and peasants and reformed the kingdom of england, he would marry Agatha of Burgundy, a younger sister of Holy Roman Empress and Countess Beatrice of Burgundy.

note I changed it from Margaret to Christina since Robert married Margaret in TTL.

Last edited:

[1]
[2] Edward was the third child, second son of Robert and Margaret, his older sister, Agatha married King Edgar I, King of Scotland, son of Saint Christina of Scotland, second daughter of Edward Ætheling the Exile, while his older brother, William, died fighting their uncle William Rufus, in the West counties.
William II would die of complications from an illness in 1158, and the Throne would pass to Robert II.
[4] Enhanced the Anglo-French alliance and created Magna-Carta, married Agatha of Burgundy, a younger sister of Holy Roman Empress and Countess Beatrice of Burgundy.

note I changed it from Margaret to Christina since Robert married Margaret in TTL.
Any more information about Robert II?

1170 -1256:
William III (House of Normandy) [5]

[1]
[4] Robert II enhanced and further the Anglo-French alliance during his reign, and secondly established the lesser known Anglo-Imperial alliance.
Robert would also create the Magna-Carta which would be a number of laws determining the rights of nobles and peasants, and secondly reform the kingdom of England.
He would marry Agatha of Burgundy, a younger sister of Holy Roman Empress Beatrice of Burgundy, who would give him his sole son and heir, William of England, Normandy and Flanders, and after his untimely death at the age of 32, his son would become king.
[5] William would come to the throne of England and his French territories at the age of two, and his mother would be his principal regent for much of the start of his life. Agatha of England, his mother, would organise his marriage to her distant cousin, Sancha of Portugal, and the pair were married in 1174, when the king was aged 6.
The main reasons that William III is so well known are; his longevity on the throne, his number of Wives, and his many children by those wives. His reign of 76 years would span nearly his entire life, and he would marry five times; to Sancha of Portugal, Louise Maria of France, Hildegard of Brabant, Louisa of Aquitaine, whose marriage would give the House of Normandy the Duchy of Aquitaine, and lastly Wilhelmina of Zütphen. His eldest child was born in 1186, Prince William Alphonse of England, with his last child being born in 1241, Princess Margaret Louise of England, having a grand total of 28 children.
When William III passes in 1256, the throne of England, and the French Territories, including the Duchies of Normandy and Aquitaine, and the County of Flanders passes to his principal heir ________.

Last edited:
What if George Louis (later, George I of Great Britain) died whilst with his father during the Franco-Dutch War in 1675 ...

Kings and Queens of Britain
1706 - 1714: Queen Anne (House of Stuart)
1714 - 1726: King Maximillian (House of Hanover) [1]

[1] Maximillian was the third son of Ernest, Elector of Brunswick-Luneburg and later Elector of Hanover, and his wife, Sophia. In 1683, Ernest instituted primogeniture which meant that all his titles and land would be handed to his eldest surviving son Frederick (after George, his eldest died during the Franco-Dutch war in 1675. This caused dissent with Maximillian and his younger brother, Christian, and whilst Christian's rebellion was attributed to the fraternal influence of Maximillian, Maximillian was forced to seek shelter with his uncle, the Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg. When Frederick subsequently died during the Battle of Georgen in 1690, Maximillian became heir - but Ernest declared that Maximillian had abandoned his claim through his seven year absence and made Christian his Heir Apparent. In retaliation, Maximillian fled and pledged his service to the Holy Roman Empire and converted to Roman Catholicism.

However, the Act of Settlement of 1703 put his mother after Queen Anne and her issue in the line of succession and failed to recognise the disinheritance his father had places upon him. After negotiations with William III and Princess Anne, Maximillian converted back to Lutheranism and was allowed to travel to London on the grounds he was seeking a British wife to validate his claim to the throne. He married the widowed Anne Spencer, Dowager Countess of Sunderland, with two children by her first husband and daughter of one of Princess Anne's favourites and was made Duke of York upon his marriage.

Anne subsequently produced two children with Maximillian but the relationship between Anne and her parents was strained when they fell out with Queen Anne - whilst Maximillian used the disagreement to procure the ownership of Marlborough House (later Palace, upon completion). When his mother and then Anne died, Maximillian ascended the throne - but his wife died within two years leaving him a monarch and a single father with his father-in-law sitting as Prime Minister and guiding him through much of the running of the country.

The Jacobites had a field day with the birth of the 'House of Marlborough'. Since the marriage had been one of duty, after a suitable period of mourning, Maximillian was seen to be courting any eligible woman in the continent - but many eligible women were also Roman Catholic - so no further marriages happened though it was suspected that Antonia Farnese of Parma was his long-time mistress and Jacobite propaganda suggested the King had secretly married her against the rules of the Act of Settlement. Maximillian died in 1726 of complications following a routine medical procedure, leaving his eldest .... only eighteen when they took the throne.

1170 - 1256:
1256 - 1269:
William IV (House of Normandy) [6]

[1]
[4] Robert II enhanced and further the Anglo-French alliance during his reign, and secondly established the lesser known Anglo-Imperial alliance.
Robert would also create the Magna-Carta which would be a number of laws determining the rights of nobles and peasants, and secondly reform the kingdom of England.
He would marry Agatha of Burgundy, a younger sister of Holy Roman Empress Beatrice of Burgundy, who would give him his sole son and heir, William of England, Normandy and Flanders, and after his untimely death at the age of 32, his son would become king.
[5] William would come to the throne of England and his French territories at the age of two, and his mother would be his principal regent for much of the start of his life. Agatha of England, his mother, would organise his marriage to her distant cousin, Sancha of Portugal, and the pair were married in 1174, when the king was aged 6.
The main reasons that William III is so well known are; his longevity on the throne, his number of Wives, and his many children by those wives. His reign of 76 years would span nearly his entire life, and he would marry five times; to Sancha of Portugal, Louise Maria of France, Hildegard of Brabant, Louisa of Aquitaine, whose marriage would give the House of Normandy the Duchy of Aquitaine, and lastly Wilhelmina of Zütphen. His eldest child was born in 1186, Prince William Alphonse of England, with his last child being born in 1241, Princess Margaret Louise of England, having a grand total of 28 children.
When William III passes in 1256, the throne of England, and the French Territories, including the Duchies of Normandy and Aquitaine, and the County of Flanders passes to his principal heir, Prince William Alphonse of England.
[6]Upon the Death of William III, his eldest son from his first marriage to Sancha of Portugal took the throne of England. William IV would marry the daughter of King Sancho I of Portugal, Infanta Branca of Portugal, and she would give him three children, a son and two daughters.
For much of his life, William lived an easy life of relative comfort, as he would travel between the many territories of his father, from Normandy to England, to Flanders, to Aquitaine. William had no care for his many half-siblings, only caring for his three full-siblings; Prince Edward, Princess Mary, and Princess Elizabeth.
Upon his succession to throne, late in life and with a full grown heir already, William IV settled into an easy reign. He would delegitimise his many half siblings, and would arrest many of his brothers, and his sister's would be sent to convents. His full-Brother Prince Edward would be made Vicecount of Flanders, to rule the County in his place.
After a rule of some thirteen years, William IV of England, Normandy, Aquitaine and Flanders would pass in his sleep, and the Throne would go to ________.

What if George Louis (later, George I of Great Britain) died whilst with his father during the Franco-Dutch War in 1675 ...

Kings and Queens of Great Britain
1706 - 1714: Anne (House of Stuart)
1714 - 1726: Maximillian (House of Hanover) [1]
1726 - 1768: John II (House of Hanover) [1]

[1] Maximillian was the third son of Ernest, Elector of Brunswick-Luneburg and later Elector of Hanover, and his wife, Sophia. In 1683, Ernest instituted primogeniture which meant that all his titles and land would be handed to his eldest surviving son Frederick (after George, his eldest died during the Franco-Dutch war in 1675. This caused dissent with Maximillian and his younger brother, Christian, and whilst Christian's rebellion was attributed to the fraternal influence of Maximillian, Maximillian was forced to seek shelter with his uncle, the Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg. When Frederick subsequently died during the Battle of Georgen in 1690, Maximillian became heir - but Ernest declared that Maximillian had abandoned his claim through his seven year absence and made Christian his Heir Apparent. In retaliation, Maximillian fled and pledged his service to the Holy Roman Empire and converted to Roman Catholicism.

However, the Act of Settlement of 1703 put his mother after Queen Anne and her issue in the line of succession and failed to recognise the disinheritance his father had places upon him. After negotiations with William III and Princess Anne, Maximillian converted back to Lutheranism and was allowed to travel to London on the grounds he was seeking a British wife to validate his claim to the throne. He married the widowed Anne Spencer, Dowager Countess of Sunderland, with two children by her first husband and daughter of one of Princess Anne's favourites and was made Duke of York upon his marriage.

Anne subsequently produced two children with Maximillian but the relationship between Anne and her parents was strained when they fell out with Queen Anne - whilst Maximillian used the disagreement to procure the ownership of Marlborough House (later Palace, upon completion). When his mother and then Anne died, Maximillian ascended the throne - but his wife died within two years leaving him a monarch and a single father with his father-in-law sitting as Prime Minister and guiding him through much of the running of the country.

The Jacobites had a field day with the birth of the 'House of Marlborough'. Since the marriage had been one of duty, after a suitable period of mourning, Maximillian was seen to be courting any eligible woman in the continent - but many eligible women were also Roman Catholic - so no further marriages happened though it was suspected that Antonia Farnese of Parma was his long-time mistress and Jacobite propaganda suggested the King had secretly married her against the rules of the Act of Settlement. Maximillian died in 1726 of complications following a routine medical procedure, leaving his eldest son, Prince John of Wales, only eighteen when they took the throne.

[2] Succeeding to the throne at 18, John, would reign for 42 years, seeing off, rebellions from the Jacobites, but assuring his Protestant Kingdom, they were safe under him.
As well as a coronation in 1727, King John II also married, Princess Wilhelmine of Prussia, the marriage was a happy one, but only produced a single daughter, Princess ______, of Wales. Queen Wilhelmine died in 1758, aged 49 and the king would spend the last 10 years of his reign, in mourning, dying in 1768, of a broken heart.

Kings of England, Duke of Normandy, Aquitaine and Flanders

1170 - 1256:
1256 - 1269:
1269 - 1318: Edward II (House of Normandy) [7]

[1]
When William III passes in 1256, the throne of England, and the French Territories, including the Duchies of Normandy and Aquitaine, and the County of Flanders passes to his principal heir, Prince William Alphonse of England.
[6]Upon the Death of William III, his eldest son from his first marriage to Sancha of Portugal took the throne of England. William IV would marry the daughter of King Sancho I of Portugal, Infanta Branca of Portugal, and she would give him three children, a son and two daughters.
For much of his life, William lived an easy life of relative comfort, as he would travel between the many territories of his father, from Normandy to England, to Flanders, to Aquitaine. William had no care for his many half-siblings, only caring for his three full-siblings; Prince Edward, Princess Mary, and Princess Elizabeth.
Upon his succession to throne, late in life and with a full grown heir already, William IV settled into an easy reign. He would delegitimise his many half siblings, and would arrest many of his brothers, and his sister's would be sent to convents. His full-Brother Prince Edward would be made Vicecount of Flanders, to rule the County in his place.
After a rule of some thirteen years, William IV of England, Normandy, Aquitaine and Flanders would pass in his sleep, and the Throne would go to his grandson.
[7] His father, Prince William of Wales, died in a hunting accident, a year before William IV's own death, leading to 7 year old, Prince Edward of Wales, gaining the throne, with his uncle Prince Edward, Duke of York and Vicecount of Flanders, serving as regent of the whole nation, for the next nine years.
Edward the Prince Regent, would raise King Edward II, to be the king that the nation deserved, one of elegance, integrity and stability.
The coronation in 1278, was a grand one not only to mark the birthday of the 16 year old king, to show off the grandness of England wealth and might. His nearly fifty year reign was one of prosperity for the nation and its people, with Edward, leaving the governing of the lands to the lords and barons, only intervening in disputes when tension was high and his own presence was needed.
He first married in 1276, Beatrice of Lincoln, a distant relative, arranged by his uncle, however Beatrice died in 1281, with no children produced. In 1283, 21 year old Edward married 13 year old Isabella of Burgundy, the second daughter of Hugh IV, Duke of Burgundy and his second wife Beatrice of Navarre, ruling happily beside him, for his 49 year reign, although married for so long, the happy marriage only produced a single child, __________, Prince of Wales. There have been many rumours that the reason for the happy marriage and only one child, is due to Edward's sexuality, having laid with Isabella, once for duty of an heir.

Kings and Queens of Great Britain
1706 - 1714: Anne (House of Stuart)
1714 - 1726: Maximillian (House of Hanover) [1]
1726 - 1768: John II (House of Hanover) [2]
1768 - 1794: Mary III (House of Holstein-Gottorp) [3]

The Jacobites had a field day with the birth of the 'House of Marlborough'. Since the marriage had been one of duty, after a suitable period of mourning, Maximillian was seen to be courting any eligible woman in the continent - but many eligible women were also Roman Catholic - so no further marriages happened though it was suspected that Antonia Farnese of Parma was his long-time mistress and Jacobite propaganda suggested the King had secretly married her against the rules of the Act of Settlement. Maximillian died in 1726 of complications following a routine medical procedure, leaving his eldest son, Prince John of Wales, only eighteen when they took the throne.

[2] Succeeding to the throne at 18, John, would reign for 42 years, seeing off, rebellions from the Jacobites, but assuring his Protestant Kingdom, they were safe under him.
As well as a coronation in 1727, King John II also married, Princess Wilhelmine of Prussia, the marriage was a happy one, but only produced a single daughter, Princess Mary, of Wales. Queen Wilhelmine died in 1758, aged 49 and the king would spend the last 10 years of his reign, in mourning, dying in 1768, of a broken heart.

[3] the sole daughter of John II, Mary III would attain the throne in 1768. Mary had married Prince Frederick Adolf of Sweden, and had a son by her accession to the throne, _______. The majority of her reign was peaceful, as was her marriage to King-Consort Frederick Adolf, who would provide her with her a further four sons.
When she passed in 1794, her eldest son ________ took the throne.

Kings of England, Duke of Normandy, Aquitaine and Flanders

1170 - 1256:
1256 - 1269:
1269 - 1318: Edward II (House of Normandy) [7]
1318 - 1341:
John I (House of Normandy) [8]

[1]
After a rule of some thirteen years, William IV of England, Normandy, Aquitaine and Flanders would pass in his sleep, and the Throne would go to his grandson.
[7] His father, Prince William of Wales, died in a hunting accident, a year before William IV's own death, leading to 7 year old, Prince Edward of Wales, gaining the throne, with his uncle Prince Edward, Duke of York and Vicecount of Flanders, serving as regent of the whole nation, for the next nine years.
Edward the Prince Regent, would raise King Edward II, to be the king that the nation deserved, one of elegance, integrity and stability.
The coronation in 1278, was a grand one not only to mark the birthday of the 16 year old king, to show off the grandness of England wealth and might. His nearly fifty year reign was one of prosperity for the nation and its people, with Edward, leaving the governing of the lands to the lords and barons, only intervening in disputes when tension was high and his own presence was needed.
He first married in 1276, Beatrice of Lincoln, a distant relative, arranged by his uncle, however Beatrice died in 1281, with no children produced. In 1283, 21 year old Edward married 13 year old Isabella of Burgundy, the second daughter of Hugh IV, Duke of Burgundy and his second wife Beatrice of Navarre, ruling happily beside him, for his 49 year reign, although married for so long, the happy marriage only produced a single child, John, Prince of Wales. There have been many rumours that the reason for the happy marriage and only one child, is due to Edward's sexuality, having laid with Isabella, once for duty of an heir.
[8] Prince John took the throne in 1318, and set about subjugating the Irish lords. Invading Ireland from the southeast, and obtaining papal permission, the English army was supported by forces from Normandy, Aquitaine and Flanders, and by the end of 1325, the Irish lords were largely dominated by the English crown, so much so that in 1328, the Irish lords collectively recognised John as King of Ireland, and John united the crowns of England and Irel in perpetuity.
In 1341, John I passed and the Throne went to_______.

[3] the sole daughter of John II, Mary III would attain the throne in 1768. Mary had married Prince Frederick Adolf of Sweden, and had a son by her accession to the throne, _______. The majority of her reign was peaceful, as was her marriage to King-Consort Frederick Adolf, who would provide her with her a further four sons.
When she passed in 1794, her eldest son ________ took the throne.

Peaceful reign? No American Revolution or French Revolution?

The submission I was writing up earlier when I got ninja'd was going to go with the following ...

"...
and oversaw the devolution of powers to the Dominion of America under the governorship of (his) brother-in-law whom (he) had created the Duke of Edinburgh and the start of the French Revolution which saw (him) offer sanctuary to several French nobles on the grounds of their conversion to Lutheranism, several took up the offer resulting in a significant number of Protestant nobles flooding the upper class of France when the First Republic collapsed a decade later ..."

Feel free to use it however you wish.